Treatment of Nick Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
As I said earlier, my criticism is actually directed at our other midfielders for not regularly smashing his tagger out of the way. Maynard seems to be the only one who understands what is required, and he's not a midfielder. Adams, De Goey, Crisp and even Pendles need to step up and show some mongrel . Do that and our opponents will soon be 2nd guessing themselves and will begin taking their eyes off Nick.
Absolutely!!! :x
I agree, but we’d get pinged and give away free kicks or get reported.
I meant playing tough within the rules of the game. I get it that cheating umpires (yes, they come from the same society as the cheats that exist) will give the opposition rubbish frees but we get them given now in every single game so nothing will change). As for reporting, the MRC or the tribunal can deal with that. But we can’t play conditional football depending on the umpires. If we are to save this season from potential disaster, we must play tough footy.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
woodys_world69
Been liked: 31 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Name one other young player this year getting the shit Nick has copped. Name one.
jason-horne-francis
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Your support for Britney Spears was brave, but I don't think your Leave Nick alone campaign is having the same impact.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:Surely you're joking QM67.

Footy is a physically demanding contact sport, which demands toughness by all players. Of course Nick Daicos has been attracting physical attention from opponents, especially taggers. That's part of the game. As I said earlier, my criticism is actually directed at our other midfielders for not regularly smashing his tagger out of the way. Maynard seems to be the only one who understands what is required, and he's not a midfielder. Adams, De Goey, Crisp and even Pendles need to step up and show some mongrel around the packs. Do that and our opponents will soon be 2nd guessing themselves and will begin taking their eyes off Nick.
Y s but then they get suspended
Let’s see what happens this week if sloppy second in the Brownlow bont gets the broken leg treatment from the hawks, or their young goal kicker or lib a, there will be an uproar!
No problem with tagging, big problem with down right thuggery
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

Selwood
Bontipelli
Buddy

All have or had their way of playing for frees, all protected and lauded

We have potentially the GOAT in our hands and he’s bagged and bashed from pillar to post

Why?
I’ll tell you why
It’s black and white, literally
I’ve never wanted an advantage, just an even playing field, given that we gave at least 2 more premierships, probably 3, just in my lifetime.
Give Nick a fair go, they broke his (*&^%^& leg! And nothing!

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
blybo

Post by blybo »

lazzadesilva wrote:
blybo wrote:I believe Nick's incredible start to his career, and obvious self confidence has gotten some senior players off side at times. I've heard a few players interviewed where they say he better learn how to deal with a tag, rather than flying the flag for him and help him out. Adams comes to mind in particular and I reckon I've seen him not give the handball to Nick running past even though a good option.
Okay I’ll bite. Could you please provide solid evidence for this claim? Otherwise it sounds like the crap opposition fans dribble with made up rubbish and I stopped being gullible years ago. Also don’t you get that this is a bad reflection on Craig McRae’s coaching that he allows this “attitude” to happen on the field? Surely he has more control than that? Nah, it stinks of rubbish.
Whilst I don't feel obliged to "give evidence" to support my own belief, watch Tay's half time interview from the Hawthorn match. It's subtle but I've been aware of it for some time. Players are human and can get their noses out of joint when a wunderkind arrives and they are not centre of attention anymore. I felt bad for Howie on 360 last night and all the other players as when they are interviewed by the 2nd or 3rd question it is about Naicos, not themselves, must get tiresome.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

think positive wrote:^
I'm not suggesting anything illegal, just physical pressure bumping the tagger, by smashing body on body, at every opportunity. FFS, it aint rocket science.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by shawthing »

There's some really unhinged stuff in this thread.

FFS it's a man's sport, Nick will be fine when he grows into his man's body. If the supporters can't harden up then no chance our players. You do realise people from other clubs read this stuff - like Talking Carlton actually.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

OG Daicos is 100% right. AFL, umpires, AFLPA have been
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

shawthing wrote:There's some really unhinged stuff in this thread.

FFS it's a man's sport, Nick will be fine when he grows into his man's body. If the supporters can't harden up then no chance our players. You do realise people from other clubs read this stuff - like Talking Carlton actually.
The unhinged stuff is validating thuggish behavior's.

Nick will be alright but some kid is going to be seriously hurt because the AFL is sanctioning this type of shite against young men with bodies that are still not properly developed.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

SCANS have confirmed Hawthorn key defender James Blanck has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and is set to miss the entire 2024 season.
This is the player that hurt Nick's knee.
He turned his body to meet Nick when he could have avoided him (obviously the team was under instructions). No report.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Magpie Russ
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

I am not a vindictive person... actually maybe I am...
I watched the replay over and over... got his number and screenshot his bio...
Life. Get. Must.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Made me laugh