#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

eddiesmith wrote:We'd be a lot better off if we'd used Grundys money on Cameron, have Cox as no1 ruck and drifting forward and let Grundy go to Adelaide and win a few spoons
That would’ve been a great outcome but for some inane reason the club decided to value the least important position on the ground as the most expensive. The Grundy deal will be a decision the club regrets for a long time. On top of the Tom Lynch deal that was sabotaged by Buckley, it has been a very poor few years for the club in terms of off field decision making.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:We'd be a lot better off if we'd used Grundys money on Cameron, have Cox as no1 ruck and drifting forward and let Grundy go to Adelaide and win a few spoons
That would’ve been a great outcome but for some inane reason the club decided to value the least important position on the ground as the most expensive. The Grundy deal will be a decision the club regrets for a long time. On top of the Tom Lynch deal that was sabotaged by Buckley, it has been a very poor few years for the club in terms of off field decision making.
Yep, he bent the club right over and cost us any hope for the next 7 years.

In no sane world should anyone be offered 7 years!
K wrote:Was there ever real indication Grundy wanted to return to Adelaide? Port would have been the only okay possibility in that town.
I think so, he always acted homesick but seeing how Port did tonight they don’t need him and he was probably not willing to go to Adelaide.

But I doubt any side other than Collingwood gives him 7 years.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Cox created so many opportunities. Imagine if he played for Richmond with Dusty, or had a decent crumbing forward at his feet.
Big Dan

Post by Big Dan »

Like heat for a reptile, the finals are for Coxzilla.

If only the delivery after 1/4 time was the same it could have been 10 of the best!

And in the last, rising form the pack to save the drive out of defence.

Get ready Geelong.....
i hate carlton
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times

Eagles deliberately targeting Cox's eyes/face

Post by i hate carlton »

Watching the match again this morning (on my DVR) and noticed that the eagles players were deliberately swiping at Masons face and eyes in marking contests.

Absolute scum.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Got him once and a head clash. Hardly targeting..
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

watch it again, he wasnt the only player they tried to eye gouge!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

I still love Big Cox - I can't get enough!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by shawthing »

They weren't just doing this to Cox. They were animals these bastards. And the feral crowd were cheering them on.
BazBoy
Been liked: 43 times

Post by BazBoy »

Did we not see a blatant one. One they could not disguise

When Tay Adams marked a mongrel swept his hand across his face in a late contact which stung Adams eye

Result a 50 meter penalty. For mine I thought they went the man a hell of a lot all night
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Who was it that got in trouble for it this year, Gold Coast or GWS? I can’t recall which one, but they had a reputation for eye swiping and did it to us when we played them.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

Watching the replay of his early goals... Cox finally looks like he understands that HE needs to make the early contact to get his opponent out of position.
Get back on top.
glasseyevfx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by glasseyevfx »

I agree it was a ploy last year - beside Adams I'm not sure there was much else - I'd have to look again.
I thought there was some leg knocking in marking contests that could be dangerous - coxes feet were knocked out a couple of times
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I laughed watching the re play today, when late in the game, three Eagles tried to goad Cox, intimidate him tho they were far smaller than he, one pushed him in the chest, he just laughed and flung him away, as if too say GET OUTA MY FACE DUDE. !! Onya Coxy, we love ya pal !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

After last nights effort by our big Texan, his first qtr that set up our glorious win, never again should we hear a word against big Coxy, hes shown his worth now, after getting over a very serious eye injury. Hes invaluable too our team now, real part of it.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.