Reaching out to former Nicks BB posters

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 177 times

Reaching out to former Nicks BB posters

Post by Presti35 »

We need you back.
I came looking for the thread about MagpieBat and started wondering what happened to the what happened to MagpieBat thread?
Then I started thinking about how busy this place used to be and what happened to all the posters that were once regular visitors.

https://youtu.be/Ww9S7YWD-Ew
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

As one of the very first on here I can tell you one of the biggest problems is that Nicks has gone woke.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Damien wrote:As one of the very first on here I can tell you one of the biggest problems is that Nicks has gone woke.
what exactly has it awaken to or from?
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Nicks is Over umpired
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

Yes and no, not too long ago the abuse was out of hand at times, and I for one don’t miss that at all.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I want Magpie Greg to return to Nick’s. A wonderful poster and a top bloke.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

think positive wrote:Yes and no, not too long ago the abuse was out of hand at times, and I for one don’t miss that at all.
True and if my memory serves me right, I was one of the idiotic culprits when I was flaming & getting flamed by the S_d S_cks. So juvenile I was
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

There was another poster who used to do these awesome highlight packages of our games. Sort of like Kayo Mini’s but 10 years ago. And then, poof .. he was gone.

Favourites something I think his name was?
Last edited by dalyc on Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

What about Grug ? and Dr Alf?
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
slangman
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

As a long time member of Nicks, I have to say that the camaraderie in the earlier days seemed much better.
Over the last 3-4 years, it seems that NBB has been “hijacked” by a core group that imho have their own discussions amongst themselves making it feel a lot different to what it started as.
Not a criticism of this core group just explaining the differences between now and before.

Oh, and we also don’t have Jack Spain
- Side By Side -
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

3rd degree wrote:What about Grug ? and Dr Alf?
Yes! And where is Fatui Attata? And favourites 2008? And Jackcass etc.?
dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

slangman wrote:As a long time member of Nicks, I have to say that the camaraderie in the earlier days seemed much better.
Over the last 3-4 years, it seems that NBB has been “hijacked” by a core group that imho have their own discussions amongst themselves making it feel a lot different to what it started as.
Not a criticism of this core group just explaining the differences between now and before.
I concur. It doesn’t feel as inclusive as it once did. The great Buckley war has a lot to do with it I feel. Everyone needs to move on but some just seem to find that impossible.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

It's definitely changed. I like it, love the info from some posters and I think it's pretty well moderated really... not an easy job for those that keep the place civil.

It's changed a lot for me, especially since I quit drinking 3 years ago.
My drunken rants aren't something I'm proud of... I guess we're all a bit older and some of the posters here now, were still in nappies when some of us first popped in.... geez, 20 years ago!

Dr Alf would be one of the missing posters that come to mind, Sherriffe another.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Where is Fence Banger, nowdays. I reckon 1970 wont come on here now and the Knights of abbotsford, they only existed in the MCgurie, Malthhouse, Bucks tenure, now the club and we have moved on, they dont see the need to come here now. Just saying.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

I’ve had a few usernames, Intentcity, Defender, BobSugar, I’ve never been banned or anything, just lost log in details etc.