Injury Tracker 2023

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Libby Birch, physio and AFLW player, in The Age.
Her estimate for Howe:

Likely 4-6 weeks for compound fracture (both radius and ulna) to heal;
then back fully fit in 12 weeks.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/reh ... 5ctx8.html
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^ ^ ^’

Thanks K. I wondered if he fractured both bones and the above suggests he did. Wonder if he will consider seeking permission to play with an arm guard.
It’s an area that’s going to be subject to a lot of impact and contact when he comes back.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I’m sure other players have been given permission for arm guards

Possibly wear long sleeve jumper with guard under the sleeve ?? ?
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Jezza
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 319 times

Post by Jezza »

Brody Mihocek - finger
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Checkers disclocated finger

Fly feels b right for next week
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

BazBoy wrote:Checkers disclocated finger

It’s not often you go straight down to the rooms for a dislocation but hopefully Fly has the right mail on this one.
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

Pies2016 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:Checkers disclocated finger

It’s not often you go straight down to the rooms for a dislocation but hopefully Fly has the right mail on this one.

Was reported on mmm that he may have split the webbing between the fingers also.
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

They were joking about compound fractures which I hope is not the case.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Oleg Markov tweaked his ankle at training.
He is hoping to be right this week and play in the VFL against Port Melb on Saturday night.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^

Thanks. I was wondering why both Markov and Carmichael didn’t play in the VFL on the weekend. I’m assuming from the above, Carmichael was held over in case of any last minute withdrawals from the seniors.

Re Miochek, the only “ good “ thing about a compound fracture in the finger, is that generally they heal very quickly and successfully ( unless the entire finger is shattered of course )
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by piffdog »

Club just posted the injury report. All good and probably as expected.

We won’t get to the later stages of the season without more injuries, but a question is: who of the injured group is in our best and who comes out for them if/when that happens?

The File (Lipinski) comes in for WHE?
Howe comes in for Frampton or maybe at the expense of Murphy?

I know he hasn’t been injured but not sure how/for who Ginni gets back in.

No room for Kreuger.

If we thought McStay and or Frampton could pinch hit in the ruck would we consider Johnson for Cox?

Gonna be fun to see what our “best” looks like in the second half of the season once guys have been able to get a)healthy and b) a run in the twos.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Brody Mihocek was the main injury from Saturday's match against Port Adelaide with a dislocated finger. Assessed as "nothing too sinister" according to High Performance Manager Jarrod Wade, Checkers will be a test throughout the week leading into Friday night's match.

Dashing defender Oleg Markov was a late withdrawal for our VFL game last weekend after rolling his ankle in a trial game against Geelong a couple of weeks ago. After taking a conservative approach, he was given the week off and is feeling prepared for this weekend's VFL game.

Aiden Begg continues to progress in his rehab period coming back from a back injury. His load will be managed over the coming weeks before he looks to return via the VFL program in rounds four or five.

Arlo Draper still continues to be managed through his concussion protocols. An update will be available next week around his availability going forward.

Nathan Kreuger is putting together a really good training block at the moment. At 11 weeks post shoulder surgery he's getting closer to contact training with an outlook on returning to action around round seven or eight.

Key defender Jeremy Howe is recovering from surgery at home and we will look to provide another update in the coming weeks.

Patrick Lipinski is doing some low-level rehab on his injured shoulder in combination with some non-running conditioning.

In exciting news, Charlie Dean hit a milestone in his rehabilitation from his foot injury. Following an x-ray earlier in the week, the indications from our club doctor, the surgeon and the radiologist are that Charlie's bone is healing properly and he can now remove the moon boot that he's been wearing.

Source :
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... te-round-3
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Appears Cox out with rib injury according to Grahame Wright
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

According to Cox, he hopes to be back Anzac Day
I find your lack of faith disturbing
ChatGPT

Post by ChatGPT »

It seems that there are a number of players who are either injured or coming back from injury at Collingwood Football Club. While Cox's rib injury may open the door for Ash or Oscar Steene, it remains to be seen if the latter is ready to step up?