Injury Tracker 2023

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 115 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

The swelling in Sidey knee hasn’t fully gone down yet and the time line remains at the 6-8 week region until it shows improvement
It’s not uncommon for swelling to take some extra time to relent
His scans this week showed no major damage they had feared in the PCL so it’s just a matter of it settling down
There hopeful in 2/3 weeks he will resume light running with a view to returning on or around the 6 week mark if all goes according to there plans
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Haven't modern medicos heard of Lectric Soda?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

stui magpie wrote:^

Yes 100% Stui

I had an MCL tear and swelling and Lectric Soda done wonders for the swelling!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

1eyedpie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:^

Yes 100% Stui

I had an MCL tear and swelling and Lectric Soda done wonders for the swelling!
Pray tell, is Lectric Soda a Czech car or power drink? 8)
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by Jezza »

All three players 'will need to prove their fitness'.

Brayden Maynard and Josh Daicos - suspected case of the flu.

Mason Cox - suspected case of Covid.

Source: 7News at 6pm in the sports bulletin.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Jezza wrote:All three players 'will need to prove their fitness'.

Brayden Maynard and Josh Daicos - suspected case of the flu.

Mason Cox - suspected case of Covid.

Source: 7News at 6pm in the sports bulletin.

No one will ever convince me Collingwood players are more vulnerable to viruses than other clubs, so I can only assume way more reporters and sports journos hang around our clubs training than anywhere else. The flu / virus stories really are over the top, especially since McRae has said repeatedly we send them home the moment they have a sniffle. I can’t remember the last time I actually read someone as missing a game from flu / virus ( although I’m sure someone will pull me up )
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Can someone remind me of the rules around positive COVID tests now? Do players have to sit out, or is all of that out the window now?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Covid positive is now treated like any other virus, they can still play as long as they are able to.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

David wrote:Can someone remind me of the rules around positive COVID tests now? Do players have to sit out, or is all of that out the window now?
If any players test positive for COVID and have symptoms (Sx) they won't be able to play nor should they. If there are Sx they are asked to isolate but that as noted also extends to cold and flu Sx.

About 5 people a day are dying from COVID in the last week as a rolling average. Three weeks ago it was 8. Indeed if anyone has COVID Sx get tested and if positive follow the rules to prevent cross infection:

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/reco ... gKjN_D_BwE
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Pies2016 wrote:I can’t remember the last time I actually read someone as missing a game from flu / virus ( although I’m sure someone will pull me up )
DeGoey missed the gather round match (St Kilda) with gastro; not quite the flu but could be branded similar
I find your lack of faith disturbing
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I wouldn’t worry too much on the illnesses. Darcy Moore was going to pull out of a game a few weeks back when it got down to the last 20 mins when they had to make a call but not only did he play he dominated. Unless they can’t get out of bed they will probably get up to play.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

According to latest info (BF) Jamie Elliott won't be playing on Monday.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by piffdog »

Question - I saw on the club’s socials that Dean is back to training. Presume he’s not available for selection given his classification as long term
injured, but can he play VFL this season if/when fit?

Hope he gets a run oof it from here.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pies2016 »

piffdog wrote:Question - I saw on the club’s socials that Dean is back to training. Presume he’s not available for selection given his classification as long term
injured, but can he play VFL this season if/when fit?

Hope he gets a run oof it from here.
From what I understand, right now he can’t because it took Dean to go off the active list for either Steene or Markov to come on ( whoever was last picked )
BUT if Dean was to make a miraculous match fit recovery for Sept ( and that’s what it would be ) and another one of our players was to be placed on the LTI list during the second half of the season, then Dean could come back on to replace that player. Technically we are carrying one more player than a full list allows with Dean on it, so someone would have to give up their spot from either injury or retirement for Dean to have a crack this season.