Maynard incident > Maynard rule > Brayshaw retirement

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What do you think Maynard will get when it’s all over?

Two or more weeks and season done
16%
One week – misses the PF but back for the grand final
10%
Nothing – he’ll get off, either by not being cited or on appeal
74%

Total votes: 96

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

jonmac1954 wrote:Apparently Gawn has come out and refuted the whole home visit sh!tshow saying that he saw the flowers go into the vase and the wine into the wine chiller.

ONYA MAXY well played son.
Can’t wait to read Caro’s retraction and apology. She not only threw Maynard under the bus, but the Melbourne players AND Brayshaw’s mum. Over what she admitted she only overheard at a function.
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:The problem with the AFL is it’s run by lawyers.
Sadly this is true of every large organization and especially government.

It's why the world is as fcked up as it is.

They simply have NFI about reality, it's all about ego for them.
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:Apparently Gawn has come out and refuted the whole home visit sh!tshow saying that he saw the flowers go into the vase and the wine into the wine chiller.

Can’t wait to read Caro’s retraction and apology. She not only threw Maynard under the bus, but the Melbourne players AND Brayshaw’s mum. Over what she admitted she only overheard at a function.
Caro apologise????

Doubt that will ever happen Mr M.

That one is an egomaniac with sadistic/victimizer leanings.

One of these days she will pillory the wrong target.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Caro will always be Caro, the AFL will always be a soulless corporation run by a private school club of lawyers. And our boys will always be vilified by them both. Anyway, let’s get on with the footy and win this flag!!! A premiership or bust, it’s the only way to stick it up em.
Culprit
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

Our President is a Lawyer and an Ex AFL Lawyer as well. :P
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

If it was run by Nicksters it would have folded decades ago.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Culprit wrote:
Our President is a Lawyer and an Ex AFL Lawyer as well. :P
But he’s wisely keeping his head down and not putting his ego first!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

piffdog wrote:
If it was run by Nicksters it would have folded decades ago.
Imagine.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Mr Miyagi wrote:

This woman never apologises for anything,even when it’s been proven that her facts were wrong,so don’t hold your breath!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Caro will always be Caro, the AFL will always be a soulless corporation run by a private school club of lawyers. And our boys will always be vilified by them both. Anyway, let’s get on with the footy and win this flag!!! A premiership or bust, it’s the only way to stick it up em.
I agree. However I have always liked the fact that we are hated, vilified and detested! I have built my football life around Collingwood being the club that everyone else loves to hate
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
First To Twenty
Has liked: 15 times

Post by First To Twenty »

Their hatred makes us stronger...
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Here's details about the flowers, and other things discussed...

Dees skipper Max Gawn expands on teammate’s health, Maynard’s house visit

"...There’s a phenomenal connection between the Maynards and pretty much everyone at the (Melbourne) football club, he said "

"...Asked by host Marty Sheargold if the flowers Maynard brought made it to a vase, Gawn replied: “I put the flowers in a vase ... I got a text later than night from Danielle (Brayshaw’s partner) that I picked the wrong vase.”
“I picked a pink vase, I thought it suited the flowers.” Still tongue-in-cheek, Gawn added he also put the bottle of Penfolds that Maynard brought in a fridge as well."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 13cf692013
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

Ta Take a good to get the exact details.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Piesnchess »

slangman wrote:As much am I pleased with Maynard’s verdict, I think the celebration from a lot of supporters (and Eddie) has been way over the top.
He was cleared at the tribunal which is not a rare occurrence.
Calm down!!!

Welcome back from the Planet Zog, clearly you have not seen all the hysteria, click bait, hate, nasty, posts on social media, and the Murdoch media, MSM, directed too Bruzza, was just appalling, what he copped, it was frankly unheard of, from Goodwin on down, Melb fans now sending death threats to him, just unreal. Yeh, I did bloody celebrate, my damn oath I did. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:

Here's details about the flowers, and other things discussed...

Dees skipper Max Gawn expands on teammate’s health, Maynard’s house visit

"...There’s a phenomenal connection between the Maynards and pretty much everyone at the (Melbourne) football club, he said "

"...Asked by host Marty Sheargold if the flowers Maynard brought made it to a vase, Gawn replied: “I put the flowers in a vase ... I got a text later than night from Danielle (Brayshaw’s partner) that I picked the wrong vase.”
“I picked a pink vase, I thought it suited the flowers.” Still tongue-in-cheek, Gawn added he also put the bottle of Penfolds that Maynard brought in a fridge as well."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 13cf692013
Actual video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCwLXk4V_OU

He discusses Brayden Maynard from 4:05.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange