Injury Tracker 2023

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Culprit »

He's playing due to injuries otherwise he'd been in the VFL to build up more game time. Murphy took a while to get right, now look at him.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Cox could get some VFL time this week, so good news there.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

90 nice wrote:They said on triple m that kruger was sent to a hospital this morning with suspected broken ribs
I say Collingwood to delist him at the mid season draft and get a younger like for like
Kruger it pains me to say it is done
Cronicly injured
No way, give him a go...side by side
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Darcy Moore, Jamie Elliott and Nathan Murphy were 'chronically' injured for the first few years of their careers.....
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Born to Pie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

90 nice wrote:They said on triple m that kruger was sent to a hospital this morning with suspected broken ribs
I say Collingwood to delist him at the mid season draft and get a younger like for like
Kruger it pains me to say it is done
Cronicly injured
We can't "delist" anyone in the mid-season draft, we can only draft a player if we have a list vacancy through long term injuries or in season retirements etc
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:Darcy Moore, Jamie Elliott and Nathan Murphy were 'chronically' injured for the first few years of their careers.....
Exactly right but I honestly don’t think a few Nicksters know or remember this. I laugh at all the knee jerk reactions and suggestions made about players but it’s always great to hear different opinions and to discuss them.
Kruger when fit is an asset the club obviously wanted when they recruited him. He will shine when he plays uninjured, hopefully in the very near future.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Going by the replay of the Kruger ellliots boots seam to hit him in the upper leg hip area and like a lot lower then the ribs like he sustained a really bad corky in the hip area
derkd
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

^ i agree, I struggle to understand how it could be a rib injury, anyway...it really feels like he needs VFL time to gain fitness and touch once he has recovered.

Surely, bring Ruscoe in to cover the backline, leave Kelly in to cover ruck duties and forward time. Both offer more then a half fit and out of game practice Kreuger.

Both Ruscoe and Kelly have done enough to earn a senior game.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I noticed Kruger was on the bike on the sidelines afterwards so i guess he was still able to move it. He got on the bike straight after coming off the field as well.

Just think its a bad corky type of thing.

Agree derkd needs a match or 2 in the vfl first before afl again i think we rushed him back too early.

like to see Cox back for sydney and ruscoe in for kruger.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

90 nice wrote:I noticed Kruger was on the bike on the sidelines afterwards i think we rushed him back too early.
I was saying (strongly) at the time, he should first build up match fitness in the VFL.
I'm not impressed with his lack of management.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Culprit
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Culprit »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
90 nice wrote:I noticed Kruger was on the bike on the sidelines afterwards i think we rushed him back too early.
I was saying (strongly) at the time, he should first build up match fitness in the VFL.
I'm not impressed with his lack of management.
They took a gamble and it didn't pay off. Hindsight is always right.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

90 nice wrote:Going by the replay of the Kruger ellliots boots seam to hit him in the upper leg hip area and like a lot lower then the ribs like he sustained a really bad corky in the hip area
Go back a bit... Darcy Fogarty crashes into him. When both are running out to the 50.

Fogarty sent two of our players off the field.

He has a bit of Varcoe about him.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Yep Russ - I agree - I reckon the commentators identified the wrong incident