Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Oh yes indeed. He actually also needs to apologise to the journalist in question. This bloke from Sky did nothing more than politely ask Scotty a question and Scotty gunned him with a tone of “listen pal, don’t get smart with me right, you got it or I’m gunna do you”

Scotty didn’t say this but may well have, it was that gobsmacking.

Now he needs to apologise for taking 4 weeks to say something
Apologise for allowing the lack of ministerial standards previously starting with Angus Taylor and he & his office’s treatment of Clover Moore let alone the others.
He needs to apologise for continuing to reference his family every f*cking time
And he needs to apologise for misleading parliament by trying to be too clever by half

But it’s a start

Like I was saying earlier, the PM and his office are a shambles and are panicking big time
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

It gets worse and worse. Sue Hickey - Liberal Speaker of the Tasmanian parliament - just outed senior Liberal Senator Eric Abetz.

Big time.

She dropped Abetz into so much poo that he will never smell of roses again.

Watch the video: it is a scorcher: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-24/ ... /100016180

Abetz is gawn
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

I guess it won't come as a surprise to anyone that Abetz is a nasty piece of work, but yes, no complaints if this is the thing that finally brings him down (though I'm honestly not holding my breath that it will).
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ It's actually going to help bring Porter down. It's plainly part of a general pile-on until the PM cuts him loose.
watt price tully

Tannin wrote:It gets worse and worse. Sue Hickey - Liberal Speaker of the Tasmanian parliament - just outed senior Liberal Senator Eric Abetz.

Big time.

She dropped Abetz into so much poo that he will never smell of roses again.

Watch the video: it is a scorcher: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-24/ ... /100016180

Abetz is gawn
I'm sorry that's erroneous, what's more it's wrong.

I have it on good authority that Eric Abetz has never smelt of roses
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

So a sacked speaker decides to throw out baseless accusations on her way out.

Obviously the Federal Government was an easier target than the one who just sacked her.

It's funny how some persons ignore any claims from sacked members of one government but take others as gospel
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

So, how long do you reckon Porter's going to last? A week, or do you think maybe 2?

I'm not asking for a view about right or wrong. I'm just interested in where you think this all goes, politically.
watt price tully

Pies4shaw wrote:So, how long do you reckon Porter's going to last? A week, or do you think maybe 2?

I'm not asking for a view about right or wrong. I'm just interested in where you think this all goes, politically.
Porter & Reynolds will both be stripped of their clothes - oops sorry I thought I was a male Liberal Party staffer for a moment
watt price tully

Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pies4shaw wrote:So, how long do you reckon Porter's going to last? A week, or do you think maybe 2?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-24/ ... /100026802

I take no - ahem - pleasure in - ahem - being right.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

Put those thoughts on the back burner.
Credlin has made things even more interesting tonight.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6243305977001

She certainly looks like she wants to settle a few scores. I'm not sure what side she's on, though, exactly. It's not the most coherent thing I've ever read.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

I don’t think she has a side, other than wanting to make things awkward for Turnbull.