Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ did you watch the whole game or just the 10 second video on social media?
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
aus50ford
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by aus50ford »

Mr Miyagi wrote:For the record : I’m not part of the protest and I’m not supporting it. I think it’s bad timing and there are much better, more effective ways to get the point across. I’m just reporting on it and also highlighting how the media is part of the problem in how they frame Ginni getting his head ripped off.
and the F'n Hearldsun said - Ginni drove his elbow into the frankston rats head as they fell down
I don't have a snappy catch phrase
David
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

What'sinaname wrote:^ did you watch the whole game or just the 10 second video on social media?
Nah I’m a rare breed that doesn’t use Social Media that much. On the rare occasions that I do, I don’t spend much time on it.
I watched the entire game, hence my utter frustration with the disparity of the way it was officiated compared to what Ginny cops from maggots. I’m certain Wightman received frees for high contact that Ginny wouldn’t get.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

And not just Ginnivan, lazza. We saw how it had a domino effect with the way the umps treated Ash J and Bobby Hill when they had their heads ripped off.
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Jezza wrote:It's cringeworthy to hear people suggest a protest.

Ginnivan's got enough worries without this sideshow distracting him.
McFly doesn't like it either.

But most cringeworthy was the vid of Ash Johnson showboating and getting pantsed... And suddenly he's back in the seniors. :shock:
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Such a beat up.

People make some comments on Facebook and suddenly its a story. Pfft.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

K wrote: But most cringeworthy was the vid of Ash Johnson showboating and getting pantsed... And suddenly he's back in the seniors. :shock:
At least we know it wasn’t Murphy who dacked him
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

lazzadesilva wrote:I think some Nicksters are missing the point. I think these Collingwood fans, like me, are well and truly over the nonsensical crappy umpiring double standards that are affecting a gifted player like Ginny. They are condoning the targeting of Ginny. I watched the Frankston ferals target Ginny and it was a bastard act from gutless “never will be’s” who are nowhere near AFL standard and act like mongrels due to jealousy. Even in tonight’s game, Weightman received frees that Ginny wouldn’t get at all. Why is that? Is it cheating? What is wrong about challenging and confronting the maggots and holding them accountable? For years the AFL has done bugger all about blatantly biased umpiring except enabling the process of violence against certain players. Are we still meant to fall for this AFL narrative of “move on nothing to see here” rubbish? I say good on these ‘pie fans for being out there are bringing unfairness to a head. I fully respect them and value their actions. Good on you.
totally this

and what the 50th string piece of crap players from dogtown did to him was even beyond that, just trying to get their 5 min of fame. Frankston can **** off, and the umpires SHOULD DO THEIR JOB!

it should have been reports and 50's. lots of them. scum

Ginnie does need to work harder to get back in the team.

but i still think the club should be talking to the AFL because several times alreadt this year he has not been paid head high which were not his doing by ducking, dropping or anything else. H has even been targeted and....nothing!!

lets see the repsonse to this question after we play the welfare flogs tonight and weightman cheats from pillar to post, AND gets the frees.

not to mention the whole team throwing!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

I suspect Ginnivan has other things to think about to get his house in order than worrying about this stuff.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Embarrassing that people think a half-arsed protest would be more good than harm. Glad it didn’t eventuate and hopefully never will. If there are words to be had with the AFL then let the club do it
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
K wrote: But most cringeworthy was the vid of Ash Johnson showboating and getting pantsed... And suddenly he's back in the seniors. :shock:
At least we know it wasn’t Murphy who dacked him
TBH at the time (Murphy) I at first thought he was legit trying to tackle and it went wrong... Couldn't believe someone would have such a brainfade to deliberately do that. :!:
David
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

Some Ginnivan highlights from yesterday's VFL match:

https://www.afl.com.au/video/965047/vfl ... highlights
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

David wrote:Some Ginnivan highlights from yesterday's VFL match:

https://www.afl.com.au/video/965047/vfl ... highlights
Some great efforts there. I can see that he is in VFL to improve his defensive pressure. I really, really hope that he will put himself forward for senior selection in the next couple of weeks.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He'd be a great sub on GF day.