2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

stoliboy wrote:Collingwood fans slam grand final ballot process after missing out on tickets | 9 News Australia
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPqyyEeKluQ
Should get our Membership Money Back or Free Legends Membership for next season at least
I am Da Man
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:My AMEX card has just registered $310 to Ticketek!!!!!!

I assume that means I have 2 standing room tix? At this stage, I'll actually be ecstatic if I get them, even though at $950 pa Legends members should be able to buy a seat.

I still have not received any confirmation from Ticketek, but if they've taken my money it must mean I'll get them.

I'll be contacting the club first thing in the morning. The whole process has been a mess.
Yeah, apparently we get confirmation in the morning, shit that it’s standing but glad you got something mate, cheers
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
slangman
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

One of AFL, Collingwood, MCC or Ticketek need to be held responsible for this debacle with financial compensation at the very least. A very simple process has been totally stuffed up and it will be fascinating to watch the blame game.
- Side By Side -
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

slangman wrote:One of AFL, Collingwood, MCC or Ticketek need to be held responsible for this debacle with financial compensation at the very least. A very simple process has been totally stuffed up and it will be fascinating to watch the blame game.
Shows what Idiots run it
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 317 times

Post by Jezza »

I assume that means I have 2 standing room tix? At this stage, I'll actually be ecstatic if I get them, even though at $950 pa Legends members should be able to buy a seat.

I still have not received any confirmation from Ticketek, but if they've taken my money it must mean I'll get them.

I'll be contacting the club first thing in the morning. The whole process has been a mess.
That's great to hear mate.

I know it's a bit disappointing it's not seating, but at least you're in.

This whole process has been a debacle.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Good news RB!
I got Cat 7 but happy I got anything with this mess.
The stories about P2 getting seats better not be true.
Hurricane
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Hurricane »

Awesome. Could also be a seat with restricted view I think. Although some of the restricted view ones are not that bad from what I’ve heard.

We are all waiting on the confirmations, they are coming out tomorrow. It would be better if ticketek sent an email when they took funds to limit some of the confusion.
swooper
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swooper »

Apparently a very very small fraction missed out (37 I read somewhere). So small in the scheme of things. I believe it will be sorted. Go Pies
Last edited by swooper on Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

IF I can't get Tickets to the Grand Final the Club can shove the Legends Membership up there ass - as Means nothing really
I am Da Man
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

I don’t understand why they can’t send an email or txt once you are successful.

Charging $6 a registration, they can afford to send some messages.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Lone Ranger

Post by Lone Ranger »

Apparently AFL fans association have been in contact with AFL/Ticketek.
They inadvertently admitted the ballot was botched.

“ • As the ballot allocated seats randomly it is possible for Priority 2 and Priority 3 members to receive better seats than Priority 1 members”

The rule was P2 ballot doesn’t commence till P1 concludes.
P1 members received standing (some who didn’t accept standing missed out) and so ALL reserved seating must have been exhausted.
So when P2 commenced there should have been no reserved seating available.

So either Ticketek stuffed up by not randomly allocating all the reserved seats prior to standing, or the instructions to them were wrong.
Either way the ballot was botched.
Stunning!!!
Last edited by Lone Ranger on Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lone Ranger

Post by Lone Ranger »

Double post
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Lone Ranger wrote:Apparently AFL fans association have been in contact with AFL/Ticketek.
They inadvertently admitted the ballot was botched.

“ • As the ballot allocated seats randomly it is possible for Priority 2 and Priority 3 members to receive better seats than Priority 1 members”

The rule was P2 ballot doesn’t commence till P1 concludes.
P1 members received standing (some who didn’t accept standing missed out) and ALL reserved seating must have been exhausted.
So when P2 commenced there should have been no reserved seating available.

So either Ticketek stuffed up by not randomly allocating all the reserved seats prior to standing, or the instructions to them were wrong.
Either way the ballot was botched.
Stunning!!!
Should be Done again then
I am Da Man
Lone Ranger

Post by Lone Ranger »

Just read the rules:

Tickets will be allocated via ballot on a next best available basis, and therefore members can receive a Category 1-7 Reserved Seat, Restricted View Seat or Standing Room ticket. If you select option 2 and all reserved seat tickets have been allocated when your registration is next to be processed, you will not be issued a Grand Final Ticket.

Ticketek have admitted they didn’t do this. They say they randomly selected people and then randomly allocated seats (not “next best available” as they were supposed to). They say that’s why some P1 got standing when P2 got seats.

Any P1 who got standing should be outraged (I got a seat).

This is stunning news
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Lone Ranger wrote:Just read the rules:

Tickets will be allocated via ballot on a next best available basis, and therefore members can receive a Category 1-7 Reserved Seat, Restricted View Seat or Standing Room ticket. If you select option 2 and all reserved seat tickets have been allocated when your registration is next to be processed, you will not be issued a Grand Final Ticket.

Ticketek have admitted they didn’t do this. They say they randomly selected people and then randomly allocated seats (not “next best available” as they were supposed to). They say that’s why some P1 got standing when P2 got seats.

Any P1 who got standing should be outraged (I got a seat).

This is stunning news
Shows what a Joke and Why they need to Re-Do the Ballet
I am Da Man