2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

swooper wrote:Apparently a very very small fraction missed out (37 I read somewhere). So small in the scheme of things. I believe it will be sorted. Go Pies
Hopefully sanity prevails and those members get a seat or at least standing.

I know I’m go8ng to feel a lot better when I finally get a location on my seat. It’s just been so badly mishandled.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

Dave The Man wrote:IF I can't get Tickets to the Grand Final the Club can shove the Legends Membership up there ass - as Means nothing really
But it looks like you got a seat,you just need to sort your credit card out.

It is quite disheartening though. I mean it’s always a chook lotto, but this is a monumental stuff up. I’m counting my blessings and I’ll be relieved to get that email.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

I'm not exactly sure how the ballot was carried but I can see scenarios where P2 could get a better ticket category than P1, probably best to put this into an example. Again I'm just surmising here.

Say a P1 ballot entry has an allocation for 4 tickets, the system would try to get 4 seats together starting at Cat 1 and then trying each lower category in order. If there is no block where 4 seats are together then standing room might be allocated. So that would mean that even if there were say 100 blocks of 3 seats together the P1 entry looking for 4 seats would miss out.

Following this it could be that the P2 entry could get a better category of ticket than the P1 entry. It would likely be a small number of cases but as you got towards the last of the P1 tickets being allocated it might be possible.

It would need to be a pretty smart algorithm that considered multiple scenarios to ensure that every P1 entry is allocated a better category than P2, etc. It probably isn't that complex and smart, I mean they've only made millions of dollars over the years to administer this entry system....
Go Pies!
blackmissionary

Post by blackmissionary »

Hurricane wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:My AMEX card has just registered $310 to Ticketek!!!!!!

I assume that means I have 2 standing room tix? At this stage, I'll actually be ecstatic if I get them, even though at $950 pa Legends members should be able to buy a seat.

I still have not received any confirmation from Ticketek, but if they've taken my money it must mean I'll get them.

I'll be contacting the club first thing in the morning. The whole process has been a mess.

Awesome. Could also be a seat with restricted view I think. Although some of the restricted view ones are not that bad from what I’ve heard.
Restricted view would most likely be seats that have the guard rails at the front of the upper decks blocking the view of the boundary line, at the point nearest to where the seat is located.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Dave The Man wrote:IF I can't get Tickets to the Grand Final the Club can shove the Legends Membership up there ass - as Means nothing really
you will get a ticket dave.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Culprit wrote:106k into 25k doesn't work. Selling expensive memberships guaranteeing seats for a GF looks to have failed. Experience has me believing AFL Gold Membership with Club Support is the membership to have.
correct dale. $28 for a prelim ticket at worst plus essentially guaranteed a grand final ticket if pies are playing. i gave up my legends membership after 2012 when i knew i was going to be elevated to gold. been to every grand final since. it’s at least a 15 year wait now for gold.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
BBHS
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by BBHS »

Anyone know what the restricted view tickets might look like?
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by piffdog »

So seems like 37 people who are Legends have been bounced out of the ballot because they ticked no standing room. (Facts).

That issue will be addressed I believe this morning.

What I dont like (and happy for someone to add some facts (yes facts only pls...) is that a priority one member could somehow draw a standing room ticket before other better tickets are exhausted.

I understand that if you are priority 2 or three there is a chance you might miss out all together.

Perhaps the trade off here if they insist on running this ballot nonsense, is that when you are randomly allocating seats to priority one members, you simply remove the standing room tickets from that ballot and only add them back in once you get to the priority two and three members. As a priority one, you might still end up with a cat 5 or 6 (which I don't particularly like) - but there is no risk you will be standing room (my mum is 65 - she's not able to stand for 4+ hours).

So to everyone who is saying "why do I buy legends?" - its because you are guaranteed access, even though it might be standing room (the way it is currently done). You can lower your membership level for next year and potentially end up with a category one or two seat, but you might also miss out all together. I had previously assumed that legends membership would not only get me into the ground, but would get me first access to the best seat (and certainly not run the risk of having to stand). Rightly or wrongly, that is not the case.

So the choice is definitely have access to the game (Legends) OR potentially have access to a great seat. Which would you chose?

A bit stressful, and no doubt blown up because it's Collingwood. Will feel better once I have seen my tickets arrive at 9am this morning (fingers crossed). Club has been better with communication this year - feel like they could have done a better job of this.

Good luck to everyone who is holding their breath for access.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

We have been charged Category 5 tickets (x2) as P1 members, so I acknowledge I am fortunate to not have some the issues others are facing. Just waiting on the email confirmation which apparently should be out shortly.

Surely you allocate P1 until the allocation is exhausted, then P2 and so on....

In 2011 & 2018, we had category 3 tickets as P1, this time category 5. From what I can see on the MCG ticketing areas, these seats are in the 'sky' either in the Ponsford, Sth Stand or Olympic Stand. :roll:
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
mattdally
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mattdally »

Ticketek have released the seats.
I am standing in M23
Jezza
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 316 times

Post by Jezza »

Q8 Row DD.

Looks like the final row of the bay.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

Top deck of Ponsford (Q34), row U. I am changing my mindset from 'should have received better seating for P1 membership', to 'we are going to see premiership 16".

Go Pies :D
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
magpietragic

Post by magpietragic »

This is disgusting I got a call from Ticketek to confirm that my friend was a catergory one priority ticket holder and is also in a wheelchair and it seems he has missed out! I was assured he would get a ticket! He has been a legends member from the beginning of when legends members were a thing! I spent hours on the phone yesterday without speaking to any one. At 6 the call disconnected! My account was debited with booking fee but now he is understandably very upset. I am my phone this morning as well as my husbands phone just in case one drops out. My friend is awaiting a call from Collingwood. I am seething for him. He is entitled to a companion seat but will forgo that if he can just get a wheelchair spot!
magpietragic

Post by magpietragic »

Ooops triple post my nerves are rattled
Last edited by magpietragic on Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
magpietragic

Post by magpietragic »

Double post