#41 Brody Mihocek

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Onya Checkers, love to see you boot four goals today, and rattle those ol Cats backs, along with all our forwards, rip into them.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Go well Checkers
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Fantastic! Was there for perhaps his first game in black and white at Manuka in a preseason game against the Giants, must of been 2018, he stood out for his endeavor and play reading.

Now, about children; does he have a partner, and are they sporty?
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

So happy for my favourite player! Well done Checkers, 100 games! Your frequent brilliance, perseverance, encouragement to our young players and leadership on the field has been immense. I hope you have a blinder today.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Fantastic! Was there for perhaps his first game in black and white at Manuka in a preseason game against the Giants, must of been 2018, he stood out for his endeavor and play reading.

Now, about children; does he have a partner, and are they sporty?
I hear 90nice presented him with his jumper for his first game.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Drop Mihocek

Post by inxs88 »

Sorry but whether you're unfit or out of form it equals the same outcome which is "ineffective". Hasn't produced for 8 weeks.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
rambler

Post by rambler »

Checkers has taken some huge hits for the team in the second half of the season and it's obviously taken its toll. He may have to do a Presti in 2010 and admit that he can't give 100% for the team. I like Krueger as a tall forward against Freos not so tall backline. And i'm getting the sense that Fly and Leppa are leaning that way.
Just a quick side issue, can Fly be questioned for not planting big Cox in the goalsquare in the last ten minutes.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Good calls Rambler
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
burnsy17
Has liked: 1 time

Post by burnsy17 »

No way he’ll be dropped.

Yeah, he’s out of form and looks pretty banged up…. But he’s of of the pillars the side is built around and he has to stay.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Big no from me. He stays in.
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Personally, I’m not sure it’s as much about dropping Miochek but more about finding a way to bring Krueger into the 22.
I would rather offer some additional on field support to Miocheks role, than drop him. I keep going back to Cox only playing 45% game time and very little of that in the forward line ( Cox did not pick up one possession inside our own forward 50 ) That says to me the coach no longer sees him as a forward option. If there’s a chance of rain, Cox automatically struggles even more because of the restrictions wearing glasses.
I also don’t buy into the Krueger isn’t fit enough thinking. He’s fit enough alright, otherwise he wouldn’t be picked as the sub when there’s always the possibility of coming on five mins into the game. What Krueger is lacking is touch but he’s mobile and quickish and the game will likely be played at ground level this week. I reckon there’s more chance of Cox being omitted than Miochek and if the Cox replacement is Krueger, that can only be of benefit to Miochek. Krueger can also relieve in the ruck for 5 mins every quarter, albeit badly. We also dont rely on winning centre clearances to win games of footy, so while it’s always preferable to get first use, we clearly have the defence to win it back and then then launch the other way.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

I don’t want to bag the bloke but I’ve been leaning towards him to be dropped for quite some time now but because of experience and not he’s goal kicking or decision making. I called for Krueger to be he’s replacement for the match against geebung just for him to be rested and if we won the match he would have been forced a 4 week rest/rehab recovery.
Krueger was also vulnerable with basically zero match fitness so it’s understandable to see why he was a medi-sub only but this week may be different.
Checkers according to some regular track watchers are saying has a hip complaint.
no second chances
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

rambler wrote:Checkers has taken some huge hits for the team in the second half of the season and it's obviously taken its toll. He may have to do a Presti in 2010 and admit that he can't give 100% for the team. I like Krueger as a tall forward against Freos not so tall backline. And i'm getting the sense that Fly and Leppa are leaning that way.
Just a quick side issue, can Fly be questioned for not planting big Cox in the goalsquare in the last ten minutes.
Totally agree Checkers was giving us nothing Coxy would have been a harder match up for their Backs.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Checker's role is more than just kicking goals. I dare say the coaching team are satisifed with his role (but of course everyone would like him to kick more).
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

he doesnt need dropping, he needs support. have a look at a lot of forwards who barely get touched by opposition players, because there are other forwards taking the defenders too. he works his arse off, just needs a breather in between. and maybe some target practice!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!