Maynard incident > Maynard rule > Brayshaw retirement

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What do you think Maynard will get when it’s all over?

Two or more weeks and season done
16%
One week – misses the PF but back for the grand final
10%
Nothing – he’ll get off, either by not being cited or on appeal
74%

Total votes: 96

David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IF they ban tackles, bumps, and high marking, and smothering, the game will be truly rooted, may as well watch paint dry.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

Pickett has attacked the head 3 times... further proving what a hypocrit this whole club is
Buon Giorno
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Agree - what a bunch of hypocrites are the Dees - shouldn't Smith be suspended for accidentally hitting Weirering!
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

NO doubt goofy bad sport Goodwin will attempt to blame the Maynard incident for his teams second straight , straight sets finals exit, I bet he will. LOL
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 311 times

Post by Jezza »

Piesnchess wrote:NO doubt goofy bad sport Goodwin will attempt to blame the Maynard incident for his teams second straight , straight sets finals exit, I bet he will. LOL
Yeah, but Carlton won.

I'm not laughing.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
bally12

Post by bally12 »

I hate Carlton as much as anyone, but the karma bus just hit the Jolimont toffs in the balls.
The most disgraceful whinging performance by a club from the coach down I've ever seen, while simultaneously character assassinating Bruz, who happens to be the nicest amd fairest player you could meet. And all this over an accident!
So fitting to see their little "tough man" Viney butcher the ball straight to the only Carlton player in the vicinity with 90secs to go.
As for the DaDaDaDas, don't worry they got theirs coming next week at the Gabbatoir.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Both as bad as each other, they wont get past the Lion at the Gabbatoir, they were very lucky to win that, really, shit lucky, same as week before.

Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Jezza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:NO doubt goofy bad sport Goodwin will attempt to blame the Maynard incident for his teams second straight , straight sets finals exit, I bet he will. LOL
Yeah, but Carlton won.

I'm not laughing.
For now it is amusing because they will be full of themselves and then impaled next weekend at the Gabba. If for any reason they do not, the comedy will cease.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

plenty of injuries and suspensions coming out of Bears and Scums...
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Although the disgust at the filth winning any game - let alone a final is strong the justice of the toffs going down mostly because they spent all their pennies defaming a real gentleman is almost enough to appease it . . . almost.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Max Gawn refuted everything Caroline Wilson, and a few others, reported. Where’s their apology and retraction?
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Max Gawn refuted everything Caroline Wilson, and a few others, reported. Where’s their apology and retraction?
Definitely don’t hold your breath. I have never ever heard Wilson apologise to Collingwood or our players. I vividly remember a sportsman’s night a few years ago when Swannie said that Wilson had written a brutal story about him but he had never met her and the facts were purposely distorted by her to enhance the narrative that Swannie had stuffed up when in reality, it was nothing even close to the truth. Since then I have not any wasted time listening to or watching her.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️