2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

burnsy17 wrote:There has to be a better way.
This is all on that bug-eyed arrogant narcissistic ****@rd Mclaughlin.

Most useless gaslighting bullshit artist the AFL has ever had in charge; but not by much - that queue runs deep.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

ANNODAM wrote:I despise the way the AFL sells Finals tickets.

I particularly hate the way AFL Gold members are allowed access to tickets, especially if their team is not playing.

First & foremost, tickets should be sold by your membership status.
You have an hour (for eg.) to buy your ticket in an allocated time slot, you don’t buy it, bad luck.

So let’s say the top tier Members get 9-10 & so on & so forth with the General Public getting what’s left over.

AFL Members Gold participating teams first & then Silver etc., etc., & then everyone else gets the left overs.

MCC should be the same, participating team Members first & everyone else gets the left overs.

I really don’t see the benefit of a RICH AFL Gold member being allowed access to a ticket.
If you’re an AFL Gold Member & has missed out on a ticket, or got a shitty seat, blame the RICH dude or the NM old bag because they’re the ones that have snagged those seats.

I would never take another persons seat, first of all, if my team isn’t playing, I have no business taking a seat away from some poor dude really wanting to watch their team play live.
And secondly, karma works funny like that, if you do it to others, it sure as hell gonna happen to you!

And speaking of events being held at a ridiculous time, our Club decides to hold Presentation Night on PF night, I can’t commit to that bullshit because we might be playing that night.
Yes, this is right all the way through. Tickets should be allocated to participating club members first, preferably based on the electronic records of how many games they attended through the year. Reward the passionate fans who do the freezing wet nights in July, and freeze out the theatregoers.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

When I was young our whole family used to queue up outside Vic Park fover night to get finals tix. It was actually a great adventure, and we got to meet lots of other passionate Pies supporters. Twiggy Dunne sold us the tix at the counter inside the Club headquarters. Great memories.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:When I was young our whole family used to queue up outside Vic Park fover night to get finals tix. It was actually a great adventure, and we got to meet lots of other passionate Pies supporters. Twiggy Dunne sold us the tix at the counter inside the Club headquarters. Great memories.
Did that once, at one ofthe three losses I attended early 80,s , it was fun
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

David wrote:
think positive wrote:Unaustralian! My daughters school where she iisthe PE teacher has the grade 3-6 concert that night. Her and another teacher both have tickets. They were told to call in sick but the were both honest and the head master is being a real bitch! You knew the concert was on, you should have arranged your social life around it! Well honey I don’t think they will reschedule the game for a grade 3-6 concert, not at a public school anyway!

No way she will miss the game!
She should do what I would do and just covertly watch the game on her phone during the concert. :lol:
no she should do exactly what she’s doing, coming to the game with me!

She has attended graduations she didn’t have to, always does more than her fair share for the carnivals they have, it’s a grade three to 6, why should she have to be there? She teaches PE she’s not a home room teacher.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Finals are run for the media filth, celebrities, corporate scum, etc. No different to Anzac Day where the aforementioned are always given the best seats and Veterans miss out altogether. The gutless modern RSL are conspicuously silent on this issue as usual. So those thinking that loyal Club members will be looked after during finals, I am happy to sell you crypto currency shares in the Sydney Harbour Bridge . Happy finals lol
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Correct
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Anyone got good seats.

Like really good ones.

All ive heard is that members got dudded.
aus50ford
Been liked: 2 times

Post by aus50ford »

90 nice wrote:Anyone got good seats.

Like really good ones.

I'm just a GA 10 home game member, I was able to get Q36 row E (x3)
I happy with that however ....

I feel for other higher up members that the corrupt, leach sucking AFL only care about the next corporate, ar** kissing free-be that they want be involved in ...
I don't have a snappy catch phrase
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Like really good ones.

Where are you sitting?
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Like really good ones.

mate of mine has GWS AFL membership (don't ask)
he has a prime seat, level 3

I am in the bleachers of course. top deck row W
think positive

Post by think positive »

Oh yuck mate

Jezza has a great seat,

We are M33 where we like to be, I’d just prefer to be closer to the fence, not 33 rows back, I want my seat, row 5, so I guess it depends how u look at it!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Anyone got right on the boundry fence,

Like row A.
Hiss
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

It’s officially a sell out! But like this usual media spin, there will be plenty of vacant seats on the night. Saying it’s a sell out allows the corporate package merchants to raise the price of their offerings on the pretence demand exceeds supply. Hurry hurry hurry as Gerry would say. Induce panic and impulse in consumer behaviour and you can charge what you like.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Got an email for tickets for the saints game, $35!