Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Payback for 50 years of misery I reckon. After almost a decade Carlton was 1 point away from making the finals. You couldn’t have scripted a payback any sweeter.

Dane Swan is in fine form on Twitter tonight…….
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

Donny wrote:Has a team EVER missed the finals, after being in the top 8 all year ?
In the 8 for all but 102 seconds of the season and miss by 1pt. You couldn’t have scripted it any better other than Elliot doing it after the siren.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton...

When Carlton were 'certainties' for the top 8 :lol:
Onya shit for brains De Goey.
Here we go
@#$%&! yes!
The crowd’s behind us, let’s go!!!!
The last 5min has been fantastic
Harry!!
Go on with... please don't break our hearts... please
Crowd officially out of control
“Premiership quarter”
Onya Charlie.

Great handball from Cripps.
Let's break some doggie hearts boys
Red time special (Carlton's way)

Motlop wowee.
@#$%&! yes!!
The last time we kicked 8 goals in the 3rd qtr against the Pies was the 1970 Grand Final.
Can't fault a single player that qtr... more of that please
Let's see what they have learnt from last week, because we know the Pies are coming.
Let's see 8)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

BigFooty (Carlton)...

Before Carlton hearts were broken :lol:
unfreakingbelievable
The premiership quarter

This takes me back to the good old days when they used to wake Dom up at half time....
Im frothing...
There it is

8 goals qtr :D
Win or lose we need to be ******* proud of this team.

Gutsy AF

GO Blues!!!
Wow what a quarter. Keep going boys, don't let them back in it.
What a ******* qtr
Wow thats all i can say
Premiership qtr

Take us to September now boys
I’m bloody excited!!!

Well done boys

Efforts & intensity = 8 goals qtr

What’s not to like :D
Best quarter of the year~
Sensational!!!
Well ******* done. One more quarter. Keep it up boys.
GO BAGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* YEAH!
My heart is pounding. What a quarter!
Premiership farging quarter! I ******* love this club!
Thats’s nearly a perfect quarter of footy.
MASSIVE MASSIVE QUARTER OF PURE EFFORT
What a quarter! Our leaders stepped up big time. Come on boys- 30 more minutes!!!!!
Now go out and win the last quarter !!!
Best quarter for the year, set us up for a finals position … if we want it.

Up to us here, hope we have learned from last week and show more composure as it gets tight.

Loving the effort
C!mon boys keep going

Earning our finals :D
The anger on the boys faces shows the intensity that us supporters wear every week, it's fantastic to see.
Game not sealed, pies more than capable of running over the top of us. Need to maintain the rage.
Now we get to see how the team handles some finals type pressure
They’re building up my hopes just to hurt me.
:lol:
What a quarter, pies usually keep coming though.

Get first 2 of the last and we are there.
Please don’t go back into your shells. They cannot stand up to our best football, so keep hitting them straight between the eyes. If we lose I don’t give a s**t, just don’t go back to conservative football
They shat their dacks
Moore kicking anywhere
Pendles under pressure
Sideass, under pressure

Keep it up blues
We got them

More of the same pls
after watching that quarter I'm convinced Cripps wants finals
Bring it home boys - don’t give them a sniff!
Wow what a quarter

Cmon boys…I believe…you believe…we believe
Please give me this hahah
Get ready gang.

Collingwood are going to throw hell at us.

How good is this!!!
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

Jezza this is wonderfull! The suspense is killing me for the last quarter!!!
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton...

Heartbreak :lol:
Insane levels of choking. @#$%&! this club!
All we had to do was kick straight but no, not Carlton.
I can’t watch!!!!

(but I must)
Charlie Curnow is the dumbest footballer. What was that
If blowing these kind of games is a learning experience we'll be @#$%&! Rhodes Scholars in '23.
Bloody chokers!
Zero composure

zero
Choke
I hate you Carlton
F........this club!!
Charlie Curnow hand the contract back. @#$%&! disgraceful. I feel no pride in this team whatsoever. Absolutely pathetic.
You dirty rotten bloody chokers.
Incredibly dumb footballers
0 bloody 6 in the last qtr................IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&! @#$%&!
@#$%&! this team!!!!!!
@#$%&! this club

Sums up our season... 1 qtr of good football... 3 mediocre

What a @#$%&! disaster of a season
There is nothing more Carlton than that finish
I hope that burns in every player and coaches guts all summer and deep into next season!
Every little thing makes a difference!
In every match.
Gutted….3rd quarter got my hopes up
Needed a point to draw and Doc kicks it out of bounds, then Durden does pretty much the same thing straight to a filth player. @#$%&! choking cauliflower!
It’s up there in terms of biggest choke of all time. Have been choking for the last two months

So so disappointing

Spend big and get a proper mental assessment of this club

The supporters can’t take much more
I've been bullish and optimistic all year, but... nup. This club is broken. Mentally broken. Wipe the slate clean, move to Tasmania, @#$%&! it all. I've had the worst few days of my life and these cauliflower have kicked the shit out of my corpse. @#$%&! you!!!
Why go to the pocket when any score gets us through.
No @#$%&! words.

Incredibly dumb footballers.

Shattered beyond shattered.
No flower mad Monday for these cauliflower !!!
Pre-season starts tomorrow !!!

Not @#$%&! good enough !!
Can’t call that a successful season.

Butchered and wasted opportunities all year long.
Well, at least we don't have to worry about losing any finals this year.
Haven't worried for the last 9 seasons :lol:
You know, last week did me in.

Feeling nothing right now. Almost relieved.
8-2

Miss finals 12-10 due to percentage

Waste
Missed out on 8 by 0.6%

@#$%&!
As angry as I am, I actually think it’s a better result than us winning to face Brisbane in Brisbane. Go blues
The eternal optimist :lol:
HAHAHAHA.

So entirely predictable. Even at three quarter time.

HAHAHAHA.
21 years away from Melbourne staying loyal throughout and they finally broke me. Not sure footy is worth the aggravation!
Sigh… see you next year…
Enjoy your September holidays :lol:
They had a lesson last week, why didn't they learn??!!!!! No good be a decent footballer if you are an idiot!!!
Had more disposals
Inside 50 65 to 44
Won contested possession by 54
Won the clearances
Had more shots on goal.

But lose

Hire a new head shrink I have been saying it for years. They are mentally week
They just keep doing it to us, they just break our hearts time and time again. Kicked 0.6. in the last. At three quarter time my wife said they're going to win. I replied, "I'll relax when we're 24 points up with a minute to go. Not 24 points up at three quarter time."

When Doc kicked out on full, I jumped off the couch screaming "anything, anything but that"! I knew then we'd lose. Then Durdin; oh my god. Some of those shots for goal....

I kept thinking, "surely they aren't going to throw another one away. Surely they aren't going to break our hearts again". Silly me. Of course they will.
The look on Doc and Cripps' faces at a centre bounce after yet another Coll goal. They looked spiritless. They looked defeated already. Zero leadership.
We choked against the one team who you can't choke against.
I CANNOT BELIEVE, FOR ONE MINUTE, WE HAVE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WHO WERE ACTUALLY HOPING FOR CARLTON TO LOSE TODAY.

People wanting us not to make the finals, at the same time wanting Collingwood to have a double chance.
I……… just……… can’t.
I..........just........can.
Speechless....................

All year, we been in the 8, we were dreaming of a top 4 only a month a go and now its all gone....... How can this happen?

We have Choked in a way no other team has done....

Is this it?????????????????????? that was a quick year!!
When does the Test Cricket start?
Gutted.
Getting to a winning position is great, but don’t know how to put the foot down, nor composure………top of Christmas list please.
Gutted.

Still 100% Carlton.
We thought Essendon* had a bad week.
I just got off the train at Caulfield.
The sombre feeling of the supporters is overwhelming. :(
I'll believe this team has learned some @#$%&! thing when their pea brains show even the faintest flicker of neural activity. Until then, this failure and humiliation hangs on all of us like raw sewage. @#$%&! losing in this fashion, @#$%&! it right up the clacker.
Learned exactly 12/10ths of nothing from last week. Mental dwarves. Anyone who’s followed this club longer than 30 seconds knew this was going to happen.

Why are we so predictably weak?
Why can’t any leader stand up and take control?
Why did we all know we were going to choke this?
Why is near enough considered good enough?
Where to from here?

Last week I thought for the first time after the game that the players gave a @#$%&!
Now I feel like this is a line in the sand moment, a pain that should spur them onto greatness next season but I’ve been saying that for so long that I just don’t know anymore.

At what point do they say enough is enough and make their fate?
At what point can we finally shake off our Carlton PTSD and believe they can do what is expected?

Another season of waste. Before the season I predicted we would either finish 8th or 9th, either by percentage or not. But after what was shown earlier this season, this has been the biggest pricktease since the nightclub scene in my late teens.

Inconsolable. @#$%&! this.

“There’s always next season”
I think in the off season our dumb players need to spend as much time in the footy classroom as on the training field. Durdin and Charlie can do extra hours.
yep sad and so so sick of this frustration at a club that finds new ways of handing out showbags of despair.

whats the Carlton version of colliwobbles - carltichokes?

Bluebaggers become Bluesaggers....
The only solace I take out of this is these 2 games were finals type games. Just have to hope the dumb cauliflower learn over summer.
What’s smaller their heart or their brains
Eight years into a rebuild and still haven’t made finals

Not sure if we are ever going to arrive

Something stinks in this club

I have no faith that we will take the next step next year
Collingwood have won 9 games this season by single digits! That’s remarkable.

The third quarter was brilliant, Charlie kicks that goal early in the last and I reckon we run away. As it was, we should have scunged a draw in the last couple of minutes.

Anyway, it wasn’t meant to be.

It absolutely sucks we didn’t make the finals, but going to the footy in 2022 has been fun (mostly). Yes, we need to get better, and we definitely need to look at our injury prevention/management, but there’s no need for the doom & gloom.
Gutted, just feel numb
So many chances in the last - Charlie and Durdin, just wow - any composure and we win
So pissed off at this team, coulda, woulda, shoulda - but didn't
20 more inside 50s - just no one up forward who can handle the pressure.....
It was predictable Coll would come back. We needed to show more dare and didn't.
Horrible day that will burn all summer.
It’s doom and gloom for me

Should have comfortably consolidated a position in the eight

Instead we have choked and embarrassed ourselves

The AFL competition stands still for no one so you take your opportunities when they present themselves
Chokers.
The whole lot of them.
End of story.
Amazing game. Could and should of won. Like last week. Huge progression and the hurt will propel us next year. It hurts. But we are almost good enough this year, and as sh@t as it is, next year we will be ready.
Love this team, and the club. We are close. Just let’s not leave it to the last week next year. Onwards and up
The problem is there are clubs who finished below us who you can easily argue will be better than Carlton next year.

The truth is you haven't got a second to lose.
Heartbreak , demoralized and emptiness are the emotions now.
Bulldogs oh wait they finished above...
Collingwood oh wait they finished above...
Richmond oh wait they too...
So they didn’t learn from last week. So f#$&ing dumb they are. I personally blame curnow. Shit kicking for goal. No composure. He had a short kick to durdin but kicks long to no one. They get it , rebound and little c#$t Elliot kicks it to put em up. Keep the @#$%&! ball you dumb f#$*s
Thought we’d lose going in, the first half cemented that thought and then of course they gave us some hope only to rip it away.
The mental deterioration is not surprising. Who are the big game players on this list? I think I read Collingwood had 9 guys playing who have played in a GF. We have a bunch of guys who have lost repeatedly for up to 9 years (depending on when they got to the club).
Cripps can hold his head up high. Been our best player in probably all of the past 4 games.
Charlie and Harry came up short. Not up to it mentally.
Coaches need to rework the game plan a bit. We can score when dominating stoppage but don’t have a method to move the ball efficiently from defensive 50 to forward 50. Collingwood showed us up in this area.
You can only hope the players use this as motivation across the pre season but they will probably won’t as it is Carlton.
I thought last week was bad, this really takes the cake.
I am lost for words.
So many dumb decisions in that last quarter, just needed a bit of composure.
So many what ifs this season. In the end only have ourselves to blame for missing the finals. I'm numb. You could see it coming from so far away. We are truly cursed. See you all in 6 months... maybe.
I think Carlton has broken me. I don’t think I will continue to be invested in this BS anymore. I said it when Bolton was coach but I gave them another shot and paid the money for a membership and the spit in our face
I am reading some comments online about todays game.
One was pretty funny;
"When I die, I want Carlton to lower me into my grave, so I can be let down one last time."
I'm moving past numb into @#$%&! angry now. We have so many dumb arse players with zero footy IQ.

Durdin ... what the @#$%&!?

Charlie 2.5 and [REDACTED] up snap after snap. You know what? These kicks don't hold up under pressure. When we needed you, you blew it.

22 weeks in the 8 and miss finals. That is [REDACTED]. Don't give me your be proud nonsense. We as fans have every right to be @#$%&! livid with this failure. Absolute failure. I don't care how much they tried. Cut it any way you like, we shit the bed and grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory.

The pain this club causes is fans is beyond a joke
In short, I see today as the end result of a season equal parts hubris, schadenfreude, arrogance, incompetence, unaccountability, stupidity and mental weakness.

"Who gives a shit about percentage? We won!"
After we gave up big leads earlier in the year to scrape over the line. Could've done with some of that today, eh? And people wonder why there's a perception that we're satisfied with mediocrity, or doing just enough.

"It's just bad luck it can't be helped" or "We're just cursed"
Any time yet another player goes down with a serious injury, hurts themselves at training or pulls out on the day of a game. How many years does this shit continue before bad luck simply doesn't @#$%&! cut it as an excuse anymore?

"We're focused on our process, and haven't even mentioned finals"
Is this why we only decide to show up in do-or-die games against top opposition but couldn't give less of a @#$%&! against weaker opposition (Adelaide, St Kilda, Gold Coast)? Do you think the team we played today weren't sold on the possibility of what they could achieve if they simply gave their all and played for each other, and not just "following a process"? Also, who the @#$%&! are we to expect to simply roll over anyone??

"We would've only been making up the numbers in finals anyway, better we lost"
If you think that a club that has been starved of finals for a decade would gain nothing from shooting that albatross, you've mastered the art of denial.

"We don't need [Player X] because of our no-dickheads policy"
I'm as guilty as anyone of this one, but maybe it's high time we injected some cauliflower into this team. And if we can't do it internally, maybe we need to find it somewhere else.

"Dropping a heart and soul player like [Player X] sends a bad message to the rest of the team"
@#$%&! em. If a player getting dropped is enough to make you drop your bundle, @#$%&! right off.

"The players are mentally prepared each week"

"We have strong leaders"

"Just wait until......."
Still @#$%&! waiting....

"The players are hurting right now"
Clearly not @#$%&! enough, and certainly not as much as we do. If that were the case, why do they continue to put themselves in positions to get hurt all over again? Get them to stand behind M1 in the Southern Stand and experience what the supporters have to endure because of their incompetence, laziness or @#$%&! ups. Instead of being escorted to the cocoon of the change rooms before retreating to their giant houses as they begin their mad Monday and holiday preparations. Or at least show us you @#$%&! hurt, and instead of giving a rehearsed interview look down the barrel of the camera and say "We let you down. We failed you. And we will do everything in our power to make sure this doesn't happen again.

"If you were offered 12-10 and 9th at the start of the year, you'd take that"
Not after an 8-3 start. KPI's in all facets of life need to be reviewed based on the situation at the time.

"They'll learn from this" or "This will burn them for next year"
They should be Harvard @#$%&! graduates with the amount of experiences they'll "learn from", or look like a suitless Darth Vader with the number of times they've "burned".

"We're still proud of what the boys have achieved"
8 @#$%&! years since the beginning of our latest rebuild, and we still can't even make finals. While on this topic...

"Look at Melbourne and Richmond, they missed finals and won a flag the next year"
Both teams made @#$%&! finals in the years before missing out!!!

"The umpires don't treat us any differently to other teams"
Exhibit A: Lynch last night
Exhibit B: What you saw today

I could go on and on...

So what is my point from all of these ramblings? All of the above have been uttered by players, coaches and supporters throughout the year (and prior), and all demonstrate a mindset based on excuses, lack of accountability and a satisfaction with mediocrity.

How can we expect actions to change if the narrative never does?

I don't have the answers, as none of us do. But I think we can all agree that as supporters and members we have nothing more to give.
At some point the talk needs to stop.
The excuses, platitudes and cliches need to stop.
They need to be replaced by ruthlessness and a demand for excellence in everything we do.
They need to be replaced by a dissatisfaction not only in missing finals, but in watching two other teams play for the @#$%&! flag.

I want to believe that the club has it in them to make this a reality, but forgive me if I need some more @#$%&! convincing.

OUT
If we didn't have the big 3rd quarter and kick and get 4 goals up we wouldn't be so filthy now.
0.6 to 5.1 in the last. McKay and Charlie main culprits 2.3 and 2.5 respectively. They can shove their Colemans where the sun don’t shine. Individual accolades don’t help the footy through the big posts. They need to understand the value of a goal and aim to get 70-80% of their shots through the big sticks.
Let’s repeat. 4 goals up at 3/4 time with momentum and 0.6 to 5.1 in the last. Inexcusable,learned nothing from last week other than to shit themselves. Should never ever ever lose a game set up like that.
Loved Cerra’s game 2 big goals and just class and toughness.
Devastated like the rest of you
10 year old granddaughter in tears at the ground after the game. Two year old grandson when I arrived home asking me if I’m sad are you still sad grandad.
@#$%&! me
I reckon this loss might be the making of us. This will burn all summer long. Cue Eye of the Tiger Rocky training montage
We have a list of players who, with very few exceptions have experienced very little success in their AFL careers.

Winning culture, how do you instill that in a club? Not just the expectation of success, but the confidence to prevail when the going gets tough. You could see from around twelve minutes to go in the last quarter that it was a case of can we hang on, the team reasserting control and kicking away seemed very unlikely.

So many terrible first quarters this year, so many quarters where we have been held goal less. Our best is very good, but the inconsistency across four quarters has been a real weakness.

I couldn't care less who takes out the flag now. I can't bring myself to even think about next year, I do wonder if I'll live to see another flag.
For those that didn't want us to win today, would a draw have satisfied, meaning we would have played Collingwood again?
As gutted as everyone else here. Yes, losing today hurt a little more than last week but we only won 2 of the last 8 games and one of those was against the Eagles.
I don't begrudge anyone unleashing in here tonight. Likewise don't begrudge anyone trying to cling to positives or dealing with this however they need to deal with it.

At the end of the day, we're all hurting tonight... really hurting. I've never experienced 2 weeks of devastation like this ever in my time of supporting this club. I've thought I'd been broken before... right now I can't even imagine going through this all again next year. :cry:
Never thought I’d feel lower than being in the crowd after the 2011 semi final. Was utterly devastated. Still can’t think about that game, watch highlights or anything. The worst I have ever felt after a game that still lingers 11 years later.

These last two games are worse. Much, much worse. This is going to haunt me for years.

I’m broken beyond repair.
...and I think it'll feel worse in the morning.
It is what it is. I'm flabbergasted with where we were midway, maybe a bit later than that in the season. Top 4 contenders the media et al said. But there is sooo much mental fragility within numerous players in our team. Cripps, yes another good game, however he continues to try and do too much at critical times. Its happened on on numerous occasions at critical times in critical games. Today was another example. No he did not lose us this game. BUT he is our captain and he should be leading better than that.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Jezza

Post by Jezza »

BigFooty (Carlton) - Part 2
The worst part about this loss was going into the last quarter 24pts up and 100% knowing that we would throw it away.

It must kill Voss to sit on the sidelines and watch shrinking violets run around.
Well this is a horrible bitter pill to swallow and it’s going to sting for a long long time. Even if we begin well next year, our failures of recent weeks will be front of mind.

I said before the game that we needed to have the game wrapped up with 3-4 minutes to go as we would lose. They have better leaders and cooler heads who know what to do in the situation and we don’t.

I think the rebuild and guys like Crippa and Doch playing in such terrible sides has the effect of they have barely played in games so big and don’t know what to do to close things out, and it goes for the whole side.

No guarantee we will be any better next year either, lots of sides below us who could push up as well, very tough competition.
This sucks but 5.1 to 0.6 in the last was where it was lost. Just get 1 of those goals, or even 1 more point and we're going through to finals.

Hopefully today's loss and watching other teams play finals is enough hurt for our boys to make sure it doesn't happen again next year.
Sorry- We were 8-2. The expectation and the bar raises. Winning 4 of the last 12 is a failure. The first team in 45 years to be in the 8 all year and miss the 8. 7 seasons since we started the rebuild and today we were exposed as massive chokers. You are making a huge assumption that it becomes easier to win under pressure the more times you lose in pressure situations. It is also as likely that the losing habit is reinforced
How can we do it 2 weeks in a row…

The boys are still mentally weak… We need to spend the extra soft cap on psychologists…
We are the least clutch team in the league. Anti-clutch.

Obviously the talent and building blocks are there, but wow do we need to invest in psychologists down at Princes Park.
I think I'm just as mentally soft as the players. Really affects me, has negative impact on relationships etc. An unhealthy obsession with something that is ultimately meaningless. Think it's better to disengage. Would never begrudge a Blues flag but it may have to be won without me riding every bump and ******* myself up mentally every second week.
Came in here to try and feel better - feels worse :(
Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance.

See you in trade week. Our year will attract some important individuals to plug some role gaps.
I still can't believe it. I keep refreshing here, the AFL app and more hoping it's nothing but a cruel joke.

I'd take 10 years of spoons over this loss...I think
Man, that one hurt… but it summed our season up.
30 minutes of electric footy, with the rest being poor to average and then failing the tests mentally when we’re not on top.
Walsh looked so devastated in the box after the siren. Charlie let out an F bomb. Doc looked broken.

Our players looked so broken tonight after the siren. I’d love to have been a fly on the wall in the rooms.

This hurts us and them. I think it’s what the boys need. They will use this as fuel for next year. We will be ok :)

Does anyone have any social media pics from change rooms after the siren?
No guarantee we make it next year as well might I add. Some sides will climb up and some sides will have bounce back seasons. Really hope we didn’t blow our one chance
People telling others "it's just a game" are off the mark. That may be how you see it which is fine, doesn't mean others will.

I am absolutely obsessed with and fanatical about this football club. My family has barracked for them for over 100 years. It means everything to me. To say its just a game is insulting.

Its also why you hear the tsunami of noise like you heard today in the 3rd quarter. It's our passion and it ******* hurts when it gives you very little in return.
Missing finals after being 8-2 hurts. Like many of us, I flew over to the Adelaide game thinking it'd be a sure-fire win and we all know how that went. Knew from that point onwards we weren't going to make finals. Went to last weeks' and today's game knowing we'd lose, expecting a 10+ goal thrashing last week. Yes the result sucks, but how good was that 3rd quarter! Even better getting stuck into the pies fans in front of me. Gives us something to hold on to for the next 6 months. Since 2014, by round 23 we have truly given up and we've had some shocking losses, so I'll take the 1 point loss no problems. Now to face tomorrow with only pies supporters at work.
That was hard to watch and stomach (2 weeks in a row). Can't expect any more when you have one goaless qtr let alone two. We got exactly what we deserved I'm affraid.
You all get to feel angry and hurt and saddened and hopeful because this is the first game we've played with genuine stakes in the last round for 9 years.

It's a more enjoyable pain than the pain of not caring.
There's going out in straight sets in finals. But that's just your run of the mill warm up tournament best of 3 sets. We just went out in straights in a grand slam, loss after loss, after loss to finish it off.
One Word. Gutted.
Devastating loss.

6 months to stew on it. 6 months to learn from it and get better.
Last time we finished 9th we played finals. What gives ??
No drug cheats this time :P
Well at least we have a new nickname.
Instead of Carltank, we'll now get Carlchoke
Gutted but, we will have an easier draw again next year, a top 10 pick and no excuses. Finals next year are a must. Cripps cannot be a Carlton legend with 200 games and no finals. No excuses next year. Finals are a given or we are truly Choketon.
This list was def finals worthy so a waste.

Why play frenetic inspired footy versus Dees and Pies but not versus a weak Adelaide. That’s on Voss and preparing players. I call it dumb.
Feels like home when all you’ve now got to look forward to is trade period
Just watched on First crack the analysis of our setup behind the ball in the lead up to the last Pies goal, pretty bad stuff.
I'm not ready to talk about it yet
Gutted. Not watching any more footy this year :(
As always torched by a small forward.

All 3 of Ginnivan's goals were outrageous.
I’ve only just calmed down enough to look at all the messages.
Carlton social media team posted ‘heartbroken’
Stuff that I’m ropeable!
What a waste of a year. What a capitulation in the backend of the season.

What an embarrassment for the club, players and supporters.

So many stupid decisions, still so many passengers.
No point naming names we all know who did and didn’t do what.

Gutted for those that turn up week in week out only to be let down by the amateurs.

Voss better find plan b and c and d in the off-season.

What a joke. If it didn’t hurt so bad you’d laugh!
A disaster to miss from where we were. Angry to lose today but just so, so frustrated by the ongoing disaster that our injury list has been these past few years.
Never, ever seen a Carlton club white flag it like that.

Wimp, useless….no words.

It’s totally on you, coach.
We are never going to get anywhere with 12-15 players on the injury list every week.

Until the club sorts this out they are kidding themselves.
Gutted. Flat. Empty. Broken.

Said all year I fear one team and one team only: the Carlton Football Club.

Performances against Adelaide, Melbourne and Brisbane prove exactly that. A train wreck of a month and one of the biggest chokes you'll see from a sporting club. And we have to own it.

We need to hire the best sports psychologists in the country because the past month can completely break a group. Might be a good idea to offer sessions to our supporter base too.
I just asked my fiancé for a hug and then literally burst into tears on her shoulder. There was lots of pent up emotion and stress in those tears. I ******* love this club but do they make it hard
Na bro. *ing gutted.
Absolutely gutted and it was made worse having to console my 10 year old son, who for the 2nd week in a row was trying to fathom just how terrible we have been in the final 5 minutes of those games.
This last month of football has been traumatic. I'm genuinely relieved it's over, time to enjoy life again.

See you all in 2023.
Blues have for most of past 20+ yrs left us supporters feeling heart broken, enraged and numb. In equal measure.
For first time in so long this season '22 felt and was different. There was hope and joy and optimism. Until there wasn't. Yet again. A false dawn.

Said to my husband post game, 'Following and loving Carlton is like being in an abusive relationship. You remember how good it was (80's/90's when I was younger). Until it all turned to misery and horse dung. Then the team wins and they suck you back in. Because you want to believe. Desperate after so many yrs of failure. Because you keep faith. You're loyal. For so many of us being a Blue bagger is our family tradition. And family is everything.'

Hello darkness my old friend - probably what many Carlton fans are thinking now. I know I am. I want those players to ache and feel real pain, like we are. To agonise. Regret wasted opportunities. To then regroup, recalibrate and reset. Especially their thinking + ability to perform under pressure. Looking at you H. Moving from 13th to 9th isn't many people's definition of success. Finals IS. Until this team and club deliver that, they're deceiving themselves and us.

Signed, a gutted Blues Mum
Tough day. Simply not good enough. Not much us supporters can do or say
Can anyone believe we cooked this???

Total & utter clusterf**k.

Heads must roll.
Silver lining... as a 90s baby I was always indifferent towards Collingwood, but after this year I hate them with every fibre of my being. The rivalry is back, with interest.
I remember being pretty upset in 2000 when we blew a big lead and kicked inaccurately against the Dees coz it cost us a shot at a flag but this loss was just disturbing. The last month makes me questions whether or not this current crop of players have the mental capacity to win. If they can’t handle a sudden death match to make the finals how are they going to go in an elimination final or a preliminary final?
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

When I die, I want Carlton to put me in the grave, just to let me down 1 last time.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Here's some talkback radio, in the spirit of this thread. :mrgreen:

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1034555
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

And these flogs would have been laughing their arses off by the final siren today.
"Tell us a again about how 1 point can end ya season..."

yeah go f u c k yourselves; again.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

^ **** em. They're still a useless rabble, Dyso.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Yes. **** em. Carlton would kill to be able to get to a Preliminary Final and lose - even by 400 points, since that would be a dramatic improvement on their shitful form this century. But, of course, first they would have to get into the Finals.

By the way, is there any word on that, yet? Will Carlton play in the 2022 Finals?
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Bucks5 »

The karma bus can be cruel AF.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?