2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Hurricane wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Thanks LR. I'm devastated. :(
Did you register in the P1 ballot between 8am-12pm? I’m just wondering if possibly some registered in a later priority group in error. Just seen alot of people in a similar situation and it’s quite scary if these people have done the right thing and missed out.
I registered straight away and received an SMS yesterday confirming that I was registered for the ballot and would receive an email with the tiicket info. But i've received nothing, yet others, even those not Legends members, have received confirmation.

I am totally devastated. Why the phuck did I spend $2000 for Legends member tix for my son and I, if it gets me phuck all at GF time?
Culprit
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

106k into 25k doesn't work. Selling expensive memberships guaranteeing seats for a GF looks to have failed. Experience has me believing AFL Gold Membership with Club Support is the membership to have.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
Did you register in the P1 ballot between 8am-12pm? I’m just wondering if possibly some registered in a later priority group in error. Just seen alot of people in a similar situation and it’s quite scary if these people have done the right thing and missed out.
I registered straight away and received an SMS yesterday confirming that I was registered for the ballot and would receive an email with the tiicket info. But i've received nothing, yet others, even those not Legends members, have received confirmation.

I am totally devastated. Why the phuck did I spend $2000 for Legends member tix for my son and I, if it gets me phuck all at GF time?
we dont have confirmation, just a ticketek pending amount on our card.

(edited, just read back you answered my questions already)

good luck mate, i hope it gets sorted.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Hurricane
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Hurricane »

RudeBoy wrote:
Hurricane wrote:

Hopefully there is just a bank delay. Ticketek should really send an email when they deduct the money and simply say. You’ve been successful in the ballot, your ticket details will be available on Monday at 9am. It might cut out alot of the confusion. They just deduct money and don’t confirm anything. They really need to find you some tickets if they have stuffed it up.
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Culprit wrote:106k into 25k doesn't work. Selling expensive memberships guaranteeing seats for a GF looks to have failed. Experience has me believing AFL Gold Membership with Club Support is the membership to have.
Legends is capped at around 12k to ensure the GF guarantee. Not sure of the exact number but is supposed to be less than gf tickets available to competing clubs.
How many registered and how many seats were on offer is the first question.
There should have been more seats than registrations.
Next is did any P2 get seats (not standing room). They shouldn’t have as some P1 got standing
Last edited by Lone Ranger on Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Lone Ranger wrote:
Culprit wrote:106k into 25k doesn't work. Selling expensive memberships guaranteeing seats for a GF looks to have failed. Experience has me believing AFL Gold Membership with Club Support is the membership to have.
Legends is capped at around 12k to ensure the GF guarantee.
How many registered and how many seats were on offer is the first question.
There should have been more seats than registrations.
Next is did any P2 get seats (not standing room). They shouldn’t have as some P1 got standing
Is this Deja Vu from 2010 1st Granny and 2011?
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

^^^
Yep, did Collingwood oversell Legends?? Surely not and the issues are solely with Ticketek
Yarra Falls End

Post by Yarra Falls End »

RB, have you tried calling AMEX?
They should be able to tell you if money has been deducted by ticketek You can then ask them the amount and work out the category
Good luck
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

100%, shit load cheaper and don't have to worry about random ballots, can sit wherever you like.

I got M18, perfect centre wing position, pretty close to where I was in 2018.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

yeah but how many years til you get there?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

think positive wrote:yeah but how many years til you get there?
Long wait now. Those of us who joined as AFL Members in the Waverly Stadium Days have never looked back.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Four of us in the ballot, my daughter has had $155 deducted from her bank account by Ticketek but nothing in her Ticketek account yet. Assuming she has got a standing room/restricted view ticket? My oldest son has scored a ticket from a mate with AFL connections. Got the feelers out for my other son now. Me, I’m not going due to my record:

1990: I was there - win
2002: I was there - loss
2003: I was there - loss
2010: I was there - draw.
2010 Replay: I wasn’t there - win
2011: I was there - loss
2018: I was there - loss

My record ain’t great, so for the sake of you all, I ain’t going.
Last edited by Damien on Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Collingwood fans slam grand final ballot process after missing out on tickets | 9 News Australia
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPqyyEeKluQ
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

My AMEX card has just registered $310 to Ticketek!!!!!!

I assume that means I have 2 standing room tix? At this stage, I'll actually be ecstatic if I get them, even though at $950 pa Legends members should be able to buy a seat.

I still have not received any confirmation from Ticketek, but if they've taken my money it must mean I'll get them.

I'll be contacting the club first thing in the morning. The whole process has been a mess.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Looks like I was also Screwed over by the AFL and Ticketek,

Got SMS today saying my Transaction had Failed and they want to try again Midday Tomorrow.

But never says in my Bank Account they Tried to get Funds out.

I am so Pissed Off at the Moment just because I did not want Standing Room as I thought as a Legends Member I was Guaranteed a Seat.

Lower Piroty can get Seats - F**king Joke

Shows what a Joke the AFL/Ticketek are.

So Pissed off at the Moment
I am Da Man