2022 Trade Period. (COMPLETED)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

warburton lad wrote:From a player management point of view I suggest the following:

* Taylor Adams needs to be given the optimum amount of time to overcome his surgery and be at peak fitness before he plays again,

* Tom Mitchell is regarded as an elite trainer and will be a great role-model for the younger Magpies on the track.

* Whilst Mitchell is renowned for his ball-getting abilities, there is a (small) knock on him for short kicks to no obvious advantage- moving forward, this is something that our coaches will need to work on.

* MacRae, McInnes, McMahon, McCreery, Ginnivan, Bobby Hill, Lipinski, Nick Daicos and other potential younger mids will all benefit from watching a Brownlow Medallist go about his business.

* Like Dangerfield, Mitchell is driven by his pursuit of Premiership success- I would like to think that all Nicksters recognise this as his motivation for coming to Collingwood and give the guy some clear air to show us what he brings.

I have always been a fan and am only just growing back the hair I tore out when he gathered over 50 possessions one night against us at The 'G'.

Welcome to Collingwood, Tom...
Bang on, Lad. Great post.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Pies4shaw wrote:For goodness' sake, it isn't hard to handball 3 metres sideways. Mitchell will kill our momentum. This has all the hallmarks of being Wright's Malthouse/Dale Thomas moment - getting the band back together - save that Daisy once was a brilliant footballer, whereas Mitchell has always been a waste of $$%^%%$ space.
That is one opinion among many. My take is that on the whole, this trade has more benefits than negatives for us and deals with an identified deficit. I don’t think any trade is 100% fail proof, it’s always more about assessing the risks and success index. As many have said, Nicksters opinions are great for debate here but the club has the best information on its own needs and the requirements for filling the gaps. Happy to leave this stuff to the club and I will play my usual role of supporting their decisions for the reasons stated above. Ultimately only time can properly assess the success or failure.
WL you are proving to be an incredibly astute poster on these deals and it’s a breath of fresh air to read your views. Many thanks.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
jatsad
Been liked: 16 times

Post by jatsad »

For those that are interested, we agreed to pay $130,000 for the next 5 years for Grundy.

However, this will be paid up front clearing the decks.

All in all, much better than a 3 pick upgrade.
Jatsad - That is all
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

^ That’s a good deal
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dave The Man »

Last Day of Trade Period is annoying as we all know the Trades will only be Announced in the TV Show on FOX FOOTY tonight
I am Da Man
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

jatsad wrote:For those that are interested, we agreed to pay $130,000 for the next 5 years for Grundy.

I’m interested to know where this is published.

Or is it just a rumour??

If true, it’s an amazing outcome.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Doing the rounds on social media but honestly who cares? Its done now.
Bringing in Mitchell would almost equate to turning Grundy into Mitchell given Hawks are paying some of his salary the next year or so. One of our expendable ruckman (you dont need 3) into an inside mid which was a gap, hopefully meaning we still have cash to burn AND we get the 27 pick.
I personally think we're up. If Grundy was only on 700, thats a different story.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:For goodness' sake, it isn't hard to handball 3 metres sideways. Mitchell will kill our momentum. This has all the hallmarks of being Wright's Malthouse/Dale Thomas moment - getting the band back together - save that Daisy once was a brilliant footballer, whereas Mitchell has always been a waste of $$%^%%$ space.
That is one opinion among many. My take is that on the whole, this trade has more benefits than negatives for us and deals with an identified deficit. I don’t think any trade is 100% fail proof, it’s always more about assessing the risks and success index. As many have said, Nicksters opinions are great for debate here but the club has the best information on its own needs and the requirements for filling the gaps. Happy to leave this stuff to the club and I will play my usual role of supporting their decisions for the reasons stated above. Ultimately only time can properly assess the success or failure.
WL you are proving to be an incredibly astute poster on these deals and it’s a breath of fresh air to read your views. Many thanks.
Well, if you're "happy to leave it to the club" and don't want to express a view, what's the point of even posting on the topic?
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by piffdog »

burnsy17 wrote:
jatsad wrote:For those that are interested, we agreed to pay $130,000 for the next 5 years for Grundy.

I’m interested to know where this is published.

Or is it just a rumour??

If true, it’s an amazing outcome.
We'll never know for sure, but if that's the legacy, then it goes some way to explaining the pick we got. If this residual is for one year, and Treloar's is gone (as some have suggested) then we should be well placed going forward.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Going to be an interesting final hour!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Going to be an interesting final hour!
No Trades are allowed until 3pm this afternoon
I am Da Man
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

AFL will make a staged production just like they do with Brownlow
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Dave The Man wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Going to be an interesting final hour!
No Trades are allowed until 3pm this afternoon
Yes I know. Final hour of the whole trade period, not today
think better
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

BazBoy wrote:AFL will make a staged production just like they do with Brownlow
And the lawyers might figure just as prominently
I think therefore I think - I think
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Talk going around that we have Agreed to Trade Henry to the Cats but not sure what for
I am Da Man