Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

skaman wrote:So a little fat kid , red haired, freckly faced ( theorietically), might dress up in a footy jumper of his hero.. say Ginnivan. Maybe Ginnivan may be offended and sue said Ginga? This is gettin ridiculous
Maybe the fat kid is an earlier version of Ginnivan. So he really is worshipping a future version of himself, but that future version is looking to sue the earlier version of himself.

Great Scott!
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

The OP’s grammar could do with some help too.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Pipes1970

Post by Pipes1970 »

I shudder to think where this society will be 20 years from now….. in fact I can’t believe I have been drawn into commenting on this absolute rubbish….
It doesn't matter what happens.... I just love this bloody club!
David
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

While this is obviously an absolute non-story, I think it says a little about the way we live now that real-life stories of serial killers can be exploited for entertainment purposes by being turned into TV shows, flogged relentlessly on multi-million dollar streaming services and proliferate through popular culture, yet it somehow becomes the individual's responsibility to respond to those symbols in a cautious, spot-on manner or else risk inviting opprobrium. 0% structural politics or questioning why things are the way they are, 100% policing and spying on our fellow community members in order to punish transgressions. Cool and normal!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

This is a Kane Cornes thread incognito.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
What'sinaname
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

David wrote:While this is obviously an absolute non-story, I think it says a little about the way we live now that real-life stories of serial killers can be exploited for entertainment purposes by being turned into TV shows, flogged relentlessly on multi-million dollar streaming services and proliferate through popular culture, yet it somehow becomes the individual's responsibility to respond to those symbols in a cautious, spot-on manner or else risk inviting opprobrium. 0% structural politics or questioning why things are the way they are, 100% policing and spying on our fellow community members in order to punish transgressions. Cool and normal!
Yes, I'd prefer what we currently have compared to any / more Government intervention.

Netflix did the same with Narcos - glorifying a mass murderer for entertainment. No one had a problem with that.
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Gini is either gay or extremely gay-friendly, so this is a silly scandal.

I appreciate why the families are upset in general, but why not protest Netflix for capitalising on the events? Rather than some random athlete following the lead of pop culture.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
Presti35
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Presti35 »

A pathetic attempt at Pie bashing if ever I've see it. Please.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Croat Pie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Croat Pie »

LOL.... reaching!

It was a great series too!
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

sherrife wrote:Gini is either gay or extremely gay-friendly, so this is a silly scandal.
WTF! That’s a reach and a half
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

Croat Pie wrote:LOL.... reaching!

It was a great series too!
Yep fascinating, hard to believe he got away with so much, I confess I find movies about the various oddball serial killers fascinating. To crazy to be made up!

The various Narcos series are my guilty pleasure!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Born to Pie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Someone please point me to the list of what is and isn't appropriate, I don't seem to have it.

Of course we need to stay woke, and remember offending one means everyone is offended, remember my truth or your truth are the facts, even if they're not factual.

We need to look for reasons to be offended, and protect those that don't seem to be offended themselves.

Dressing up as someone doesn't mean you are making a statement, agreeing with their actions, politics or opinions, in this case it was Halloween.

We will need to have a list published for next year on what you can and can't go as.

And Ginni's IQ being questioned could considered offensive (refer OP), he's a footballer not a doctor.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Ginni’s actually a victim, of serial killers who decapitate their victims in bad tackles.

Gutter licking clickbait tabloid crap, ignore it
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

sherrife wrote:Gini is either gay or extremely gay-friendly.
Wow that’s an extremely long bow.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️