2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 320 times

Post by Jezza »

David wrote:Jon Ralph reckons that if GWS win, the AFL are considering scheduling us for the Saturday game and Brisbane/Carlton for Friday night. :|
Ridiculous.

We weren't afforded the luxury of playing on Saturday in 2012 and 2018 when we played a Friday night prelim off a 6-day break.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

It might mean nothing but BT did say in the coverage tonight the winner to play Brisbane next Saturday.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Jezza wrote:
David wrote:Jon Ralph reckons that if GWS win, the AFL are considering scheduling us for the Saturday game and Brisbane/Carlton for Friday night. :|
Ridiculous.

We weren't afforded the luxury of playing on Saturday in 2012 and 2018 when we played a Friday night prelim off a 6-day break.
Apparently it's something about the Giants having to travel twice (from Adelaide back to Sydney, and then from Sydney down to Melbourne). Seems pretty questionable to me.

Anyway, go Port! :)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

[quote="ANNODAM"][quote="the fuzz"]^Pies over Panthers Madonna
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

David wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Ridiculous.

Apparently it's something about the Giants having to travel twice (from Adelaide back to Sydney, and then from Sydney down to Melbourne). Seems pretty questionable to me.

Anyway, go Port! :)
But it would be 1st vs 7th so who gives a shit if they have to travel via Darwin. If the AFL had any integrity they would give us the best possible chance to advance, not only giving the Giants the least possible recovery but us the chance to recover quicker for the GF if we advance.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Johnno75 wrote:It might mean nothing but BT did say in the coverage tonight the winner to play Brisbane next Saturday.
It was highlighted on the TV screen last night that the Blues v Lions would be next saturday night.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Johnno75 wrote: If the AFL had any integrity
There’s your problem
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

RudeBoy wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:It might mean nothing but BT did say in the coverage tonight the winner to play Brisbane next Saturday.
It was highlighted on the TV screen last night that the Blues v Lions would be next saturday night.
I think Channel 7 may have been jumping the gun there. Ralph wasn’t saying it was a done deal that we’d play the Giants on the Saturday, but just something that the AFL were considering. In any case, I don’t think we’ll know for sure where it lands until tonight.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

They probably can’t have the Lions & Broncos playing on the Saturday night.

So given my Panthers are playing Friday night, I’d be happy for a Saturday game at this point.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

[quote="piedys"][quote="ANNODAM"][quote="the fuzz"]^Pies over Panthers Madonna
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Hey guys,

Decades long reader but only registered to post today.

My son Easton is turning 8 next Saturday and all he wants is to attend his first Collingwood final. We have club memberships and sit with friends, but we don’t have one for him this year. His love of the game (and the Pies) grew exponentially this season.

Can anyone who won’t be using their barcode next week, make my son’s birthday? I have been offered an AFL membership but I know the AFL vs Club tickets go one sale at different times and I don’t know if I can use them together.
swooper
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swooper »

Further to Belinda's request ; does anyone have a spare adult barcode they would be prepared to share? Thanks :)
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

Ch.7 just said it again. "A date with the Magpies next Friday night"
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

I don't swear on BBs but I will be f-ing spewing if we play next Saturday night. We finished top and the AFL fixtures the Giants so they can suck it up and play on Friday. If not the Magpie army should pay the AFL a visit on mass!!!
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

Will be a massive sh!t storm with Carlton fans, apparently they have been snapping up flights and accommodation in large numbers for Saturday night.