#17 Billy Frampton

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

He's spent most of his time on an AFL list being viewed as a forward/ruck option has he not and it's only in the last 18 months or so that he's been switched to defence and seemingly begun to blossom as a player.

For a 3rd round selection Frampton the soon to be 26yo 201cm 99kg key defender appears worth taking a chance on.

Hopefully the experience of McRae, Leppitsch, Howe and Moore can see him improve his areas of weakness so he can find a better balance between being an intercept and negating defender. Will need to improve that tackle count also.

While none of us are expecting him to ever be anywhere near as good as Moore in his six senior games this season he still stacked up well in some areas when compared to Darcy.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=S&fid2=S
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

He did have 14 disposals and kicked 3 goals in his 2nd game back in 2019.

Seems like he may be versatile but we use him as a defender.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Get a Roughead vibe from Billy. And he’s younger than Roughie was when we got him.
Rick
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Rick »

I wonder who will have first claim to fullback, Charlie Dean or Frampton?
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

think positive wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Here comes Billy!
bugger, now i have to remember Billy is really Jamie!

but welcome indeed!

Frampton comes alive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmURPX-zwGo
could always call Billy, Pete when he comes alive?
Go Pies !!!!
Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

Billies for bookends
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

I liked what I saw of him in SANFL this year where he played HB.

A mate of mine is involved with North Adelaide FC. He's also a big Crows supporter. North Ad played Crows reserves in the SANFL pre-lim.

I asked him why Crows didn't play Frampton more in the seniors as a defender given how well he played there.

He said that is his absolute best position. He said Nth Adelaide beat them in the finals to get into the Granny and their whole plan from Jacob Surjan was around beating Frampton at half back… Eg run someone with him. They did that and won but he still got 28 disposals and bog.

He also said Crows fans can’t stand him but they never played him in his best position. The reserves did which is even more bizarre as its the same club

He said he's also got a bit of cheek in him like Ginnavan.

Other than Mitchell who is ready made - I think he could be our best pick-up and a real surprise packet.
--
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

All I want from him is to be a lockdown FB. If he can also do intercept marking and rebounding then absolute bonus.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
slangman
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

MJ23 wrote:I liked what I saw of him in SANFL this year where he played HB.

A mate of mine is involved with North Adelaide FC. He's also a big Crows supporter. North Ad played Crows reserves in the SANFL pre-lim.

I asked him why Crows didn't play Frampton more in the seniors as a defender given how well he played there.

He said that is his absolute best position. He said Nth Adelaide beat them in the finals to get into the Granny and their whole plan from Jacob Surjan was around beating Frampton at half back… Eg run someone with him. They did that and won but he still got 28 disposals and bog.

He also said Crows fans can’t stand him but they never played him in his best position. The reserves did which is even more bizarre as its the same club

He said he's also got a bit of cheek in him like Ginnavan.

Other than Mitchell who is ready made - I think he could be our best pick-up and a real surprise packet.
--
That is fantastic to hear. As many other clubs have shown, a very good state league defender is the most likely to have an immediate impact.
Let’s hope that you’re correct and he becomes a younger version of Dunn or Roughead.
- Side By Side -
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

internet whiners are never far away.

Collingwood was bagged at nauseum, for not trying the likes of Jake Riccardi or Jackson Callow(twice) lol

We now have these birds in hand, in the form of McStay and Frampton, but now it's not a good thing, they are not guns!
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Clemo wrote:
think positive wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Here comes Billy!
bugger, now i have to remember Billy is really Jamie!

but welcome indeed!

Frampton comes alive!

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Appears to be a good kick too
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

SteveG wrote:
Clemo wrote:
think positive wrote: bugger, now i have to remember Billy is really Jamie!

but welcome indeed!

Frampton comes alive!

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Great highlights.
This guy looks really exciting. Great leap, great marking ability, great athleticism and tackling pressure.
Looking forward to next year.
Welcome, Billy Frampton!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins