Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 325 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Appears to me that Grundy has lost the passion for footy, particularly after he secured a big money deal from us back in 2020.

Seems he wants everything on his terms.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

So does our obligation end here?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by David »

As far as I’m aware both we and Melbourne will now be paying out his contract, which is pretty absurd.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Goofy Goodwin might yet be tempted to select him against the Bluescum, hes dumb enough to do just that.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Jezza wrote:^ Appears to me that Grundy has lost the passion for footy, particularly after he secured a big money deal from us back in 2020.

Seems he wants everything on his terms.
Correct, although a lot of Grundy supporters were adamant this was not the case and the suggestion was absurd...
think positive wrote:So does our obligation end here?
You would have thought so, but there has been reports that our deal with Grundy is completely separate to the Melbourne deal which sounds strange so we would still be liable.

However, I know there has been a poster on here claim we were paying him out this year and our obligations would be over, which might make sense if it is a separate deal.
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Meredith1965 wrote:SEN reporting that Grundy won’t be going to Port. They made a football presentation to him, but he was more interested in “work-life balance”.

On $1m per annum, after being declared surplus to requirements at two clubs, I am not sure this would be the focus of a serious person and elite athlete.

I don’t wish him ill, but I am glad he is not with us any more.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/13/ ... certainty/
Yeah, other media also report Swans a "near certainty". Swans may be on tilt after missing out on the players they really wanted (they usually get their men). Tom Barrass, Tom De Koning, Harry Himmelberg all turned them down. (Swans offered TDK 5 years!!)

Port have gone with Jordon Sweet, who's been stuck behind AA ruckman Tim English at WB. Sweet also knows Carr, Port's asst. coach. And Port's main trade focus is Esava R. from Geebung and Zerk-Thatcher from Essendon.

Essendon want Ben McKay from North... but maybe also Todd Goldstein.
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Piesnchess wrote:Goofy Goodwin might yet be tempted to select him against the Bluescum, hes dumb enough to do just that.
Nup... Three ins: James Jordon (for the injured Brayshaw), Adam Tomlinson (for the dropped Hibberd), Charlie Spargo (for the suspended van Rooyen).

Just as predicted/advised by various media. Including Dimwit Dimma last night on Ch. 7's Talking Finals. Dimwit said Melb. should look to go small in their forward line with Spargo and co. Matthew Lloyd was one who wanted Tomlinson in for Hibberd.

Carlton and Melb. played a VFL practice match last week. (Bit strange, huh? But their reserve players need match sim.) Grundy played in the ruck. He's not "working on his forward craft" in the VFL. He's playing as a ruckman. The "forward craft" stuff is just a Melbourne smokescreen to try to keep his trade value up.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

The numpty that coaches them doesn’t have the intestinal fortitude to drop Gawn.

Q: “Is Gawn the best ruckman in the AFL?”
A: “Gawn isn’t even the best ruckman at Melbourne.”

He’s played in 3 losing finals teams in a row. He’s going for a second straight-sets exit and the quadrella.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Grundy will be a Sydney swan very soon, like, we all know that the swannies just have to have a marquee player, to bring in all those fickle chardonnay swans fans, think capper, Lockett, hall, buddy. NOw buddy has gone, they desperately need a big name, and no doubt for some reason, Grundy fits their bill. Oh and they also want Dusty , to give them the daily double.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Culprit
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Culprit »

With Grundy switching to another club does the agreement paying a portion of his salary remain? The initial agreement was with Melbourne, not another club. Who can clarify?
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

We will still pay him is my guess. Effectively he has 2 employers - a full time gig at Melbourne and a part time gig with us.

He’s looking to change his full time job. That has no impact on us, unless his new employer is prepared to cover our portion of the salary.

Why would they?
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Deja Vu wrote:We will still pay him is my guess. Effectively he has 2 employers - a full time gig at Melbourne and a part time gig with us.

He’s looking to change his full time job. That has no impact on us, unless his new employer is prepared to cover our portion of the salary.

Why would they?
You could argue that (a) he is not doing his part time gig (b) he is not working for the employer Collingwood had the agreement with (c) he can’t just change the goalposts as he sees fit, how many more clubs would we have to pay if he keeps changing clubs? That doesn’t make sense to me.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by What'sinaname »

lazzadesilva wrote: You could argue that (a) he is not doing his part time gig (b) he is not working for the employer Collingwood had the agreement with (c) he can’t just change the goalposts as he sees fit, how many more clubs would we have to pay if he keeps changing clubs? That doesn’t make sense to me.
No, it doesn't work that way. He has a contract he signed with us. So he is entitled to that. Sydney will pick up part of that contract, Melbourne some and us the rest.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Pies4shaw wrote:The numpty that coaches them doesn’t have the intestinal fortitude to drop Gawn.

Q: “Is Gawn the best ruckman in the AFL?”
A: “Gawn isn’t even the best ruckman at Melbourne.”

He’s played in 3 losing finals teams in a row. He’s going for a second straight-sets exit and the quadrella.
The old Ringo Starr joke, very funny....he is actually one of the better drummers ever, but by the same token John was one of the bigger See You Next Tuesdays going around.

But I digress; not even I could have foreseen the sad demise of Grundy, this is some sad shite indeed.

I hope dignity holds as little value to him as Premierships
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Piesnchess wrote:Grundy will be a Sydney swan very soon, like, we all know that the swannies just have to have a marquee player, to bring in all those fickle chardonnay swans fans, think capper, Lockett, hall, buddy. NOw buddy has gone, they desperately need a big name, and no doubt for some reason, Grundy fits their bill. Oh and they also want Dusty , to give them the daily double.
He's a bit short of the Marquee status the Swans expect for the big name, and not a forward to boot!

A role player at best. and I suppose the rest of his ill advised contract split across the salary caps of three clubs, like the albatross of yore.
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer