Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

burnsy17
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by burnsy17 »

The other risk this peanut took (along with every other player busy sniffing) is that how can they take that risk not knowing what else the coke is cut with?

What if one of the ingredients is on the banned substance list?

That’s a 2 year holiday isn’t it?
Beware the swooping Magpie.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: What omg

Post by think positive »

Hiss wrote:I am still confused as to what criminal behaviour is acceptable by Collingwood players and what would warrant sacking? And who are the judges of such? From what I can see taking illegal drugs only warrants a minor penalty despite the damage these things do to our society. Young and dumb is no defence . Can anyone list what criminal behaviour is tolerated at Collingwood and what are the scale of penalties? Or are the drugs measured by weight then aligned to the sanction? If he had sold a small quantity, would that be a two week penalty? The point I make here warrants a serious discussion around the slippery slide problem normalising and trivialising criminal conduct . It now sets a precedent. Two weeks for taking illegal, yet socially acceptable drugs. Zero tolerance followed by weak sanctions! If we were really fair dinkum , 12 weeks with a massive fine is what sends the right message here.
12 weeks would kill me but i do agree with you
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

think positive

Post by think positive »

What'sinaname wrote:
David wrote:Thought we were past this nonsense, honestly. Shouldn’t be illegal and shouldn’t be anyone’s business (particularly a sporting competition).
But it is illegal and even if it was legal, it's against the AFL's illicit drug policy. As for anyone's business, sporting competitions like the AFL literally only exist for the public.
big fricken hands clapping, exactly this!
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Speed Camera operators don't hold the camera up over a toilet cubicle door to film whatever is going on in there.

The Herald Sun reported this morning that he was snorting Ketamine off a Key.

I doubt he carries baggies of Special K powder with him to training camps, so it suggests that he'd had a few drinks, someone sidled up and offered him a hit, he went with them to the toilets to do it and someone else was somehow clued up to film it over the cubicle door. Smells like a setup.

He's a naive 20 year old, he made a mistake, if he has the brains god blessed TP's namesake sheep with, he'll learn from this and I hope he does because he's a bloody good player and a key part of our forward set up.
Common Side Effects of Ketamine:
Nausea
Rash
Agitation
Double vision
Vomiting
Nightmare
Abnormal behavior
Hallucination
Increased respiratory rate
High blood pressure
Confusion
Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement)
Muscle coordination impaired
Tonic-clonic seizures
Tachycardia
Erythema (skin redness)

wow that sounds like fun sign me up!!

Stu, my Ginnie definitely has more brains than that!!

personally i reckon the guy filming should get done too, thats really a huge invasion of privacy, especially if there really was 2 people in the cubicle,
think positive

Post by think positive »

burnsy17 wrote:The other risk this peanut took (along with every other player busy sniffing) is that how can they take that risk not knowing what else the coke is cut with?

yep from BF

Not to mention Keefe and Thomas missed 2 years of footy because their coke was cut with Clenbuterol (if you believe their version of events)
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:The other risk this peanut took (along with every other player busy sniffing) is that how can they take that risk not knowing what else the coke is cut with?

yep from BF

Not to mention Keefe and Thomas missed 2 years of footy because their coke was cut with Clenbuterol (if you believe their version of events)
Don’t blame Thomas & Keefe. Blame the barista; they misheard their order for a cup of cocoa.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Speed Camera operators don't hold the camera up over a toilet cubicle door to film whatever is going on in there.

The Herald Sun reported this morning that he was snorting Ketamine off a Key.

I doubt he carries baggies of Special K powder with him to training camps, so it suggests that he'd had a few drinks, someone sidled up and offered him a hit, he went with them to the toilets to do it and someone else was somehow clued up to film it over the cubicle door. Smells like a setup.

He's a naive 20 year old, he made a mistake, if he has the brains god blessed TP's namesake sheep with, he'll learn from this and I hope he does because he's a bloody good player and a key part of our forward set up.
Common Side Effects of Ketamine:
Nausea
Rash
Agitation
Double vision
Vomiting
Nightmare
Abnormal behavior
Hallucination
Increased respiratory rate
High blood pressure
Confusion
Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement)
Muscle coordination impaired
Tonic-clonic seizures
Tachycardia
Erythema (skin redness)

wow that sounds like fun sign me up!!

Stu, my Ginnie definitely has more brains than that!!

personally i reckon the guy filming should get done too, thats really a huge invasion of privacy, especially if there really was 2 people in the cubicle,
It's a fkn horse tranquilizer that can induce hallucinations in Humans. "Hey there, I'm Mr Ed" (dated joke reference)

https://positivechoices.org.au/teachers ... -factsheet

Not my ide of fun either, I'll stick with Alcohol thanks.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pre season controversy is how we roll, would not be a " proper" season without one, hey. ? sigh.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I certainly hope that Jordan De Goey stops filming his teammates. :wink: :lol:
skaman
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by skaman »

Im as disappointed as the rest.. however, hope he takes it as a valuble lesson and grow up fast. I want more vengeance on the prick who took the video.
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

I dare say we wouldn't have won the 1990 or 2010 flags if we left out the boys on the blow, just sayin'. And neither would have any other side in the last 30 years that did, either. Doesn't mean it's right, but neither is picking your nose, pissing in the pool or dutch ovens.
Get back on top.
think positive

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

yep from BF

Don’t blame Thomas & Keefe. Blame the barista; they misheard their order for a cup of cocoa.
i just choked on my Coke!! diet of course!
think positive

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:I certainly hope that Jordan De Goey stops filming his teammates. :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
well someone had to pretend to mind the door!
probly had his tatts covered too, and his hair combed!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Might work in our favour round one, at least we won’t have the media banging on about Ginni tearing poor Danger’s arm off last time.

I still would have liked Tom Browne to have done a Mission Impossible at 7 and destroyed the vid.