#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 136 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Just found out, that before Mason unleashed his goal kicking a Weagles fan in the cheer squad yelled out too him, " Hey Cox, i hope you get the covid virus, like your President Trump". Mason heard this and that made him so angry, so off he went on his goalkickiing. Jeez those Eagles fans are total assholes, fancy saying that to him, they are beneath contempt, so glad we beat em.!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by K »

BazBoy
Been liked: 43 times

Post by BazBoy »

The scenario of both us and Tiggers making Preliminary Final then eliminating
Port and Brisbane this makes for a fascinating GF

Tiggers and the Cox factor will be one to see
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
BazBoy
Been liked: 43 times

Post by BazBoy »

They hit that final knackered
Tom Hafey trained them flat out
right thru the week leading to GF
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

^^^^^^^^

I’ll never forget this. A few books after the grand final replay slammed Hafey for this act of grave stupidity. I loved Hafey and his intentions were to have the ‘pies primed for another top effort. But he went too far. Instead of realising that they were already super fit, he trained them to the ground. In a way, Hafey was a brilliant coach but unlike some like Sheedy, he wasn’t a huge visionary in the area of keeping the team fresh for another grand final.

The opportunity was lost
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

There was a great article in the Herald Sun yesterday about Cox, where he explained that his vision has been impaired for most of this year, and it is only now that he has got back to perfect vision. could have something to do with his remarkable change in form!
He also mentioned one of the sledges a Wet Toast feral screamed at him from the crowd after he kicked his first goal: " Go get Corona virus, like your President".
So glad we eliminated them, and by the margin that will hurt these ferals the most!
Ah ha, sorry Piesnchess, i see you had already mentioned this!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Yeah I didn’t know his eyesight had been a problem for much of the year, I thought surgery had fixed it and he recovered over preseason. I assumed his calf/leg injury was holding him back, but obviously not now. Also, he must have been working extra hard in marking practice because he positioned himself better, used his body betrrr, and clunked marks he’d normally drop. Seriously, all he needs to do is work on marking because he’s got the rest of footy down pat.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 29 times

Western Bulldogs linked to Mason Cox

Post by Magpietothemax »

Matt Rendell has linked Mason Cox with the Western Bulldogs. According to Rendell, the Bulldogs are "down the track" with Mason Cox.
Rendell backed Cox’s ruck abilities given his first-hand knowledge at training.

“I think that’s a good move for the Bulldogs, I rate Coxy a lot higher than lots of people,” Rendell said.

“He’s actually a very good ruckman, I worked for a couple of years with him and Lachie Keeffe and Jarrod Witts and (Brodie) Grundy … he’s a very good ruckman and every time he went in the centre bounce, and they actually did really well.

“So if that was the case, I’d (also) be thinking about playing him deep forward where Collingwood should really be having him. He causes chaos down there.”

Rendell backed Cox’s ruck abilities given his first-hand knowledge at training.

“I think that’s a good move for the Bulldogs, I rate Coxy a lot higher than lots of people,” Rendell said.

“He’s actually a very good ruckman, I worked for a couple of years with him and Lachie Keeffe and Jarrod Witts and (Brodie) Grundy … he’s a very good ruckman and every time he went in the centre bounce, and they actually did really well.

“So if that was the case, I’d (also) be thinking about playing him deep forward where Collingwood should really be having him. He causes chaos down there.”
(quoted from Zerohanger website)
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Presti35
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 195 times

Post by Presti35 »

Cox is a champion all of a sudden
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Yeah. Couldn't agree more. After trading Treloar and Stephenson and maybe De Goey next year, Cox will be feeling lonely all by himself in the forward pocket having no one to talk to. So proactive by the club to get rid of Cox before he falls in love with a Queenslander who wants to stay in Queensland and Cox will have no social life in Melbourne.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Can someone shut Rendell up from yapping to the media? Geezus he has an axe to grind with us
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

After his stellar effort against the Eagles and the fact he can ruck, i would not be clearing Cox to the dishlickers. Not unless they exchange him for Bontempelli, that may do it !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Well apparently the dogs are merging with Norf, so Nicksters will get their wish to see Cox and Brown in the same forward line