2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

daics aka the ruckman wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:AFL member and cannot even get a standing room.
get fkd.
Last time all I could get was standing. (Gold AFL Collingwood member)
This time M22 after a seven minute wait.

And $8.30 transaction fee to send an SMS with the ticket ?? Ripoff.
speaking of rip off - the ballot, $6 to register x 200,000 people is $1,200,000! handy little earner !
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Hurricane
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Hurricane »

Looks like it’s sold out.

If anyone is looking for tickets check out https://marketplace.ticketek.com.au as new tickets come up all the time. And prices are quite reasonable considering it’s a reseller site. But at least it’s scam free as it links to ticketek.

Had some luck with this for the Melbourne game where we got crap tickets. So bought one and sold the one we didn’t want.
Philthypie
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Philthypie »

^^^^^^
Why do Members who pay for the privilege of a GAURANTEED GF ticket need to pay a fee to register FFS!!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Did anyone get a seat.

Saw MCC is sold out already.

They do have some walk up seating on level 2 but have to get there early in que to get them.

I feel they will release the remaining seats on wednesday today was the first batch.

I am going into the dining ballot tomorrow at 9am so i hope im successfull.
burnsy17
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by burnsy17 »

Legends member. Opted for the legends priority.

Ended up in the nosebleeds of the Southern.

This system is a farce.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by Jezza »

What'sinaname wrote:Crazy to allow 4 tix per barcode. Hurts members that they can buy tix for friends who don’t turn up regularly.
Agree.

Looking back at 2019 when we played GWS in the PF, it was 2 tickets per barcode.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

burnsy17 wrote:Legends member. Opted for the legends priority.

This system is a farce.
Yes that happened to me and took me over 1 hour to get tickets!
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

It was a stressful morning for me just to get 2 tickets.

It look so long to get in and when I went to choose section that were not available. It would say not available.

The system is a joke!

I ended up in the Great Southern Stand Q4.
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Magpiefan3 wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:Legends member. Opted for the legends priority.

This system is a farce.
Yes that happened to me and took me over 1 hour to get tickets!
It's a lottery. I logged in at 10:30. Got in within 10 mins.
I got level 1 Ponsford, next to cheer squad.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Jezza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:Crazy to allow 4 tix per barcode. Hurts members that they can buy tix for friends who don’t turn up regularly.
Agree.

Looking back at 2019 when we played GWS in the PF, it was 2 tickets per barcode.
I think the AFL were worried that the game might not sell out. With 100,000 members that was never going to happen.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

I did an experiment after taking note of what many people said who got tickets for the Qualifying.
10.08am. My mobile phone Ticketek app opened up the get tickets window. Got two cat 1 Legends tickets.
10.17qm. My iPad Ticketek app opened up the get tickets window and I got one cat 2 ticket.
10.25am. My desktop pc browser opened up the get tickets window and I got two cat 3 tickets.

This fits in with the feedback from here, Extreme B&W and Big Footy. The fastest method is phone app and the slowest is browser. The browser page order takes longer as it requires extra payment security steps and if you don’t have your credit card details cached from previous purchases on your desktop or laptop you are at risk of the final steps causing a crash and log off.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
slangman
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

The ability to purchase 4 tickets per barcode is ludicrous and needs to be removed next year. Too many non members have the same access to tickets as committed financial members which is both frustrating and disrespectful.
- Side By Side -
think positive

Post by think positive »

perthmagpie wrote:I did an experiment after taking note of what many people said who got tickets for the Qualifying.
10.08am. My mobile phone Ticketek app opened up the get tickets window. Got two cat 1 Legends tickets.
10.17qm. My iPad Ticketek app opened up the get tickets window and I got one cat 2 ticket.
10.25am. My desktop pc browser opened up the get tickets window and I got two cat 3 tickets.

This fits in with the feedback from here, Extreme B&W and Big Footy. The fastest method is phone app and the slowest is browser. The browser page order takes longer as it requires extra payment security steps and if you don’t have your credit card details cached from previous purchases on your desktop or laptop you are at risk of the final steps causing a crash and log off.
Usually my iPhone or iPad is quickest, yesterday my desktop was, I got in in 7 min, great seats, it was quick, by the time I’d finished, let out a yell, it was maybe 11 min past, my phone, iPad and laptop were still scrolling.

It’s chook lotto at its worst.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

^ Maybe the problem is everyone has 3 devices trying to log in at the same time :)
think positive

Post by think positive »

slangman wrote:The ability to purchase 4 tickets per barcode is ludicrous and needs to be removed next year. Too many non members have the same access to tickets as committed financial members which is both frustrating and disrespectful.
agree it’s disgraceful.

If the AFL had an integrity at all, reserved seat holders would be given 24 hours to pay for their usual seat, for all finals at the ground, even corresponding seats for teams that don’t have the MCG as home ground. Ifits not paid for then release them. Why should someone who is lucky enough to get through before me but has not attended games or paid for that seat all season, have a better seat than me?

Where is the loyalty?

It’s a total and disgraceful farce that stresses me out every single time. I fricken hate it!