Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

gurugeoff wrote:Could easily got the way of Jason Cloke. For a season or two, considered very important player, but then drops off the face of the earth
The more proximate comparison seems to me to be Jaidyn Stephenson. Jack Anthony might be another. Really hope he finds a way to recapture his mojo.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Both those players didn’t have the person who will iron out the creases and calm the waters. I have total faith in Craig McRae, not only as a coach but a person with extremely good people skills who has the ability to deal with issues pertaining to Ginnivan. The work he did in the transformation of JDG is stupidly ignored by the hack media who wouldn’t know the difference between a Councillor and a Counsellor because they sound the same. Choosing McRae was the smartest decision the Club has made in a very long time and it will pay dividends big time in situations where players need advice and mutual respect from a coach who understands their issues and how to deal with them. I have total faith and confidence that this will end well for all.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Hope you’re right mate. I have faith in Fly and the culture we have at the club now. But I’ve seen so many kids have the best support and guidance still do stupid stuff. Fingers crossed, eh?
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Story about Collingwood fans threatening a public protest at the MCG over the treatment of Jack Ginnivan!

‘Greatest bunch of nonsense’: Ginnivan claims rubbished amid Pies fans’ wild protest threat
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... 237208dc69
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Mr Miyagi

Protest for Ginni

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

I’d urge everyone to take a chill pill. I’m sure Jack doesn’t want any protest.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
skaman
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by skaman »

I feel you angst, but I also feel this will put more pressure on Ginni and more spotlight and scrutiny on any action he does in future. He certainly needs more strings in his bow. He is a great talent and kick. Hope it isnt wasted, otherwise Im feelin a touch of the Stephensons comin on
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

We’re sitting on top of the ladder. Perhaps our fans should be more focused on winning a flag than some silly distraction.
scoobydoo
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by scoobydoo »

SwansWay wrote:We’re sitting on top of the ladder. Perhaps our fans should be more focused on winning a flag than some silly distraction.
The fans don’t play, they support.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Ginny doesn't need the distraction. He has so much to work on. Second efforts, fitness, a left side and more tricks.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

For the record : I’m not part of the protest and I’m not supporting it. I think it’s bad timing and there are much better, more effective ways to get the point across. I’m just reporting on it and also highlighting how the media is part of the problem in how they frame Ginni getting his head ripped off.
SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

scoobydoo wrote:
SwansWay wrote:We’re sitting on top of the ladder. Perhaps our fans should be more focused on winning a flag than some silly distraction.
The fans don’t play, they support.
No but we don’t want fans creating any waves that could penetrate the group we support in pursuit of a flag.
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Jezza »

It's cringeworthy to hear people suggest a protest.

Ginnivan's got enough worries without this sideshow distracting him.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I think some Nicksters are missing the point. I think these Collingwood fans, like me, are well and truly over the nonsensical crappy umpiring double standards that are affecting a gifted player like Ginny. They are condoning the targeting of Ginny. I watched the Frankston ferals target Ginny and it was a bastard act from gutless “never will be’s” who are nowhere near AFL standard and act like mongrels due to jealousy. Even in tonight’s game, Weightman received frees that Ginny wouldn’t get at all. Why is that? Is it cheating? What is wrong about challenging and confronting the maggots and holding them accountable? For years the AFL has done bugger all about blatantly biased umpiring except enabling the process of violence against certain players. Are we still meant to fall for this AFL narrative of “move on nothing to see here” rubbish? I say good on these ‘pie fans for being out there are bringing unfairness to a head. I fully respect them and value their actions. Good on you.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️