Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

DT wrote:
This year is a bit of a sad joke. The footy is just a distraction from a all that is going on so I can’t get upset by it. The players are all living away from home.

We are not good enough to win the flag with Howe Sidey JDG and Treloar out. Just play finals and try to win one match.
Now this is a rational, calm attitude!! Thumbs up to you DT.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

Presti35 wrote:After tonight, Vs Brisbane Bears/Lions:

P:48 W:28 D:0 L:20
There, fixed it. 8)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
BEAMER09
Been liked: 15 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Richmond with a just above average squad have won two Premierships in 3 years. We used to laugh at them.

We are shit. Biggest underperforming club in the world. Buckley has NO IDEA to change a game plan.
He did manage to put Moore in the forward line - I reckon that's worth a 3 year extension to his contract. Which other coach would've thought about that?
COLLINGW09D
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

That was pitiful, just so inept for a professional football team. So many bad players tonight mainly Collingwood players. Was it the dew or the smaller ground or the applied pressure? Just terrible. Tom Phillips started off where he left off from last week. John Noble had he's worst game for the season, Moore drops a sitter then gives away a free for a goal and Grundy was seemingly beaten at every contest he was in. Crisp has lost form, Elliot found it but turned it over like wise Daicos. Adams was handling it like it was a bar of soap and both Brown's w e re as usual.
Can't blame the forwards tonight, they had terrible supply the worst I've seen even for a Buckley coached Collingwood.
no second chances
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpietothemax wrote: sorry PP. I am never happy to see any single collingwood player injured.
I love your loyal, supportive attitude MTTM, but Phillips needs to be dropped and at least he gets "injured" by his name now :wink:
Seth

Post by Seth »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Seth wrote:Buckley’s time has finished. Simple as that. 5 goals for a match. Backwards handball under pressure game plan. Terrible selections weekly. Just rubbish.
so is Fagan's time finished? Brisbane got 6 goals for an entire game.
I don’t have a Brisbane membership. I couldn’t give a stuff about Fagan. Did you see the total scores for us under SuperCoach this year? Wow exciting stuff.
orie
Been liked: 2 times

pies v lions

Post by orie »

Achilles wrote:God we can do some dumb things.
Is there a smart player out there?
How about Grundy in the last quarter , in our forward pocket and taps the ball straight out of bounds!!! Free to lions.. I give up.
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
orie

pies v lions

Post by orie »

Achilles wrote:God we can do some dumb things.
Is there a smart player out there?
How about Grundy in the last quarter , in our forward pocket and taps the ball straight out of bounds!!! Free to lions.. I give up.
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: sorry PP. I am never happy to see any single collingwood player injured.
I love your loyal, supportive attitude MTTM, but Phillips needs to be dropped and at least he gets "injured" by his name now :wink:
Yeah, maybe he needs to be dropped. But does he need to get injured to be dropped?? If so, then that is an indictment of the selection committee.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

doriswilgus wrote:Sier is another one who should come in.He’s probably our best centre clearance player.
Don't forget he was and probably still is injured.
Last edited by K on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

doriswilgus wrote:Sier is another one who should come in.He’s probably our best centre clearance player.
Good one. :lol:
Pep

Post by Pep »

9 shots from 41 inside 50’s is the most frustrating stat from tonight’s game. This has been the theme for us this season and must be addressed...

These amount of turnovers that led to a goal won’t happen every game, was just a dirty night... but somehow had the opportunity to win, so it’s not all doom and gloom... not yet anyway... problem with the Phillips injury is who comes in? A player with less experience?

Oh, and does a team fumble the ball as much as us?? Can we train with some wet/soapy balls to get use to it?
Last edited by Pep on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Monco Matt wrote: If we can get DeGoey, Howe, Sidey & Treloar back I still think we can go all the way. We showed some real intensity in that last quarter, without scoring obviously. But it starts with getting that intensity back, that's the first step.
Agree with you fully MM in that intensity is the absolute key and we sure don't lack players with huge hearts, who just keep on giving their all- Crisp, Maynard, Moore, Billy, Pendles, Noble, IQ, Checkers, Grundy, Daicos to name just a few. They may not have all had brilliant games tonight, but they don't give up.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Piesnchess wrote:NOT overly upset, i did tip the Brisvegas Bears, at their putrid Gabba, coming off a big 13 day rest, to our 5 days, after getting the GF big news. We looked tired at times, jaded, they had fresher legs. Least we fought it out, despite our forward line being wayward. Kudos to Daicos and Crisp, Pendles, never gave up, Cox got two vital goals in a low scoring game. Least we did not get smashed, fought it out, bit of luck, could have gone our way. Now for a rest and re load for the GC Beach Boys.
Most sensible post here. Was at the game, it was a grind, although we were not disgraced. Thought they got us for pace / rebound. Could have gone either way and the post game sentiment is flipped.
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
orie

Post by orie »

Monco Matt wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
alexjvillani wrote: Thank Christ Philips is injured (cost us 4 goals) and Lynch needs to go for De Goey. Cox played well to his credit. Gave it a really good crack. Noble again was great, Elliott was also very dangerous. Worst game I’ve seen Checkers play, just wasn’t his night.

Carn the pies
Amen to the Phillips injury!!! First time I think I've ever not been gutted to have one of our players injured :D
Please don't be hard on Checkers. Serious concussion has lingering effects and he's been such a courageous workhorse for us for such a long time now. (Guess you sort of excused me him by saying it wasn't his night. :wink:).
I thought the same unfortunately and it was no coincidence that Brisbane stopped scoring and we became more dangerous after he went off. The guy is a turnover king and just melts under pressure. But, knowing our luck he'll be the one to have a 2 week hamstring injury instead of the standard 6 to 8 weeker. We just can't carry his performances anymore, he's out for good and to be traded at seasons end.

If we can get DeGoey, Howe, Sidey & Treloar back I still think we can go all the way. We showed some real intensity in that last quarter, without scoring obviously. But it starts with getting that intensity back, that's the first step.
I have to agree that Philiips has been awful lately. Didn't want to say so, but tonight, I was calling for him to be taken off.
Brisbane had lost good players and we still couldn't score. They were all over us and our decision making was atrocious.
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'