Maynard incident > Maynard rule > Brayshaw retirement

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What do you think Maynard will get when it’s all over?

Two or more weeks and season done
16%
One week – misses the PF but back for the grand final
10%
Nothing – he’ll get off, either by not being cited or on appeal
74%

Total votes: 96

Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by Jezza »

Waiting….waiting…waiting…

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Bucks5 »

I had to laugh when Zito said BM had the alternative of jumping straight up to effect a smother instead of jumping towards the player.

His objective is to smother or touch the ball so of course he will jump towards it (the ball) and close in on the angle of the trajectory. He would have had to jump vertically at least 7 feet to effect a spoil from the point he jumped.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

David wrote:
tbaker wrote:ha ha - keping it entertaining: "Maynard's evidence has concluded. He takes a sip of water. His hair is immaculately gelled."
Reads like actor directions in a film script. :lol:
Wu:

"From what I can see so far, Brayden Maynard, though well groomed and in a club polo, looks far more at ease running back with the flight of the ball than he is in a tribunal setting."
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Brown26 wrote:
Haff wrote:This notion that he jumped and is to blame means that anyone going for a jump and mark is responsible for the outcome. Rayner, sorry mate, good successful mark, 3 weeks for careless conduct.
This might be the end for the afl. In all seriousness.
They won’t think about it in this case, but this is completely the point why Maynard should get off regardless. If you bump, you mean to make contact and if you do it poorly and the player gets hurt, you’re responsible. Same as if you tackle - you mean to make contact and you’re responsible for the outcome. If you execute a smother, no attempt or desire to make contact, and it’s completely accidental you have to be excused. Otherwise the player who kicks the ball, has his kick smothered BUT the defender injures himself, the kicker is liable for the injury. So you can’t kick in football?

This is why he has to get off. He didn’t mean to make contact so the repercussions of said contact are not his responsibility or fault. That is the basic difference between a bump or a tackle. Otherwise Rohan has to go for 4 weeks for concussions Jeremy Cameron. Cause he did it. Full stop. Doesn’t make sense.

- Ben
Really good point and well expressed. The other two you intend to make contact. In a smother your focus is the ball. Put in a call to the defence team right now.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
woodys_world69
Been liked: 32 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

how do u think gleeson and the tribunal feel every week their are taken to appeals court and told they are idiots and didnt do there job properly and get over turned...

lol
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

iF HES SUSPENDED, why the **** cant it be for just one week, one I can live with, but not two, not cos some hotshot bloody lawyer sheila, whose never played a game in her frggin life, put this up and overruled Chrisso aftr she nutted him by the short n curlies. why does it have to be more, one week and thats it. Bugger me Brayshaw was back training today. what the hell does that tell you ????
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lihei
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by lihei »

AFL360. Now it's time for that a*hole Whateley to continue his holier than thou diatribe to see Maynard crucified.
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

David wrote:
robevpau1 wrote:"Ihle (Collingwood): He's jumped off two legs. That's allowed him to jump higher and it slowed his forward momentum without completely removing it."
That seems a fair point to consider: how much forward movement was there from Maynard compared with Brayshaw? Who's actually moving faster during the collision?
Must be Brayshaw.

Simply 'cos you lose speed being airborne.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

its taking a while
a good sign ?
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

lihei wrote:AFL360. Now it's time for that a*hole Whateley to continue his holier than thou diatribe to see Maynard crucified.
That isn’t my read of GW.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Pi

Post by Pi »

oh no, the lawyers are talking about lanes ; we are screwed
Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
lihei
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by lihei »

Haff wrote:
lihei wrote:AFL360. Now it's time for that a*hole Whateley to continue his holier than thou diatribe to see Maynard crucified.
Listen to SEN at all?
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

lihei wrote:
Haff wrote:
Listen to SEN at all?
TBH I’ve been on a family holiday all week in ql so haven’t really been doing the media rounds.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Thanks K. Kills some time.

If you’d have told me a few weeks ago I’d be reading the bio of a KC I’d have thought that I must be in deep sh1T (or one of my kids more likely).
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Nice of the tribunal to time it for 360 and prime time. ;)