Injury Tracker 2023

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Injury Update: Round 17

Post by LaurieHolden »

Key forward Brody Mihocek has experienced hamstring tightness and will miss this week’s Round 17 match against the Bulldogs. The Club will provide a further update next week.

Brayden Maynard had an incident with his shoulder and a bump to his knee during the side’s Round 16 match against the Gold Coast Suns on Saturday. Maynard’s knee is okay, but his shoulder will be monitored throughout the week. He will be assessed later in the week to determine his availability.

Dynamic forward Nathan Kreuger has entered the AFL concussion protocols following an incident in the VFL on the weekend. The Club will provide an update next week on his time frame to return to the game.

Dan McStay was close to a return through the VFL on the weekend but unfortunately came down with illness on Friday night. McStay missed the first few days of training this week but if he completes a full session on Wednesday, he is expected to be available for selection at some level this weekend.

Veteran midfielder Steele Sidebottom has put in a power of work over the last two weeks through his running program. Sidebottom will commence football skill drills and non-contact training. Sidebottom is expected to complete full training next week and look to be available for selection.

Finally, Charlie Dean has entered a de-load period for the next 10 days before resuming a greater training load when he returns.

768 total games experience currently on injury list ~

Sidebottom 300 (15 seasons) avg. 20.0 games per season ~ 61.33% w/l ratio
Maynard 176 (9 seasons) avg. 19.56 games per season ~ 53.41% w/l ratio
McStay 166 (10 seasons) avg. 16.60 games per season ~ 49.40% w/l ratio
Mihocek 117 (6 seasons) avg. 19.50 games per season ~ 61.10% w/l ratio
Kruger 9 (3 seasons) avg 16.60 games per season ~ 55.56% w/l ratio

Charlie Dean 0 (1 season)

Source :
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... e-round-17
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Greatly appreciated LH.
mattdally
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mattdally »

Maynard has just been ruled out with the shoulder.
derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

mattdally wrote:Maynard has just been ruled out with the shoulder.

Not a huge surprise
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

My hope is we get very little (better none) more injuries and current ones come good
Giving us every player possible to be cherry ripe for finals
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

warburton lad wrote:I think that Kreuger looked concussed.

This may sound bizarre, but he needs to be trained to fall to the ground in such a way that he protects himself better.

The laws of Physics of an object that weighs over 100 kgs hitting the ground from six feet in the air at an awkward angle are not in his favour.

He has actually played five games in a row without injury, until yesterday's mishap.
Imagine Kreuger after 10 beers he would be a human hazard.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Krueger needs to temper his kamikaze attack on the ball and trying to go for huge pack marks. Sometimes he tries too hard.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
What'sinaname
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Hoskin-Elliot with a broken hand. Surgury this week and expected to miss 4 weeks.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
K
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

How/when did WHE break his hand?

I saw nothing. Then I saw Bianco running around early and knew something had gone wrong.
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pies2016 »

K wrote:How/when did WHE break his hand?

I saw nothing. Then I saw Bianco running around early and knew something had gone wrong.
Just did it in a tackle close to half time right in front of our bench , so no one saw it as out of the ordinary when he came straight off.
K
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Thanks, P16.

That's bad luck, but could be worse.
derkd
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

This (as terrible as the injury is for W.H.E) could.be good news for the team, gives the club a chance to play someone else in his role, would love to see Mcrae given a shot at his role. I am aware we have a few to fit back into the side ...Sidebottom, Mcstay (I think he needs to earn his spot).
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 115 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Hold the phone
Sidey went for Scans on knee today
He pulled up sore and swollen after running and doing agility and sideways movement drills on Saturday as part of his rehab program
It may be precautionary and could just be he’s worked hard passt 10 days trying to miles in his legs
If the swelling remains for more than a day or 2 he will definitely miss a minimum of another week maybe 2 to err in the safe side
Horatio Fin
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Horatio Fin »

^^^
Since I see nothing on the official site, I'd like to ask you this. :wink:
What'sinaname
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Checkers will miss this week.

And given it's a hammy, I expect him to miss 2 more games after this week.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.