Maynard incident > Maynard rule > Brayshaw retirement

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What do you think Maynard will get when it’s all over?

Two or more weeks and season done
16%
One week – misses the PF but back for the grand final
10%
Nothing – he’ll get off, either by not being cited or on appeal
74%

Total votes: 96

What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

warburton lad wrote:If the Pies win the flag without Brayden Maynard, no one will forget Laura Kane AFL who directly intervened to send this to the Tribunal.

If the Pies don't win the flag without Brayden Maynard no one will ever forget Laura Kane's direct intervention on this matter.

Why have an MRO if the AFL can override/intervene anyways... Christian must be considering handing the keys to his office back...
Would anyone argue if a manager intervened on the decision of an employee?
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by shawthing »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Unprecedented intervention by Laura Kane. Well well well
Let me guess. Laura Kane who knows nothing about playing real football must be a lawyer.

I tell you this game will be a non-contact sport within two years because everyone is afraid of litigation. Lawyers are the cancer of society. I hate them!
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

The AFL is just so determined to stop us winning a flag. We battle against the odds every single time. You watch them try to get a flag for Carlton now.
Last edited by shawthing on Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

To the Collingwood legal team:

One argument is that Maynard is left handed. If he was intent on hitting Brayshaw, he would have instinctively turned to lead with his left (DOMINANT) shoulder.

He in fact turned the opposite way, which is what you would do to be defensive, not offensive, i.e. to protect your dominant side.

Maynard turned to the right to protect himself and limit the impact.
Last edited by What'sinaname on Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 32 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

wait so it was sent to the tribunal ungraded wasnt it?
the articles are stating they graded it AND sent it to tribunal
if they were able to grade it then let it fall within the criteria...

wtf is going on in this league?
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 58 times

Post by warburton lad »

What'sinaname wrote:
warburton lad wrote:If the Pies win the flag without Brayden Maynard, no one will forget Laura Kane AFL who directly intervened to send this to the Tribunal.

If the Pies don't win the flag without Brayden Maynard no one will ever forget Laura Kane's direct intervention on this matter.

Why have an MRO if the AFL can override/intervene anyways... Christian must be considering handing the keys to his office back...
Would anyone argue if a manager intervened on the decision of an employee?
Not necessarily- but if I were the employee of some standing and I were overruled- I would consider walking. More than that, I have done this over the journey.

Her intervention will be overruled by the Tribunal- Maynard walks, or the Pies go to the Appeals board then the Supreme Court.

He plays in the Prelim
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

woodys_world69 wrote:
It's amateur hour. BTW did everyone see Gillon McLaughlin absolutely pissed at the AA Awards? Typical of this bush league. They destroy everything they get their hands on from the VFA to the VFL. Now they will destroy Australian Football itself. **** the lot of them. I spit on their graves.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Unprecedented intervention by Laura Kane. Well well well
Let me guess. Laura Kane who knows nothing about playing real football must be a lawyer.

I tell you this game will be a non-contact sport within two years because everyone is afraid of litigation. Lawyers are the cancer of society. I hate them!

Well, she sure as heck de nutted ol Chrisso, really got him by the short n curlies, and he shat his daks, so it seems. She has never played a game in her life, but meh, that makes NO diffence these days, hey. :o :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

What the hell, there is no way it should go any further. What a waste of tax payers money and Maynard should sue for slander of character.
If he gets suspended I dont know what Ill do but it wont be nice!!
Surely common sense will prevail and these lawyers should stop turning this into a circus...Fu@$ this red tape, it only lines Lauras pockets!!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Ok where can we take this decision?!

NACC: The National Anti-Corruption Commission
https://www.nacc.gov.au/

IBAC: The Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission
https://www.ibac.vic.gov.au/

Court of Arbitration for Sport
https://www.tas-cas.org/

High Court of Australia
https://www.hcourt.gov.au/

Privy Council of the United Kingdom
https://privycouncil.independent.gov.uk/

Get Mason Cox on the phone to the White House!!!
https://www.whitehouse.gov/
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Can we stop playing the victim? MC graded it as careless. From there it was always going to the tribunal. Laura Kanes grading is irrelevant.

Long way to go now. Reckon we’re ok. Precedence to go on. Clearly a football act. Our damn president is a lawyer. We’ll be ok and Bruzz will be playing.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Haff wrote:Can we stop playing the victim? MC graded it as careless. From there it was always going to the tribunal. Laura Kanes grading is irrelevant.

Long way to go now. Reckon we’re ok. Precedence to go on. Clearly a football act. Our damn president is a lawyer. We’ll be ok and Bruzz will be playing.
When will you wake up, Laura Kane intervened because MC didn’t think it was a reportable offence.

Go back through the MRO findings and find any other offence which Laura Kane is listed as the person who has laid the charge, go on, I’ll wait…
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

woodys_world69 wrote:wait so it was sent to the tribunal ungraded wasnt it?
the articles are stating they graded it AND sent it to tribunal
if they were able to grade it then let it fall within the criteria...

No, it was graded but anything that graded as severe impact and high contact is automatically sent to the tribunal with a minimum 3 week suspension attached, but there is no set penalty to accept.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

eddiesmith wrote:
Haff wrote:Can we stop playing the victim? MC graded it as careless. From there it was always going to the tribunal. Laura Kanes grading is irrelevant.

When will you wake up, Laura Kane intervened because MC didn’t think it was a reportable offence.

Go back through the MRO findings and find any other offence which Laura Kane is listed as the person who has laid the charge, go on, I’ll wait…
Where did it say that is what happened? I can’t find any mention of her swaying or over ruling. All I can see is that she graded it the same way as MC.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 32 times

Post by woodys_world69 »