Injury Tracker 2023

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Interesting to hear Fly say that Ginnivan was managed on the back of a heavy workload ( apparently the club submitted illness on the match sheet ). Fly also said McStay didn’t play because he “ jagged “ the same finger leading up to the game. McStay, Elliot, Ginnivan and possibly Howe are all expected to be available for our next game against Crows.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Something does not add up with Ginni being managed. He did not play the opening rounds due to suspension and has been the sub.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Fly also said Moore’s ankle injury was a sprain. And hopefully alright after a 2 week break.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Bucks5 wrote:Something does not add up with Ginni being managed. He did not play the opening rounds due to suspension and has been the sub.
It’s a bit odd and if it was about work loads, then why did the club announce him as a selection only 24 hours before the game. Reckon Fly tripped up a little explaining that one away.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Sounded to me like it was a fitness issue.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Fitness to be a member of the team, perhaps?
derkd
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

Strange that Ginni was even named for the game against Melbourne...we have players banging the door down in the VFL Mcrae, Carmichael, Kelly etc.. Ginnivan had a shocking game against West Coast....yet got named? And then dropped?

I feel like the selection panel could be a bit more ruthless on effort and better on rewarding VFL form.

Anyway, club knows best I suppose.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
David
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 115 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies2016 wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:Something does not add up with Ginni being managed. He did not play the opening rounds due to suspension and has been the sub.
It’s a bit odd and if it was about work loads, then why did the club announce him as a selection only 24 hours before the game. Reckon Fly tripped up a little explaining that one away.
It was definitely odd
But could it be he was “rested” for attitude towards training loads more so than the actual load ?
There’s been rumours surrounding his commitment to doing all the little things to be the best he can be and maybe giving Harrison a go was reward for him going that extra mile with training as a example to Ginnivan

On a side note Sidey will get scan results back again next day or so and see how the knee is coming along
I heard he’s still got some minor swelling (not uncommon) but has been in the gym consistently working hard
Club will be guide by scans and swelling to see when he can progress to slowly retuning to training track
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

What’s all this bullshit about Ginnivan? He was lauded for how well he’s been training last year and earlier this year

He looked tired v West Coast. Bobby Hill was quiet also for a few before the WC match.

Ginnivan is invariably part of links to goals if not kicking them himself. We missed him v Dees.

HH looks impressive with speed and deftness: great pass to Cox to set up that goal let alone the left foot kick for goal.

A lot to like with both those footy players.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
K
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

watt price tully wrote:...
HH looks impressive with speed and deftness: great pass to Cox to set up that goal let alone the left foot kick for goal.
Yep, I thought he did well (but this is getting off topic).
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by piffdog »

“Setback” for McStay… Some kind of infection. Seriously - they need to start washing their hands or something down there at the club. Seems like a cesspool of bacteria and germs. Howe I can understand - his bone came out of his skin and probably jabbed into the turf. But all these other infections beg the question (perhaps naively) if they need a basic hygiene refresher course…
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Collingwood advises forward Dan McStay has suffered an infection in his finger which was operated on in late April.

The 27-year-old initially ruptured the flexor tendon in his finger during the side’s Round Five match against St Kilda.

McStay suffered a setback on the same finger at training last week prior to the Club’s Round 13 match against Melbourne.

McStay will be out for the short term with the Club to provide an update later this week.

Source :
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... ury-update
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

Quinten Lynch mark II
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

McStay's injury may save Johnson from being dropped, unless Fly decides to give Kreuger another go. Johnson is an exquisite talent, but unfortunately, he seems to go missing when heat is really on. He had a poor finals campaign last year and was dreadful against the Dees. I hope he improves in this area, as he could be a match winner in September.....or be a reason for us falling short. :?