2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Collingwood fans up in arms amid calls for ‘urgent review’ of AFL grand final ticket ballot
The grand final ballot has uncovered a major problem for the Pies’ 100,000 members.
https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/collingw ... 000312.amp

Article quotes a letter Collingwood sent to members last week.

Priority 1 members are guaranteed a ticket but not a seat in any particular category, as noted by Collingwood in a letter to members last week.

“Ticketek would, using an automated system, randomly allocate tickets to priority group 1 members who registered, and then randomly allocate the remaining tickets to priority 2 members and priority 3,” the club said.

“Whilst P1 members who have successfully registered are guaranteed access to purchase a ticket, please keep in mind that Members are not able to select the location or price category of their allocated seat(s). This is where the ballot element comes into play.

“Tickets will be allocated via ballot on a next best available basis and therefore members can receive either category 1-7 reserved seat, restricted view seat or standing room ticket.

“P1 members must select that they will accept a standing room ticket to maintain guaranteed access to purchase a ticket. Although it’s unlikely that a P1 member would miss out for this reason, it is not impossible.”
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:Woohoo, P14, I'm pumped! :D :D :D
p24 for kiss.
Thanks for the heads up!
Far enough away but I'm already making sure I miss all that nonsense :shock:
ffs. the kiss camp. not kiss cam.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

er.. that's what I'm talking about! I assume you're talking about where the band will be setup? :?
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I registered two P1 Legends members, but haven't received any info about our tix. Ticketek took $356 from me last monday, but now I'm getting very stressed that we have missed out.

Can anyone give me some good information to calm my nerves?
stoliboy

Post by stoliboy »

https://twitter.com/sammy__edmund/statu ... OOOpFHWjrQ

For those in the fight...
Members who selected 'no standing room' in the registration process will miss out on a ticket if they were allocated standing room. I'm told the "small number" of Priority 1 Collingwood members who did not get a ticket (for selecting no standing room) can contact the club. Successful members who've had their cards charged will get ticket confirmation Mon morning.
stoliboy

Post by stoliboy »

RudeBoy wrote:I registered two P1 Legends members, but haven't received any info about our tix. Ticketek took $356 from me last monday, but now I'm getting very stressed that we have missed out.

I think that last quote in the tweet means you are all good… “Successful members who've had their cards charged will get ticket confirmation Mon morning.”

You should get an email tomorrow morning as the money has been deducted.
Hurricane
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Hurricane »

RudeBoy wrote:I registered two P1 Legends members, but haven't received any info about our tix. Ticketek took $356 from me last monday, but now I'm getting very stressed that we have missed out.

If they took money last Monday that would be Prelim tickets? For GF ballot they should have taken money yesterday
Last edited by Hurricane on Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

I would check your credit card account.
Money is only deducted after the ballot has been done and you have been allocated a seat/s in a particular category.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Phuck, phuck, phuck! The money charged seems to have been for my Prelim tix. There's no info on my AMEX card showing a Ticketek deduction yesterday. I'm only hoping that it will show up on my account Monday morning.

Seriously, if I've missed out after spending almost $2000 on 2 Legends tix in order to be guaranteed a GF ticket, then the club and the AFL can go and get phucked.

Overall, the lack of proper communication about this is another example of supporters being treated with contempt.
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

RudeBoy wrote:Phuck, phuck, phuck! The money charged seems to have been for my Prelim tix. There's no info on my AMEX card showing a Ticketek deduction yesterday. I'm only hoping that it will show up on my account Monday morning.

Seriously, if I've missed out after spending almost $2000 on 2 Legends tix in order to be guaranteed a GF ticket, then the club and the AFL can go and get phucked.

Overall, the lack of proper communication about this is another example of supporters being treated with contempt.
Did you register? Did you select “any seat including standing”.
If yes to both you are guaranteed a ticket.
If you said “no standing” in the registration you can contact the club Monday apparently.
You Amex should have been hit Saturday evening
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Lone Ranger wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Phuck, phuck, phuck! The money charged seems to have been for my Prelim tix. There's no info on my AMEX card showing a Ticketek deduction yesterday. I'm only hoping that it will show up on my account Monday morning.

If you said “no standing” in the registration you can contact the club Monday apparently.
I definitely clicked "any seat including standing". There's nothing showing on my AMEX yet, but hopefully it will show up tomorrow. :cry:
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

I feel for you. Apparently ticketek reprocessing any declines tomorrow. Maybe that?? Contact the club but I imagine lots will be doing that Monday
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Thanks LR. I'm devastated. :(
stoliboy

Post by stoliboy »

RudeBoy wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:

I definitely clicked "any seat including standing". There's nothing showing on my AMEX yet, but hopefully it will show up tomorrow. :cry:
Call the Club first thing Monday morning Rudeboy.

I hope it works out for you.
Hurricane
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Hurricane »

RudeBoy wrote:Thanks LR. I'm devastated. :(
Did you register in the P1 ballot between 8am-12pm? I’m just wondering if possibly some registered in a later priority group in error. Just seen alot of people in a similar situation and it’s quite scary if these people have done the right thing and missed out.