Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

There's a bit of Ginnivan talk with his manager, John Meesen, on the Gettable podcast.

Meesen doesn't seem bothered by Jack being in the VFL. Says messaging from Collingwood is clear. Says Jack loves Collingwood. (Of course, he's not gonna say his player hates his club!)

https://www.afl.com.au/video/975567/get ... 9141241001
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

'It's good to be in the same team as him': Ginnivan
Hear from Jack Ginnivan after Collingwood's eight-point victory against Geelong.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/ ... 1762499001
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Now hear this, IF, and I say, IF we win the Premiership, Jack Ginnivan will be part of that side, make NO mistake, he sets goals up, assists, does the small team things too, and Bobby Hill adores him, they are a brilliant tag team.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
nomadjack
Been liked: 1 time

Post by nomadjack »

Great to see him back. Is it just me or was there a noticeable lift in hardness at the contest and work-rate without the ball? If so, the time spent in the twos was a solid long-term investment for him and the team.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The kid is a winner. He is our best and most instinctive crumbing forward. He always gets to the right spots and is a fabulous decision-maker with the ball. He'll have some quiet games, as do all small forwards, but he NEVER gets overawed by the occasion, and in fact, seems to revel in the pressure of big games.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

^ I agree Rude.
He was born to play in a GF.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

It's such a pleasure to see him back in the best 22
I too agree, he is such a spark... and a thorn in the opposition.

Fly said he brings energy to the side.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

No matter what you say about his fitness he is always in the best spot when the ball is I50 and reads it better than anyone else on our list. Showed how selfless he was when he basically gave 3 goals away last night. He is the type of footballer that no matter what he does at VFL level he just steps up on the big occasion. Must play in September.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Ginnivan in. Love him. Crowd loves him. He has learnt some stuff playing VFL and must play.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by stui magpie »

Love the kid. I see Fly said that he's been the best trainer at the club for the past few months, he just needed him to tick some boxes in the VFL to get back in otherwise he'd be rewarding last years form.

He is infectious and, as others have said, he just gets in the right position. His legs might not be too fast but his brain is. natural instinctive footballer, we haven't been the same while he's been out of the team. If we're going to win the flag he has to be a part of it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

He was great last night. All heart , the time in the VFL has developed him a lot.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

I'd love to see him on the wing - see how his footy smarts go there. I reckon he might be able to get on the end of a few and set a few up, though his fitness is an issue I agree.

- Ben
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Jezza »

Fantastic return. As Fly mentioned in his presser, he provided that spark and energy that we've been lacking for the last few weeks.

I noticed he seemed more selfless than he was usually. Maybe his recent experience in the VFL has humbled the lad somewhat.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

The thing I really love about him is not only does he never stop harassing, but here is a small forward who’s been out for a while and yet still continued to do the team thing and pass off. He could have kicked 2-3 and anyone else in his position would have but he kept giving it to others.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

DT wrote:Ginnivan in. Love him. Crowd loves him.
Ummm……………Coll crowds live him but not the opp fans so much.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️