#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by shawthing »

RudeBoy wrote:The AFL hierarchy is like a private boys school. Full of a sense of entitlement and prone to bullying, masquerading as 'strong leadership'. Boring and pathetic.
That's exactly what the modern AFL is mate. Almost every new draftee is a private school boy. How many state schools still are allowed to play sports?
scoobydoo
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by scoobydoo »

The AFL & afl media are biggest hypocrites ever. First Danny Frawley & now we have players taking time out off the game for mental health every month it seems. Yet it’s alright to hang shit on 1st/2nd yr players ( Ginnivan) and make fun of Cox’s sight issues. They are an absolute disgrace.
While I’m on this (hypocrisy) can someone explain why there is no alcohol or tobacco advertising in sport but gambling is everywhere. Kids can’t buy smokes or alcohol as easily as they can punt.
Hey but that’s ok coz the afl make more money from the punt.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

My name is Mason Cox

Post by masoncox »

Almost alone I have been a fan of Mason over the last few seasons.
I always said he is ruck come forward not a Forward come ruck.
Nearly every Nixter wanted him delisted last year.
Not me.
There was always a couple of questions that needed to play out.
First Mason has suffered 5 eye operations over the last couple of years coupled with Covid he has not had a good run over the last few seasons.
Having Grundy means he could only give a chop out role in the ruck.
Grundy can't play forward unlike Cameron.
So Cox and Cameron is a better balanced pair than Grundy and Cox.
Cox is a confidence player.
He has had now 3 or 4 games together.
Last couple of years he has been in and out of the team nearly every time after a poor game.
Cant get confidence this way.
People keep raising questions about his age.
But there are 2 factors that need to be considered.
1. Ruckman mature later
2. Cox never played footy until his mid 20's so he had a fresh body and if he was ever coming good then it would be very late compared to other players.
Him and Cameron beat hands down Gawn/Jackson/Brown.
Hopefully Cox can stay injury free this year.
He still has a long way to go.
But I thnk a number of Nixters should apologise to Mason for not having enough faith in mister USA!!!
Johnno75
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I will concede he was great today as was Cameron. But need some more of these types of games from him. He has always had these cameos in big games before.

It will be interesting when Grundy is back and whether we are prepared to give Grundy less time in the ruck and a bit more forward.

Maybe Cox can play at full back!!!!!
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by shawthing »

scoobydoo wrote: While I’m on this (hypocrisy) can someone explain why there is no alcohol or tobacco advertising in sport but gambling is everywhere. Kids can’t buy smokes or alcohol as easily as they can punt.
Spot on there. People complain about the pokies but more people will lose their homes with online betting.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by stui magpie »

Apparently missed out on the BOG award by 1 vote. CLing and Lloyd each gave him BOG so 6 votes, the other judge(s) gave him none.

https://www.facebook.com/triplemfooty/p ... 185049114/
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Love your support of the big fella but you’re not Robinson Carusoe. There are several of us here that have been on board and stuck fat. The bloke comes to the fore on the G in big games. Fly supports people first and foremost and it’s paying dividends.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

stui magpie wrote:Apparently missed out on the BOG award by 1 vote. CLing and Lloyd each gave him BOG so 6 votes, the other judge(s) gave him none.

https://www.facebook.com/triplemfooty/p ... 185049114/
Deserved it more than Clayton Oliver
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

scoobydoo wrote:The AFL & afl media are biggest hypocrites ever. First Danny Frawley & now we have players taking time out off the game for mental health every month it seems. Yet it’s alright to hang shit on 1st/2nd yr players ( Ginnivan) and make fun of Cox’s sight issues. They are an absolute disgrace.
While I’m on this (hypocrisy) can someone explain why there is no alcohol or tobacco advertising in sport but gambling is everywhere. Kids can’t buy smokes or alcohol as easily as they can punt.
Well said scoob
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

It looks as though he needed two things. A ruck role. And eye protection. He has threatened to do this with dribbles in the last few weeks, but it was a fire hose today.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: My name is Mason Cox

Post by dalyc »

masoncox wrote:Almost alone I have been a fan of Mason over the last few seasons.
I always said he is ruck come forward not a Forward come ruck.
Nearly every Nixter wanted him delisted last year.
Not me.
First Mason has suffered 5 eye operations over the last couple of years coupled with Covid he has not had a good run over the last few seasons.
Last couple of years he has been in and out of the team nearly every time after a poor game.
1. Ruckman mature later
2. Cox never played footy until his mid 20's so he had a fresh body and if he was ever coming good then it would be very late compared to other players.
Him and Cameron beat hands down Gawn/Jackson/Brown.
Hopefully Cox can stay injury free this year.
He still has a long way to go.
But I thnk a number of Nixters should apologise to Mason for not having enough faith in mister USA!!!
You’ve not been alone. Don’t BS a BS’r
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
BazBoy
Been liked: 43 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

Sorry to gloat
I could not resist myself.
Look in a few more weeks he may be back in the VFL.
Who knows???/
But there is one thing about Mason and that is his X factor.
I don't go to the footy to see process process process.
I go there to see a glimse of greatness a glimse of magic.
I still remember that Krakouer brothers combining against us at Waverley.
Somehow on their goal line Jimmy jumped in the air, grabbed the ball twisted and turned and then gave a beauty of a hand ball to Phil who kicked a goal.

Jimmy did all this whilst in the air ...twisted and turned and gave a handball off all in one quick motion.
To this day I still shake my head in disbelief.
Mason can excite the crowd...it is why the chant USA USA is so wonderful to hear.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Re: My name is Mason Cox

Post by PyreneesPie »

masoncox wrote:Almost alone I have been a fan of Mason over the last few seasons.
1. Ruckman mature later
!
It's extraordinary that Mason can still get out on the park and even more amazing that he actually wants to, considering what he went through with his eye injuries and his difficulties in getting a consistent run at it in the seniors.
It was just so gratifying to see him play at his best.
His parents are in town and he seems to grow in confidence when they are around to watch and support him.
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

His up coming 2023 contract has gone north I reckon