#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Make JDG our next Captain, we could do a lot worse, he does have real Leadership qualities about him, I reckon. Plus, it would upset the lousy media who heaped shit on him, and upset other fans, an I love that prospect.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 307 times

Post by Jezza »

^ That's too much pressure on a young man like him, especially with the issues he's been tackling in his life.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ That - and the fact that he has no discernible leadership skills whatsoever - contraindicates making him captain.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Piesnchess wrote:Make JDG our next Captain, we could do a lot worse.
What a great campaign slogan :D
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ That - and the fact that he has no discernible leadership skills whatsoever - contraindicates making him captain.

I beg to differ, IMHO he does have real Leadership skills, with his inspiring play, kicks a marvelous goal, runs back to centre, arms and fists raised, Yelling out, " come on boys, stick it too em", that type of thing really lifts a team. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

You think getting excited about a good bit of play and revving up the troops is a captaincy quality? You can't be serious.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ I bet it has won teams Finals and Premierships and Finals , I have seen Sellwood do exactly that.

Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ You've seen everybody that's ever kicked a good goal in a final in the last 50 years do that. It's not a leadership skill.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I think formal leadership is overrated. Regardless of who is captain, on game day it's predominantly the experienced players who are required to 'steady the ship' or 'rally the troops into battle', depending on the state of the game. Thus, this year, without the 'captain' title, I expect Pendles to continue to play and lead as he has always done. Same goes for Howe, Moore, Elliott, Sidey, Checkers, Adams, Crisp and others.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

RudeBoy wrote:I think formal leadership is overrated. Regardless of who is captain, on game day it's predominantly the experienced players who are required to 'steady the ship' or 'rally the troops into battle', depending on the state of the game. Thus, this year, without the 'captain' title, I expect Pendles to continue to play and lead as he has always done. Same goes for Howe, Moore, Elliott, Sidey, Checkers, Adams, Crisp and others.
Well sorta. The captain needs to be articulate given the media responsibilities. You wouldn't want a smoke and shadows behind the windows kind of captain.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

What'sinaname wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I think formal leadership is overrated. Regardless of who is captain, on game day it's predominantly the experienced players who are required to 'steady the ship' or 'rally the troops into battle', depending on the state of the game. Thus, this year, without the 'captain' title, I expect Pendles to continue to play and lead as he has always done. Same goes for Howe, Moore, Elliott, Sidey, Checkers, Adams, Crisp and others.
Well sorta. The captain needs to be articulate given the media responsibilities. You wouldn't want a smoke and shadows behind the windows kind of captain.
You are right about the qualities needed for the media role. I guess I was referring to game day leadership, which is the most important.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

If you wanted purely for fronting media Darcy would be the man not Jordy
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

BazBoy wrote:If you wanted purely for fronting media Darcy would be the man not Jordy
BB, Jordy can articulate very intelligently when required........ as long as every second sentence is allowed to have "f..k" in it! :lol: :wink:
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

Jordy a good man regardless of the turbulence of his early years with us
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Quincy
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Quincy »

I think he will have his best ever season this year.