Maynard incident > Maynard rule > Brayshaw retirement

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What do you think Maynard will get when it’s all over?

Two or more weeks and season done
16%
One week – misses the PF but back for the grand final
10%
Nothing – he’ll get off, either by not being cited or on appeal
74%

Total votes: 96

Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

What'sinaname wrote:I reckon the ultimate outcome will be 3 matches that we wont be successful at arguing down.

If Maynard put his arms down to protect himself, he would be fine. But he turned which is the bit that'll be his undoing.
We have to argue it wasn’t careless and he merely turned to protect himself, the act was a football act. You shouldn’t get rubbed out for it.
I’m slightly the other way. Gets the 3 because spineless MC (though I would want any other job tonight) and we’ll argue it to a football act.
But really, who the %$^ knows.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

Haff wrote:3 outcomes.
1. Football act and free to play.
2. Careless, high contact, severe impact, 3 weeks and we appeal.
3. MC says “Nup” and refers directly to the tribunal with no penalty.

I’m glass half empty as we know so I think it will be number 2. I don’t agree, I don’t think it was careless which will be the whole argument. That’s just how I think it will play out.

Should be out soon shouldn’t it?
I don’t know if option 2 exists. I think punishments with 3+ automatically go to the tribunal don’t they? Anything that is “high” and “severe” automatically gets referred.

We’ll be at the tribunal for sure.

This will have nothing to do with Michael Christian - way over his head. Also don’t think arguing it’s not careless works - need to go with the argument that it’s a football action and therefore not even a reportable case and the whole charge gets thrown out.
Last edited by piffdog on Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

eddiesmith wrote:So the AFLs new footy boss who has never played the game has sent Maynard to the tribunal, overruling the allegedly independent MRO who has actually played the game.

Laura will make sure she’s a household name by the end of the month…
What a damn joke the AFL is. RIP footy.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Piesnchess »

lazzadesilva wrote:I reckon you are spot on Eddiesmith. The AFL must be up to their necks in this to get Bruz suspended. I think they too hate us just like all the others.

AFL is corrupt, has been for many many years. fact. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff

Post by Haff »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:So the AFLs new footy boss who has never played the game has sent Maynard to the tribunal, overruling the allegedly independent MRO who has actually played the game.

Laura will make sure she’s a household name by the end of the month…
What a $$%^%%$ joke the AFL is. RIP footy.
What does the afl intervened? If the MRO said it was a footy act and they said no we don’t accept that?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

A now a ruckman can’t jump at the other ruck in case they knock over a midfielder?
eddiesmith
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Haff wrote:What does the afl intervened? If the MRO said it was a footy act and they said no we don’t accept that?
Laura Kane has charged Maynard because the look is more important to the AFL than the rules
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

^

Her career is more important, more like. She would have got messages “this is your chance to make a mark for yourself. You go girl!”
piffdog
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

Please - do a little bit of research folks. Have a look at the matrix they use. Anything rated as severe contact, to the head goes to the tribunal. They’ve graded it severe because he went off on a stretcher and was concussed so must have hit him in the head. Ipso facto direct to the tribunal. It’s not a conspiracy.

This is out of Chrisso’s hands, and actually has stuff all to do with the individuals administering the league.

The people we need to worry about are the appeals board - which we might need by about Wednesday next week. That will also be out of the AFLs hands (how many times has a club and a slick barrister beaten the league in a courtroom? Answer: lots)

Strap in - this will drag on and we may well be in court late next week.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Haff

Post by Haff »

eddiesmith wrote: Laura Kane has charged Maynard because the look is more important to the AFL than the rules
She took it out of MC hands or she over ruled his assessment?
Haff

Post by Haff »

piffdog wrote:Please - do a little bit of research folks. Have a look at the matrix they use. Anything rated as severe contact, to the head goes to the tribunal. They’ve graded it severe because he went off on a stretcher and was concussed so must have hit him in the head. Ipso facto direct to the tribunal. It’s not a conspiracy.

This is out of Chrisso’s hands, and actually has stuff all to do with the individuals administering the league.

The people we need to worry about are the appeals board - which we might need by about Wednesday next week. That will also be out of the AFLs hands (how many times has a club and a slick barrister beaten the league in a courtroom? Answer: lots)

Yeah I agree, I thought severe contact intensional went straight there, not in intentional?

I just want to know what “the afl intervened” means.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

What the actual %#%£ is this!
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1026111/mat ... lision/amp

The Match Review Officer and executive general manager of football Laura Kane graded the incident as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact, drawing a minimum three-match ban and means Maynard's season could be over.
Last edited by stoliboy on Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Haff

Post by Haff »

stoliboy wrote:What the actual %#%£ is this!

The Match Review Officer graded the incident as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact, drawing a minimum three-match ban and means Maynard's season could be over.
Exactly what I said would happen? Well, I have it the highest chance.
It was never going to be anything else really.
What I don’t understand is what does Laura Kane have to do with it?
eddiesmith
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

piffdog wrote:Please - do a little bit of research folks. Have a look at the matrix they use. Anything rated as severe contact, to the head goes to the tribunal. They’ve graded it severe because he went off on a stretcher and was concussed so must have hit him in the head. Ipso facto direct to the tribunal. It’s not a conspiracy.

Sounds more like Christian ruled it a football accident, as every ex player has said today, but the AFL has stepped in and charged him.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

stoliboy wrote:What the actual %#%£ is this!

The Match Review Officer graded the incident as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact, drawing a minimum three-match ban and means Maynard's season could be over.
Correction, it says the MRO and Laura Kane graded it.