Does anyone have this book - Ossie Rules by Richard Osborne?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Dr Pie wrote:
Presti35 wrote:So after everything, I actually got in contact with the co-author Michael Hyde. He replied within a couple hours and believes he will be able to get me a copy.

:D
That doesn't surprise me. Michael Hyde has been a friend of mine for over 50 years and is an extremely nice bloke. If I had seen your post when you originally posted it I would have contacted Michael for you.

Stremski's book was the first academic history of a VFL/AFL club and probably still the best (and not just because it is the history of the best club)
And 50 years is a long time. Is that you digger?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

Well I finally found a copy.

In fairly good condition too. And the best surprise of all was that it's signed inside the cover by Ossie himself.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!