#41 Brody Mihocek

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

Maybe it's just a coincidence but the timing of Checkers lapse in form has coincided largely with the arrival of Johnson in the team
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

What'sinaname wrote:If you are going to drop a forward, it would be Ginnivan based on form.

Compare the last 6 weeks,

Checkers is
+1 goals
+6 disposals
+8 tackles
In another post I’ e have said BOTH should be dropped. Miochec for the reasons I’ve outlined here and Ginnivan who doesn’t go hard enough for the ball. The umpires willNOT pay him a free kick. In Krueger and Carmichael and Henry for Adams.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

In my opinion, coaches are reluctant to make many unforced changes to the team during the finals campaign so I doubt there will be 3 or 4 changes. Two at the most, barring any new injuries.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Checkers to hit back hard this match , and Ginni, both to kick 3 goals each, lock it in.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Not enough accoldades for the efforts of Checkers, week in, week out. He's the Clydsedale or F100 of our side.
Looking at his '22 hightlight package, you soon realise how valuable his second efforts are, particulalry his ability to not only contest physically, but work a goal from a ground ball.

Looking forward to seeing how he and McStay combine over '23.

Brodie Mihocek 2022 AFL Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_h2Hl0 ... OhBoyWowee
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

LaurieHolden wrote:Not enough accoldades for the efforts of Checkers, week in, week out. He's the Clydsedale or F100 of our side.
Perfectly described Laurie :D Clydesdales are strength personified and probably more serviceable than many flashy thoroughbreds. :wink:
I have huge admiration for him for a multitude of reasons.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Thanks Laurie. Love Checkers.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 311 times

Well done, Checkers

Post by Jezza »

Achieved a career best 5 goals today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS1NMRU3Sp0
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Yes, it was a joy to read the support he was afforded in the first half of the game day day thread.
It’s not easy scoring goals against a team that parks the bus as the cornerstone of their defensive strategies. He’s carried our undersized forward line for over a month and todays career best effort was fitting reward for a wonderful club servant.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

The game day thread is getting worse every game. We are doing well with the players that we're missing.
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

11 times has bagged 4 goals. It’s the equivalent of a few nervous 90’s before cracking the maiden ton.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Love the bloke. Just the most humble, hardworking team man.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Pep

Post by Pep »

Can happily say that I was at the game he kicked his first bag of 5.

Well done Checkers!!
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

pietillidie wrote:Love the bloke. Just the most humble, hardworking team man.
Probably my favourite Pies player for that reason. All the things you want in a mate. Effective, too !

He was really helped by having the big Texan in the side. Look at the mark he took from Elliot’s kick at about 16 mins to go in the last quarter. Three swans players all focusing on Cox left the unattended Mihocek free to drift in and take it. Cox and Cameron are going to make us a very very tough proposition.

Five in the modern AFL is the equivalent of 5 test wickets in a bowler. Great return.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Yep, love him too. Throws absolutely everything into every contest, and while not the most gifted, he's a very intelligent footballer and as tough as they come
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.