2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

blybo wrote:
think positive wrote:
blybo wrote: We have 100k members, should we double the capacity of the MCG so everyone gets a seat?

Being Thursday night I didn't even try to get tickets. My wife and youngest daughter are both Melbourne members too, but my wife is working till at least 7pm. So even if she finishes on time, she won't even get to see the start as it's a 30-40min commute.
Unaustralian! My daughters school where she iisthe PE teacher has the grade 3-6 concert that night. Her and another teacher both have tickets. They were told to call in sick but the were both honest and the head master is being a real bitch! You knew the concert was on, you should have arranged your social life around it! Well honey I don’t think they will reschedule the game for a grade 3-6 concert, not at a public school anyway!

No way she will miss the game!
Well my wife runs her own business as do I, and work comes first for both of us, as it should for your daughter too. The principal is not being a bitch. Your duaghter knew only too well teaching involves lots of out of school hours. I bet she doesn't complain about 12 weeks holiday per year though! Swings and roundabouts.
My daughter has gone well above what us expected of her, the kids adore her, she is literally changing lives, it’s a 3-6 concert, not a sporting event.

We once went to the church wedding but not the reception due to a final. No regrets or ducks given,

We also have outwit business, but it’s no longer coming first, work to live, not live to work. Teachers don’t really get 12 weeks holidays, they spend a good part of it, or at least she does, planning and organising. All the HM has done us ensure that next time, she will get lied to.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

90 nice wrote:exactly.

keep it consistent as well.

you rock up week in week out in the same seat all year only to be shafted come finals.

stinks of greed and guess what you paid for the seats as well.

another example of been taken advantage of by the afl.

its ok there yours in the early rounds but we will take them off you come september.
exactly this
think positive

Post by think positive »

blybo wrote:
think positive wrote:Personally, i have a long held belief that those of us with reserved seats each week should get first option to buy that seat for each of the finals, YES including the grand final.

why should someone who doesn't turn up, or pay for a seat every game get a better seat than me at the finals? there is also the camaraderie of the people around us week after week.

they can charge what they want, I will pay it.

we should get a window, if you dont pay in that window your seat is fair game.
But you are fighting a member of the opposing team for that seat if playing a co-tennant like next week. I was in your position in the early naughties but there weren't so many members of any side then, so much harder today. Plus we were regularly playing interstate sides in the finals with Syd, Adel, PA, WC and Bris all strong around that time.

With young teenage kids sport and work, I just buy a flexi 10 membership now, but only go to 3-4 matches a year
Incorrect, the other team get their weekly reserved seats as with any other game.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:
90 nice wrote:Did anyone actually get good seats.

All i have heard is that the seats they got at least they got them are terrible and like got ripped off badly.

I know alot of loyal and long standing members of collingwood missed out of tickets all together.

These are the ones the AFL forget the fans and supporters that go week to week and always turn up. In which provide alot of the profits the AFL get.

But who got good seats and happy with what they got.
I purchased a great seat. Couldn’t be happier as a Legends member.

Maybe I have the benefit of sitting on my own, so I don’t have the added pressure of finding multiple seats in the same spot.
Yes I wish now I had just got our 2, but I was nice and got 2 for friends who could not get their own.
think positive

Post by think positive »

burnsy17 wrote:20+ year Legends member…. Got a shit seat bottom level pocket of the southern. Picked best available logged in from 10am

Logged in at 3pm again yesterday when general public when on sale and got a better seat, albeit on level 4.

There has to be a better way.
100% agree, it’s just ridiculously bad, especially for what they charge
think positive

Post by think positive »

Dark Beanie wrote:You need to try picking your preferred bay rather than Best available.

We sit in Q36 for H&A games, so I choose that bay as first option as we know what the seats are like and prefer sitting higher up.

I have 7 tickets to purchase and yesterday got seats in Q36 in the row behind our usual spot.
Yes but you have to get to the page, I picked a bay at our end it gave me M6, luckily my phone got through, I picked a different bay at our end and got M34, but EE when we are usually F and G.

My money is good enough for that seat all year, but not for finals, someone with lesser commitment has probably got my seat.

Easier on your level, it’s not as in demand.
think positive

Post by think positive »

There are members who got standing only, go to big footy. It’s just plain wrong. I’m not being entitled or selfish, I just don’t get why corporates get better seats, I’m happy to pay what they pay, just allow me first option on my usual seat please.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

1eyedpie wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:You need to try picking your preferred bay rather than Best available.

We sit in Q36 for H&A games, so I choose that bay as first option as we know what the seats are like and prefer sitting higher up.

I have 7 tickets to purchase and yesterday got seats in Q36 in the row behind our usual spot.
I may have missed something DB but how do you choose what bay you would like to sit in?

BTW I ended up with Q36 row H so we’ll have the same ish view
After you select Collingwood member, the MCG map will show the available bays. Click on the bay and it should then show the ticket level and you go from there.

With a game b/w 2 Melbourne clubs it does prove a bit easier to go for Q bays but depends on what you prefer.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Arch@M32
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Arch@M32 »

stui magpie wrote:I'll have a great seat in the public bar at the Hotel Darwin.
I've watched every recent game at Shenanigans but I'm coming to join you at the Darwin.
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

I was overseas so set the alarm for 2am … took about 15 minutes to get in. I selected my bay but was was offered other bays and I rejected those. Then I was offered N52 which I bought.
It is nerve wracking rejecting seats … will all the seats be gone, will Ticketek time you out
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I despise the way the AFL sells Finals tickets.

I particularly hate the way AFL Gold members are allowed access to tickets, especially if their team is not playing.

First & foremost, tickets should be sold by your membership status.
You have an hour (for eg.) to buy your ticket in an allocated time slot, you don’t buy it, bad luck.

So let’s say the top tier Members get 9-10 & so on & so forth with the General Public getting what’s left over.

AFL Members Gold participating teams first & then Silver etc., etc., & then everyone else gets the left overs.

MCC should be the same, participating team Members first & everyone else gets the left overs.

I really don’t see the benefit of a RICH AFL Gold member being allowed access to a ticket.
If you’re an AFL Gold Member & has missed out on a ticket, or got a shitty seat, blame the RICH dude or the NM old bag because they’re the ones that have snagged those seats.

I would never take another persons seat, first of all, if my team isn’t playing, I have no business taking a seat away from some poor dude really wanting to watch their team play live.
And secondly, karma works funny like that, if you do it to others, it sure as hell gonna happen to you!

And speaking of events being held at a ridiculous time, our Club decides to hold Presentation Night on PF night, I can’t commit to that bullshit because we might be playing that night.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

burnsy17 wrote:20+ year Legends member…. Got a shit seat bottom level pocket of the southern. Picked best available logged in from 10am

Logged in at 3pm again yesterday when general public when on sale and got a better seat, albeit on level 4.

There has to be a better way.
Hey Burnsey, same experience. Logged in line with the instructions, so onloine jusu before 10am on Tuesday. I couldnt get any Category 1 seats, as there were no 3 seats toegther, had to go to category 2 and the only options that came up wete bottom level Sth Stand although at around half forward. Its not entirely bad, but no realistic choice when looking this time around.
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by stui magpie »

Arch@M32 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:I'll have a great seat in the public bar at the Hotel Darwin.
I've watched every recent game at Shenanigans but I'm coming to join you at the Darwin.
Come over and say G'Day. I'll be the tall skinny bloke with gray hair wearing a Pies Polo sitting with an 84 year old woman. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Hurricane
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Hurricane »

Dark Beanie wrote:
1eyedpie wrote:

I may have missed something DB but how do you choose what bay you would like to sit in?

BTW I ended up with Q36 row H so we’ll have the same ish view
After you select Collingwood member, the MCG map will show the available bays. Click on the bay and it should then show the ticket level and you go from there.

With a game b/w 2 Melbourne clubs it does prove a bit easier to go for Q bays but depends on what you prefer.
I usually select by bay and get great seats. When I was finally allowed in, it showed me some bays available on level 2 but there were no level 2 left. It just offered random areas. It didn’t work this time. It’s easy to get Q as most people don’t want Q. I sure don’t, it’s too far away. When you’re used to Level 2 it’s hard to go back to the crappy seats. I finally got level 2 but had to split my group up and sit on my own. And I was lucky to get that as a minute later when I went to get other people tickets as singles, there was only Q left. Legends members were supposed to get access to premium seats.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

think positive wrote:Unaustralian! My daughters school where she iisthe PE teacher has the grade 3-6 concert that night. Her and another teacher both have tickets. They were told to call in sick but the were both honest and the head master is being a real bitch! You knew the concert was on, you should have arranged your social life around it! Well honey I don’t think they will reschedule the game for a grade 3-6 concert, not at a public school anyway!

No way she will miss the game!
She should do what I would do and just covertly watch the game on her phone during the concert. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange