Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Carlton again demonstrating to the world that they are unable to compete against intense pressure for an extended chunk (Brisbane annihilated them in the 3rd with cracking pressure).
Their midfield, studded with quality names, is overrated because it cannot withstand intense opposition pressure.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by Jezza »

Biggest pretenders of the competition.

Couldn't have asked for a better Friday night.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton...
It sucks that I actually expect better….
Score flattered us.

Failed the test again.

Totally outcoahced once again.
Zero system against top teams.
For about 60 mins didn't kick a goal.
We've gone backwards.

We will be lucky to make the 8.
Mid table team is gunna mid table

We're out of our usual excuses so it's time to face facts...
Still pretenders. Sadly.

Such a dumb, poorly skilled and slow side tonight. @#$%&! horrible.
‘Carlton Respects’…everyone but their supporters.
how many of us, in their heart of hearts, is really surprised by this loss?
Gawn half way through 2nd quarter. Did not get excited one bit after half time
If our club is really serious we should put up Cripps for trade we have got the best out of him would get us two early picks just saying
Breathe and dont rant.....

Nup I cant do it.

the first half was a good show.

The second half, barely a WIMPER of realistic effort.

I said in the pre-game - this was the biggest line in the sand game I can remember.

BUT once again the mental fragility of this team generally, some inept coaching, a completely lackluster and zero leadership effort from Cripps (not for the first time this season), et al.

We are were we are.

We are at breaking point AGAIN.

Seriously, I'm out of ideas as to where to from here?

We have a really, really and really HARD four games from here (maybe more).
This season, making the 8 is not negotiable, win at least one final should be the same

In any kid of dreamworld is this now even remotely possible?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Promise everything, deliver nothing.

Until the sides wants it badly enough rather than playing for the paycheque then this is what we get. No way this side should miss finals but we will.
I’m not angry….

just really disappointed…!
CARL last 5 games the week after winning by 100+ pts
2023 R08 - LOSS
2011 R16 - LOSS
2011 R03 - LOSS
2001 R11 - LOSS
2000 R19 - LOSS

The first V/@AFL side to lose the match after winning by 100+ five times in a row
Seeing 20k empty seats after 3 qtr time is a huge statement by the fans...
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

BigFooty (Carlton)...
Getting to the stage were I don’t care… can’t deal with another sacked coach or rebuild
I’ve mentioned it already this year, but this club is absolutely taking the piss.

The game plan is ******* garbage, and yet Voss seems insistent on persevering with it. Relying on contested marking is never going to be sustainable.

Game plan is dog s**t.
Effort is dog s**t.

Defensive transition is ******* pathetic.

I’m so sick of watching every game devolve into long bombs to a contest and constant turnovers.

Kennedy should never be sub again.
Last week amounted to nothing really. Our injury list is as short as it's been for years. So why aren't we improving from that?
Death, Taxes and Carlton shitting the bed.
The thing that sums up this season for so far is, the losses we had last season (Crows, Saints and Lions so far) have literally been carbon copy games this season.

We’re no better, if anything we’re worse off.

We don’t learn from our mistakes, we panic, we seem scared of “the moment”

There’s been legitimately one, maybe two players who can put their heads up high through the good and the bad games and that Cerra + potentially Charlie.

Bam Bam being sub is dumb.

The fact that it’s not just the coach that’s the issue is what scares me the most. I hate this feeling, feels like an earlier version of last year already…
No team drinks it's bath water more than we do.
The following three supposedly blue chip players simply do not have the mental game to carry this team to a premiership:

Weitering
Cripps
McKay

All guns on paper. But hugely fragile upstairs. And it is killing us.
Another spiritless performance, marred by poor skills and a wtf game plan.
No man’s land.
This group of players aren't good enough to win a flag.
It's sad that for me the Tassie side can't come soon enough. Not because I'll turn away from the Blues, but just to have some excitement in footy again...
I’m going for Tasmania
This club is absolutely the best at building hope then extinguishing every spark of it out the next week.
23 consecutive paid up years of that s**t wears you down.
I seriously cannot watch, listen to, or read any of the fluff from them anymore.
Honestly. Anyone excusing this s**t is kidding themselves. If you want to sit there and say we aren’t real supporters because we jump off quickly then that’s fine. Fact is I’m watching every single week, have been since I was 5 years old. I have 2 kids who have never seen us play finals football. Both myself and my wife play footy. I have a sister who is a Tigers fan, never played footy, yet all 3 of her kids are footy nuts. I wonder why.
We are poop.

Feel free to book your holiday plans in September people.
I rushed home from work to watch the second half. Don't know why I bothered. We are s**t. Or at least, we are s**t when it matters the most. We should relocate the club to the Philippines and call ourselves the ' Manilla Folders'
Despite all the upsets so far this season we are not a top 4 side.
It’s the hope that kills you lol.
Well we won't make the 8. That's pretty much guaranteed imo.

Voss seems stubborn. His game plan is not working and he refuses to make changes unless we're 6 goals down. Red flags everywhere including team selection still.
Season over
Not a top 8 side either, which has been apparent for quite some time. It still scares me that many still have an expectation of finals... There is zero chance we make finals. Zero.
VOSS HAS TO GO!
Have you not seen enough.
Talent everywhere.
A worse gone plan I haven’t seen.
Lose til the bye. See ya man!
Showed yet again, bring the pressure against Carlton, especially in the midfield we crumple and allow repeat entry after repeat entry.

This is a generational issue and the club needs to get a better handle on it.

McRae has taught his team not to fear and so they take on the game, we are scared of every shadow
This group going absolutely nowhere.

Either rebuild or change coach.

This mix ain't it.
Hard to see how we can possibly play finals, going to be 4-1-6 at the midway point with a mountain of work to do. They cracked under the pressure tonight and the doggies, pies and demons will all bring that and with our ball use the way it is atm were not getting near any of them.

Don't even have any injuries to excuse the performance, get every player to play 5 vs 35 until they link up a chain through pressure and build confidence in what they are doing because right now they take risks and make errors that cost goals and then they go into their shells and start second guessing themselves and make more errors anyway that lead to goals.
Vossy got absolutely destroyed in the coaches box. I’m really not convinced he’s tactically good enough.

Outside of that, we’re just not a very good football side.
Don’t even know what to say. Insipid performance. Disappointing thing is that I’m not surprised. Ergh.
Disappointing but not surprising
The way we're playing at the moment, we are so far from finals it's not even funny
We are literally playing a game style suited to 15 years ago. It is a disgrace to watch. It is unfair to every player pulling on the jumper.

It has become clear that Voss has no clue. I can't believe I'm saying this so early in his tenure, but it's there. We are ****ed.
As a supporter you can't help but sense that we are being led by a handful of comfortable millionaires. Cripps, McKay, Weiters etc...absolutely no backbone. None. This team has no toughness; either mental OR physical. We are destined for another year outside the 8. Something is seriously wrong with this group.
This group just doesn’t have the killer instinct to win a flag… Not sure they they are even good enough to make the 8…
We'll beat about half the sides we play and get shown up by half of them. Our system breaks very quickly against the better sides. Deflated..
At what point do we change the lyrics of the club song?
“We’re the team that never lets you down,” just seems sarcastic at this point.
100 point win and Brisbane losing two key cogs last week was always a recipe for disaster.

A good club would've put Brisbane to the sword yet we made it impossible for ourselves... Again
Can’t remember the last time we won a supposed 50/50 game. Couldn’t believe the bookies had us as favourites…what a joke.

We’re once again the league joke…even the Bombers have likely gone past us. Our skills are deplorable.

No system. No skills. No pace or spark. No footy IQ. I CGAF anymore…over it.
Losing to the Saints and Lions in practically the same way is as infuriating as anything this club has done in over 10 years.

Leadership on the ground and in the box seems non-existent.

******* hell. You couldn't have asked more from a supporters base, and yet they'll probably be rewarded in a few weeks of more headlines and talkshow fodder about the future of the coach of the club. If Carlton stood for anything atm, it's probably that.
I think its pretty simple and id be surprised if Cook and Sayers werent thinking the same, Voss has 15 weeks to make the 8. We have to be ruthless and move him on if we have gone backwards and miss finals. I truly believe the talent is there and we cannot waste this list. This is 100% on Coaching.

When you actually look back at the first 10 weeks of last year there was a hell of a lot of luck involved and 2 or 3 very poor performances amongst them.

He has 15 weeks to find something.
When is this board being dismissed?

The President stated finals was expected in 2022, it didn’t happen and won’t again this year.

This board passed over Ross Lyon in favour of a “process”. That process is in tatters.

Carlton needs to trade McKay and Cripps - we aren’t playing finals in any case - why not take a punt on some top draft talent?

Voss should go but is safe. Carlton isn’t a good team nor a bad team.

But let’s see the club stop focusing on causes and focus on winning. Voss was a legendary player but doesn’t bring the same intensity nor has the tactical mindset necessary.

But Sayers and the board must stand down - they have failed. Men’s and women’s programs are in frightful shape.
We’re not winning a game till GC in round 14. I would suggest we jump off quick. If Carlton go 0-5 Voss is getting sacked before that game anyway. Good luck Ash Hansen. We won’t see a final in cripps’ career and after tonight the guy doesn’t ******* deserve one.
Jesus. The depths. This is Mariana s**t.

We aren't making finals.
I'm starting to think, that we just aren't as good as we like to think we are unfortunately. This team obviously still has issues. It's like the players are still mentally scarred by those last second defeats to the Demons and Pies last year.

I still think we need to give Vossy a fair crack at it, but his backroom team needs a serious revamp. That probably should've been done before the season started.

There's no choice but to wing it now unfortunately but based on our current form and performances, i do fear that things could get ugly against the Pies. Hopefully i'll be proven wrong though.
I'm 57 and starting to seriously doubt I'll see another premiership.
Build me up just to tear me down..
We are pretenders.
No transition system.
No turnover focus.
Below average disposal.
Midfield tortoise slow.

We either refuse to believe it or simply cannot solve these problems. No way we play finals this year.

New Carlton/old Carlton. Watch them roll the coach before the end of the season.
Sack Voss. This is leading to nowhere. Admit it was a mistake. Gameplay a disaster. No basics. No skills. Best players be soon be too old or leaving. Be ruthless.
All those years putting up with thrashing after thrashing and then I knew we just didn't have the cattle.

Now, I can't say that. And we still suck. Someone make this badness/ madness go away.
I reckon this group as it stands does not have what it takes to ever play finals … unfortunately…
It’s sad for anyone who is passionate about a club to never see a premiership in their lifetime.

I remember when this rebuild started, being understanding of the losses. I would always tell my dad who fired up over every mistake that it would turn soon. Here I am almost a decade later watching the same mistakes and sounding just like my dad.

I’m envious of anyone who has even seen the blues in a losing grand final.
If we hadn’t already killed the career of too many coaches recently, Voss would be sacked.

Clearly sacking the coach isn’t viable so we are stuck with him. Every person who has something to give and loves Carlton needs to help this list get out of this whole.

One of the most frustrated Carlton crowds that I have seen in a very long time.
Wow that was bad, but it was just a continuation of the crap served up all year.

Looks like we will be out of the 8 by the end of this round, lose next week and it’s going to be a long year.
Pretty damning seeing so many leave at 3 qtr time...

Voss saying he couldn't have asked for more effort... really?

Either he believes this group isn't capable of more or he's delusional.
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

We dodged a bullet not getting Voss.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

schuey07 wrote:We dodged a bullet not getting Voss.
Ain’t that the truth
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Some nice reading there Jezza! Even with their easy draw the scum are losing, bwahaha
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

Quote:
Season over

It's only 8th round! These fair weather supporters! :lol:
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

Great to watch silvagni spudding it up; his one grubber kick to McKay under absolutely no pressure, managed to get the blokes eye split wide open on harris andrews' head. Top effort SilSpudni
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
i hate carlton
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by i hate carlton »

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Carlton fails again. After hitting the front in the last quarter, collapsed again when WBs lifted the pressure. Unable to contend with high pressure football.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Carlton should change their song to “the team that always lets you down”
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton
Pathetic
Kick one goal in a half….what do you expect.

We’re the team that only lets you down
Any supporter who actually thinks that was ok, then you need to have a good hard look at yourself.

That pathetic first half CANT be ignored.

I keep on hearing Voss was brutal and hard. Where the @#$%&! is it. If I hear we are a work in progress then I’ll spew up.

Rabble
That last 6 minutes was disgraceful. As weak as absolute piss. To me that is worse than the first half as the game was there to be won and they didn't fight.

3 goals in 5 kicks when goals were tough all night. FMD!
God awful first half.

Got in front twice in the last with only a few minutes to go. Lost by 20.

Headcases. With no skill. Fumble fumble fumble.

Going nowhere.
Michael and Luke, how's the club going? About the only thing we are good at is making money off pokies.

Certainly we aren't good at football.

This club is a joke
We didn't deserve to win
Shit show of the century
They are head cases the lot of them.
You just know when they hit the front They were going to choke.
Well, this will be good. Going to the presidents lunch next week, on the invitation of a red hot pies supporter!
GOT.WHAT.THEY.DESERVED...after that f*&^ embarrassing first half

GOT.WHAT.THEY.DESERVED...after that week in the spotlight and look at what they dished up for the first 50 minutes
The body language of the players

They're just about psychologically shot

Yet another board and coach have destroyed this club
You kick one goal in a half of football... under a closed roof... you get what you deserve.

I read in the game thread that the coach deserves credit for the changes after half time... well, who gets the credit for the first?

Losing tonight didn't hurt... not sure if that's good or bad
One goal in a half of footy and expect to win , you have got to be kidding me . Some of those misses in the first half were absolutely embarrassing. We are mentally soft and our skills are shit .
Do they sack Voss tonight?
Hire the biggest nuffie in the cheer squad to coach. Couldn't be any worse.
Remind anyone of the last two games last year? Choke, choke and choke again. Every team knows they're never out of a game against us. We can't play four quarters and at crucial moments when victory beckons watch us fold. I'd like to be able to take something from this. "Well down, fought back to hit the lead, they'll learn from this etc". But it happens too often.
Cripps is a cancer in that team

Worst captain we have ever had

Offer him up for a trade and see if we can snare the #1 pick.

PS. Make no apologies for shooting Bambi
Next will be interesting
Voss will want to keep trying to speed it up
But Pies are a quick team
So maybe it's best to revert to the slow keepings off game plan
Keep confusing the players more so they keep making mistakes and looking confused out there
In the scheme of things, tonight doesn’t really matter

It’s been pretty obvious for a while that we are a middling team at best with little upside

Unfortunately we need to make some tough decisions at seasons end and reset

This list ain’t taking us nowhere.

The coaching performance doesn’t look great either.

Club is so ordinary.
Unfortunately we just arnt good enough.
We might sneak in the 8 as the clubs below us are struggling too, but just making up the numbers….
I wonder where it’s all gone wrong we are a shadow of a team. Maybe it’s a simple as clubs have figured us out.
I hate to say it but maybe those last 2 games last year effing destroyed us.
Players are devoid of confidence and their want to believe and persist is about shot

Warning signs were last week

Could see it in the body language

This all stems from a lack of belief in the direction and game plan

It's all falling apart

I could see this week's ago
Writing was on the wall
We won games playing average footy

And now we've been exposed

We are not improving one bit
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

[quote="Jezza"]Carlton should change their song to “the team that always lets you down”
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer