Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

Thought we were past this nonsense, honestly. Shouldn’t be illegal and shouldn’t be anyone’s business (particularly a sporting competition).
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

burnsy17 wrote:How is it the guy filming its fault?!

Ginni is the halfwit who decided to snort coke in a dunny.

I’m glad someone recorded it! Next time maybe he’ll think twice about snorting random chemicals in a dunny!
I’m not defending what Ginnivan did,but isn’t it illegal to film a person in a toilet cubicle?Surely that’s an invasion of privacy?
burnsy17
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by burnsy17 »

I’m sure it is too, but if the idiot wasn’t channeling his inner Pablo, we wouldn’t be having this discussion!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

David wrote:Thought we were past this nonsense, honestly. Shouldn’t be illegal and shouldn’t be anyone’s business (particularly a sporting competition).
but it is, and it is, so there that. while it is, if you want to earn an easy $700k a year, you need to abide by the rules.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Hiss
Been liked: 3 times

What omg

Post by Hiss »

I am still confused as to what criminal behaviour is acceptable by Collingwood players and what would warrant sacking? And who are the judges of such? From what I can see taking illegal drugs only warrants a minor penalty despite the damage these things do to our society. Young and dumb is no defence . Can anyone list what criminal behaviour is tolerated at Collingwood and what are the scale of penalties? Or are the drugs measured by weight then aligned to the sanction? If he had sold a small quantity, would that be a two week penalty? The point I make here warrants a serious discussion around the slippery slide problem normalising and trivialising criminal conduct . It now sets a precedent. Two weeks for taking illegal, yet socially acceptable drugs. Zero tolerance followed by weak sanctions! If we were really fair dinkum , 12 weeks with a massive fine is what sends the right message here.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
burnsy17
Been liked: 1 time

Post by burnsy17 »

As always Hiss, the voice of reason.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Meh. Dumb kid doing what dumb kids do. Surely a better way to do that than with every dick and harry with a phone. Whack is about right.
IMO won’t be best 22 by end of season anyway. Cmon Bobby!
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

PyreneesPie wrote:The other person I'm thinking about right now is Darcy and how he will handle this first hurdle in his captaincy. I'm betting/hoping that he will be like the CEO - calm, rational, well spoken about it all.
Behind the scenes, I cannot imagine he would do anything other than support and guide Ginni (and his team mates too) in a positive, rational, compassionate way.
I love that Collingwood hate the sin but see that the sinner has repented and they have shown the maturity and intelligence to avoid any knee jerk reaction (which I first had) to punish him further. I’m so enthused by our CEO’s dealing with this situation and I feel he has maintained a great balance between a punitive decision and a sensible outcome with a Win - Win scenario. We have a fabulous CEO who makes perfect decisions.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
What'sinaname
Been liked: 24 times

Post by What'sinaname »

David wrote:Thought we were past this nonsense, honestly. Shouldn’t be illegal and shouldn’t be anyone’s business (particularly a sporting competition).
But it is illegal and even if it was legal, it's against the AFL's illicit drug policy. As for anyone's business, sporting competitions like the AFL literally only exist for the public.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 24 times

Post by What'sinaname »

doriswilgus wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:How is it the guy filming its fault?!

Ginni is the halfwit who decided to snort coke in a dunny.

I’m glad someone recorded it! Next time maybe he’ll think twice about snorting random chemicals in a dunny!
I’m not defending what Ginnivan did,but isn’t it illegal to film a person in a toilet cubicle?Surely that’s an invasion of privacy?
Yes, I believe it is a criminal offence with up to 2 years jail as it was a private activity.
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

burnsy17 wrote:How is it the guy filming its fault?
Exactly burnsy17.

Is it the speed camera’s/radar gun’s fault that it filmed someone speeding?
Last edited by lazzadesilva on Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 166 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Unfortunately, the day AFL players worked out snorting powder didn’t negatively impact their skin folds, was the day it became rife in the AFL.
If you’re going to do this stuff, at least do it on your own private property and have your “ friends “ leave their phones at the door.
Oh and they should make sure they at least hitch their wagon to a reputable dealer. Im sure no one wants to take on a bad batch
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

I hope the other larrikin, Jordan DeGoey uses this incident to form a perspective point of view of how bad behaviour affected other people around him. If so, Jordan may be in a position to pass on some wisdom to the younger Ginni. In private maybe?
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by stui magpie »

Speed Camera operators don't hold the camera up over a toilet cubicle door to film whatever is going on in there.

The Herald Sun reported this morning that he was snorting Ketamine off a Key.

I doubt he carries baggies of Special K powder with him to training camps, so it suggests that he'd had a few drinks, someone sidled up and offered him a hit, he went with them to the toilets to do it and someone else was somehow clued up to film it over the cubicle door. Smells like a setup.

He's a naive 20 year old, he made a mistake, if he has the brains god blessed TP's namesake sheep with, he'll learn from this and I hope he does because he's a bloody good player and a key part of our forward set up.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.