2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

^^^^^
Yep, have this as another advantage of finishing higher and getting the home game .... your members get the right to purchase their reserved seats on Monday morning. That afternoon the seats open to others if not sold.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

^ Seems only fair
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

One of the reasons for allowing 4 tickets per barcode and extend PF tickets to AFL silver members was to get more GWS or non-Pies attending.

Non Pies more likely to barrack against Collingwood.

Plus the AFL is always concerned about how it looks on TV.
Hence why they always alternate bays b/w supporter groups, rather than one end Pies and one end Dees (as an example). Apparently the mix looks better on TV.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

I have no problem with 4 tickets once its open to general public but whats the point of allocating bays for Legends and then allowing 4 tickets per membership .... guarantees that some Legends will miss out on the good seats.
sourav04

Post by sourav04 »

Hey Guys

Probably a stupid question but is there any way of knowing for sure when you buy tickets on Facebook Marketplace that they are not selling to me and someone else or I send them money and they they don’t send me the tickets? I am coming over from Perth with my son and really want to go to the game….
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

sourav04 wrote:Hey Guys

Probably a stupid question but is there any way of knowing for sure when you buy tickets on Facebook Marketplace that they are not selling to me and someone else or I send them money and they they don’t send me the tickets? I am coming over from Perth with my son and really want to go to the game….
not really, id try direct instead. i have trust issues, thats a long way to come
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

sourav04 wrote:Hey Guys

These are just suggestions. By no means am I suggesting you go ahead with the purchase. All care No responsibility.

The seller needs to assure you that they are legitimate.

I sold some tickets to a family in WA a few years back. They barracked for Fremantle. I did my best to assure them that I was legitimate and vice-a-versa. Took a modest deposit for the tickets. I met them at the parade and made the exchange. Sold at cost price.

Check their Facebook profile. Do they have any other presence on the internet? Linkedin? Share phone numbers so you can text.
If you cannot make a connection - then opt out.

If possible have someone in Melbourne meet them on your behalf.

If you are exchanging via Ticketek transfer maybe pay for the Junior ticket... have it transferred then purchase the next.

You are managing risk.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

The Prelim is for the REAL fans.
We have 100K+ members??.... The ability to purchase 4 tickets per membership for what is arguably the most [second most?] important game of the season is probably too many. Not sure if this is at the crux of the issue but it can't be helping!
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Not sure if I count as a "real" fan, but as a non-member I just assumed from the outset that I wouldn't get to attend any finals this year. Seems to have turned out that way!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

MCC sold out.

The very last of the remaining single seats top deck only on sale thursday only between 9am-12noon.

Then its a case of chancing it with the walk up seats and que since 7am like the crack of dawn lets say.

has anyone cued up ala Wimbledon style and camped overnight in the MCC for like 12 or more hours.

I think the very first ones will start cueing around 8amish.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

I have a vendor on the hook trying to renegotiate a deal. Their ability to get me into the corporate box on Friday night might just get them over the line!
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

David wrote:Not sure if I count as a "real" fan, but as a non-member I just assumed from the outset that I wouldn't get to attend any finals this year. Seems to have turned out that way!
When i say 'REAL' fans, I'm referring to people who barrack & cheer for Collingwood. As opposed to the corporates and non invested +1's that attend the grand final as a social event.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

David wrote:Not sure if I count as a "real" fan, but as a non-member I just assumed from the outset that I wouldn't get to attend any finals this year. Seems to have turned out that way!
You’re definitely a real fan David. If anyone has a spare ticket to Friday send it his way!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I’m successful in the grand final ballot now to make it and win this Friday
charmer

Post by charmer »

The 4x tickets per membership was ludicrous and essentially enabled the general public to access the member pre-sale, all they needed was to know a Collingwood member. Of course the paid up members are the ones who have paid the price for this massive stuff up.

We are legends members and sit in the Ponsford every week for home and away games, we have never missed a game. By the time the Ticketek lottery let me in to purchase tickets it was after 10.20am and I couldn’t access any seats on level 1 in the Ponsford, including the legends bays. All we could get was level 4.

How the club allowed this to happen is nothing short of a disgrace. All we wanted was somewhere on level 1 in the Ponsford. Very angry