2022 Trade Period. (COMPLETED)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

gurugeoff wrote:
Haff wrote:Can someone explain the Bowes trade for me? Why did GC add in pick 7?
because no one would take him on otherwise [heavily back ended contract which needs to be paid in the next 2 years]

that being said, he might not be a bad player either - was touted as a potential number 1 draft pick in 2016
Decent player, not great, did the right thing by the club after signing a contract and allowed them to push payments back until they just couldn't afford them.

As you say, they could try to trade him for a 3rd round pick and pay half his salary or to get a club to take on his whole salary they could throw in a sweetener. Pick 7 is a hell of a sweetener and puts the Grundy and Treloar trades in context.

We may have got unders for both as far as draft picks go, but we didn't resort to offloading a top 10 pick in the bargain.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

Let’s see how the club,players & footy department go next year

The recruiting & moving on just might improve us. Not that Grundy had a hand in our eventual string of wins this season
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

"AFL Mitchell trade to Collingwood “tracking well” as deadline looms"

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/10/11/ ... ine-looms/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
"AFL Mitchell trade to Collingwood “tracking well” as deadline looms"

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/10/11/ ... ine-looms/
Some good news before I go to sleep tonight!
Born to Pie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Just putting it out there 2022 disposal efficiency (DE%):

Tom Mitchel DE% 70.80, Pendles 74.96, Nick Daicos 75.62, Josh Daicos 70.21, Pat Lipinski 69.87, Steele Sidebottom 69.49, DeGoey 69.12, Jack Crisp 66.12, Tay Adams 59.77

2021 Tom Mitchel DE% 74.56
2020 Tom Mitchel DE% 75.75
2019 Tom Mitchel DE% DNP Injured
2018 Tom Mitchel DE% 71.95
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

For goodness' sake, it isn't hard to handball 3 metres sideways. Mitchell will kill our momentum. This has all the hallmarks of being Wright's Malthouse/Dale Thomas moment - getting the band back together - save that Daisy once was a brilliant footballer, whereas Mitchell has always been a waste of damn space.
Presti35
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Presti35 »

Currently we have picks 16, 27, 41, 50, 51.

I wonder if 50 and 51 would be of interest to a team with father-son points to look out for?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Our clearance work this year was at stages pretty poor. We cannot rely on Adams to play more than half the season, especially given his history of soft tissue complaints.
I think our close wins this year helped gloss over this weakness in our games.
Mitchell is has some failings but he is a contested ball beast and for the right price we should take him.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Presti35
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Presti35 »

mattdally wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Chasing big fish next year apparently.
Which fish would that be?
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/out ... ?year=2023

Next years uncontracted players.

Maybe we could go for this Seedsman or Keeffe guy. Have heard good things.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by piffdog »

Pies4shaw wrote:Mitchell has always been a waste of $$%^%%$ space.
So a Brownlow is meaningless?
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times

Post by warburton lad »

From a player management point of view I suggest the following:

* Taylor Adams needs to be given the optimum amount of time to overcome his surgery and be at peak fitness before he plays again,

* Tom Mitchell is regarded as an elite trainer and will be a great role-model for the younger Magpies on the track.

* Whilst Mitchell is renowned for his ball-getting abilities, there is a (small) knock on him for short kicks to no obvious advantage- moving forward, this is something that our coaches will need to work on.

* MacRae, McInnes, McMahon, McCreery, Ginnivan, Bobby Hill, Lipinski, Nick Daicos and other potential younger mids will all benefit from watching a Brownlow Medallist go about his business.

* Like Dangerfield, Mitchell is driven by his pursuit of Premiership success- I would like to think that all Nicksters recognise this as his motivation for coming to Collingwood and give the guy some clear air to show us what he brings.

I have always been a fan and am only just growing back the hair I tore out when he gathered over 50 possessions one night against us at The 'G'.

Welcome to Collingwood, Tom...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Warburton lad made a good point. Mitchell is an elite trainer. McStay also has a reputation for being a driver on the track and pushing others to go harder. We’re changing our training culture as much as filling gaps in our main squad. Although I remember Jason Wilde always going hard at training…
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Reckon we trade Henry for 25+33 and then Trade 27 or 33 for Mitchell
I am Da Man
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

piffdog wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:Mitchell has always been a waste of $$%^%%$ space.
So a Brownlow is meaningless?
P4S needs a valium.
It'll be ok mate.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Pies4shaw wrote:For goodness' sake, it isn't hard to handball 3 metres sideways. Mitchell will kill our momentum. This has all the hallmarks of being Wright's Malthouse/Dale Thomas moment - getting the band back together - save that Daisy once was a brilliant footballer, whereas Mitchell has always been a waste of $$%^%%$ space.
Rubbish. The bloke has won a brownlow medal and I've watched him impact games in a big way several times. You're speaking crap with sweeping generalisations.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!