Injury Tracker 2023

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

On AFL app Darcy Cameron is lister as one week away
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

Jarrod Wade is something like a genius!

I can't remember a soft tissue injury this year (I hope I'm not jinxing us) and the rehab program seems to be very measured and on track with everyone.

He also doesn't promise players might be back before he is quite sure of the trajectory.
I think therefore I think - I think
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pies2016 »

think better wrote:Jarrod Wade is something like a genius!

I can't remember a soft tissue injury this year (I hope I'm not jinxing us) and the rehab program seems to be very measured and on track with everyone.

He also doesn't promise players might be back before he is quite sure of the trajectory.
I was just coming on to post the same comments. This guy is a serious operator. He’s refreshingly honest and listening to him ( which I recommend everyone should ) you get a true sense of the science that’s involved with getting a player back to peak performance. Pay him whatever he wants. I’m not sure there’s anyone better in the business.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Craig McCrae confirmed that Billy Frampton will miss a few weeks with groin injury

Bugger Bugger the bloke was hitting his straps too
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

and bang!!!

soft tissue injury to Frampton
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

The injury was sustained at training on Wednesday!!
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/11/ ... on-injury/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Always with the ruckman, tall players are an endangered species at Collingwood. Hopefully Cameron is good to go next week. Sigh Johnson will have to play Ruck again
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:Always with the ruckman, tall players are an endangered species at Collingwood. Hopefully Cameron is good to go next week. Sigh Johnson will have to play Ruck again
Surely Cox and Begg will do most of the ruck work?
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

What'sinaname wrote:

and bang!!!

soft tissue injury to Frampton
I knew I shouldn't have said anything!
I think therefore I think - I think
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Ideal opportunity to throw Begg in I would have thought
derkd
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

BazBoy wrote:Ideal opportunity to throw Begg in I would have thought
Hardly 'ideal' one game back in the VFL from a long term injury and a player who has barely played senior football.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

derkd wrote:
BazBoy wrote:Ideal opportunity to throw Begg in I would have thought
Hardly 'ideal' one game back in the VFL from a long term injury and a player who has barely played senior football.
Yes it’s an opportunity by chance but not ideal without a bank of games behind him. But let’s see if he can make a good fist of it. I hope he can.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
What'sinaname
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Moore battling illness

Noble with a corky ThinkBetter strikes again!!!!
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Darcy Moore trained indoors away from the main group this morning. He is on antibiotics due an infection in his elbow.

John Noble got a hit during a 6 on 6 close in handballing/tackle drill. Looked like an ankle but is apparently a corked thigh.

Aiden Begg trained well but copped a footy to the head courtesy of Darcy Cameron trying to hit the footy away. After the initial shock, looked OK but with the run of luck with big men who knows.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
David
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Aiden Begg trained well but copped a footy to the head courtesy of Darcy Cameron trying to hit the footy away.
Well that settles it: our entire ruck division spent the summer walking under ladders and staying at hotels built on Native American burial grounds. Let's hope their 2024 pre-season draws less ire from the supernatural realm.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange