Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by stui magpie »

npalm wrote:thanks Stui. Looks like my memory failed me. Again.

Where did you find that info? I might go and check it to see what his free kick breakdown was.
I looked on Footywire.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Jezza »

Ginnivan named in the extended team for the St Kilda match.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Jezza wrote:Ginnivan named in the extended team for the St Kilda match.
Excellent.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Play Ginnivan and give Ross Lyon a taste of his own Tip Rat.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

What'sinaname wrote:
piffdog wrote:Good stats - seems like he had a pretty even distribution then (I thought he might have had more in the first half…). Still want to see a bit more in the VFL I think - tough week to be a forward last game when you get belted.
It was a bit more feast or famine in the second half of the year.

Ginni went goalless just once in the first 15 games. But he went goalless 3 times over the last 8 games.

Also, he kicked either 0, 1 or 3 goals in that eight games. So he kicked 9 goals in 3 games, but just 2 goals in 5 games.

That's why he appeared to have a quiet second half of the year.
And on Jacks defence, there was more than a couple of free kicks he definitely should have got, he was flattened, thumped and molested, strangled and abused and zip. He wasn’t
Laying for frees on every occasion. And even if he was, while damn duckwood was getting them, Jack should have been too.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Jack is back, set to cause mayhem with Jamie and Bobby, a friggin Saints nightmare. LOL LOL
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

The Ginni Pig.

The sophisticated version of a Tip Rat.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

swoop42 wrote:The Ginni Pig.

The sophisticated version of a Tip Rat.
I have a ginni sheep! Well a sheep named Ginni!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I'm old enough to remember our currency including guineas. 8)
blybo

Post by blybo »

Ginni really showed us yesterday why last year was a one off. He has ZERO pace so unless it's an instinctive quick snap or free kick he looks all lost at sea. His 1%'ers and trying to hold off players whilst team mates get the ball are valuable, but you aren't going to get a game for that.

Once we get some talls back I think Ginni will be back to the reserves... unless Bobby Hill has a huge form slump.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Class will out.

Ginni has it in spades.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

DP
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

blybo wrote:Ginni really showed us yesterday why last year was a one off. He has ZERO pace so unless it's an instinctive quick snap or free kick he looks all lost at sea. His 1%'ers and trying to hold off players whilst team mates get the ball are valuable, but you aren't going to get a game for that.

Once we get some talls back I think Ginni will be back to the reserves... unless Bobby Hill has a huge form slump.
I disagree. He may not be quick but he has footy smarts you can't teach. He's a natural forward and will always be a threat given half a chance.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

stui magpie wrote:
blybo wrote:Ginni really showed us yesterday why last year was a one off. He has ZERO pace so unless it's an instinctive quick snap or free kick he looks all lost at sea. His 1%'ers and trying to hold off players whilst team mates get the ball are valuable, but you aren't going to get a game for that.

I disagree. He may not be quick but he has footy smarts you can't teach. He's a natural forward and will always be a threat given half a chance.
On the money Stui Ginni has footy smarts not many possess.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I thought yesterdays game showed that, again, the boy is a very smart footballer.

He was working hard, up and back and consistently putting himself in great positions, and he's not trying to do it all himself, it might be a little block or tap to advantage a team mate. You can't measure this guy on the stats sheet, integral part of the team.