Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

alexjvillani wrote: Thank Christ Philips is injured (cost us 4 goals) and Lynch needs to go for De Goey. Cox played well to his credit. Gave it a really good crack. Noble again was great, Elliott was also very dangerous. Worst game I’ve seen Checkers play, just wasn’t his night.

Carn the pies
Amen to the Phillips injury!!! First time I think I've ever not been gutted to have one of our players injured :D
Please don't be hard on Checkers. Serious concussion has lingering effects and he's been such a courageous workhorse for us for such a long time now. (Guess you sort of excused me him by saying it wasn't his night. :wink:).
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

WarrenerraW wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:Anyone who thinks this team is going place is delusional. We are a middle of the road (at best) and going nowhere fast led by an inept coach who preaches a game plan that wouldn't trouble the local under 12s. Once again we were our own worst enemy. Time and time again we coughed the ball up going forward and lined up an opposition player rather than a team mate. Bad kicking is bad football. Our skills and decision making let us down. Too much handball and kicks to the feet above the head, you name it. If we make the finals we won't hurt anyone because all you need to do to beat us to to bully us and we falter. Blame the draw, blame injuries, blame the full mood, blame the fkucking humidity, this loss is on the players who squandered countless opportunities to score.

13 days long rest to a mere 5 speaks for itself. Lions werent that great either, on their own pissing ground and have only travelled 3 times this season. :?
Ah come on, they're professional footballers and they're paid to hit targets. We probably squandered more chances going forward than we hit targets and that's what pisses me off. It's our ineptitude and we turn the ball over with ease. It's not good enough. Everything we achieved last week was undone in 4 quarters tonight.

So 13 day layoff too 5 mean nothing ?? OK what ever. :roll: :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
slangman
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

Grundy has been lucky to have broken even in most games this year.
Not sure if he’s injured or tired, but the big bucks need big performances.

If the list was assessed in a business sense, how many players are playing to their contracted value??

Mihocek has been a steel but we have so many who don’t deliver relative to their pays packets....

And therein lies the problem!
Last edited by slangman on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Side By Side -
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Fino

Post by Fino »

slangman wrote:Grundy has been lucky to have broken even in most games this year.

If the list was assessed in a business sense, how many players are playing to their contracted value??

Mihocek has been a steel but we have so many who don’t deliver r lwtive to their pays packets....

Grundy getting outrucked by players on a fraction of his contract. We got dudded with that contract. Overrated.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Piesnchess wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

13 days long rest to a mere 5 speaks for itself. Lions werent that great either, on their own pissing ground and have only travelled 3 times this season. :?
Ah come on, they're professional footballers and they're paid to hit targets. We probably squandered more chances going forward than we hit targets and that's what pisses me off. It's our ineptitude and we turn the ball over with ease. It's not good enough. Everything we achieved last week was undone in 4 quarters tonight.

Correct. It doesn't mean anything. Me not kicking the ball to you lace out 20 meters away has nothing to do with a 5 day break or a 13 day break, it comes to skills and coaching. This team is not a well skilled team and we do not have a coach who is skills focused.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:
alexjvillani wrote: Thank Christ Philips is injured (cost us 4 goals) and Lynch needs to go for De Goey. Cox played well to his credit. Gave it a really good crack. Noble again was great, Elliott was also very dangerous. Worst game I’ve seen Checkers play, just wasn’t his night.

Carn the pies
Amen to the Phillips injury!!! First time I think I've ever not been gutted to have one of our players injured :D
Please don't be hard on Checkers. Serious concussion has lingering effects and he's been such a courageous workhorse for us for such a long time now. (Guess you sort of excused me him by saying it wasn't his night. :wink:).
sorry PP. I am never happy to see any single collingwood player injured.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Piesnchess wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Correct. It doesn't mean anything. Me not kicking the ball to you lace out 20 meters away has nothing to do with a 5 day break or a 13 day break, it comes to skills and coaching. This team is not a well skilled team and we do not have a coach who is skills focused.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

slangman wrote:Grundy has been lucky to have broken even in most games this year.

Mihocek has been a steel but we have so many who don’t deliver r lwtive to their pays packets....

We keep playing all these other talks but none of them seem to ruck
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

PyreneesPie wrote:

Carn the pies
I thought the same unfortunately and it was no coincidence that Brisbane stopped scoring and we became more dangerous after he went off. The guy is a turnover king and just melts under pressure. But, knowing our luck he'll be the one to have a 2 week hamstring injury instead of the standard 6 to 8 weeker. We just can't carry his performances anymore, he's out for good and to be traded at seasons end.

If we can get DeGoey, Howe, Sidey & Treloar back I still think we can go all the way. We showed some real intensity in that last quarter, without scoring obviously. But it starts with getting that intensity back, that's the first step.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Magpietothemax wrote:
alexjvillani wrote:10 day break brings De Goey and Treloar back possibly. Thank Christ Philips is injured (cost us 4 goals) and Lynch needs to go for De Goey. Cox played well to his credit. Gave it a really good crack. Noble again was great, Elliott was also very dangerous. Worst game I’ve seen Checkers play, just wasn’t his night. Adams played well in patches. Moore and Maynard played well. My boy Magden played well again (love to see it).

Should of been an easy 4 goals win in the end. If disposal was cleaner we had them on toast. Liked the physicality of our boys too, Greenwood, Maynard and Adams as the usual suspects.

Umpires giving me a hernia after some horrible missed decisions which had no consistency, Daicos’ and Pendles free kicks were horrific.

I’m looking forward to the Gold Coast game and possibly knocking Port Adelaide off their pedestal at the end. We’ll make finals but really doesn’t make if we finish 5th of 8th if we’re playing a non Victorian team first up.

Carn the pies
Great post Alex. Yeah, I am quite shocked by the negativity. We were close to one of the official Premiership contendors with so many of our best players out, and them coming off a bye while we had only 5 days grace. Not making excuses, just stating the reality. We held them really tight under while playing under a disadvantage. cox is an essential fixture in our F50, despite what anyone says. When JDG returns, it will be a different ballgame in our F50.

Yeah, the gross negativity pisses me off too, NO allowance for tiredness, one side fresh as daiseys, massive long break, compared to us on a total of 4 days break, we looked tired and jaded at times , stuffed. Take any 5 guns out of any team, like Cats, no sellwood, hawk, taylor, ablett, dangermoiuse, see how they go, hey ? We fought it out despite our woes on the forward line if i was a Lions fan i sure as hell wouldnt be overly rapt in that effort, they never really put us away, we kept coming, just lacked polish up forward. Geit De Goey back, few others, freshen up now, and hit GC Beachboys with everything. IM outa here now fed up with negativity that permeats this place at times, as Barassi says, " injuries are reasons, not excuses. " :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Players were tired. Lions were fresh. A lot of analysis here is off the mark in this season. The AFL has killed us with its fixturing.

Yes, the forward line is not great, but Stevo had a serious illness and has looked poor for most of this year. De Goey only just started to get going and got injured. Cox has returned from serious eye problems and is only now starting to play well. Mihocek was shaken badly by the hit and is not yet right. WHE is plain out of form and JT couldn’t back up on 5 days.

Noble was good generally as was Madgen. Yes it would have been great to have Riccardi but we just don’t seem to go for key talls.

This year is a bit of a sad joke. The footy is just a distraction from a all that is going on so I can’t get upset by it. The players are all living away from home.

We are not good enough to win the flag with Howe Sidey JDG and Treloar out. Just play finals and try to win one match.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpies035 wrote:
This crazy handball game we play is just ludicrous

I thought we actually played quite precise short-kicking footy in the first quarter, which surprised the hell out of me. Lions then upped their pressure massively and many of our players panicked, with sloppy handballs and ill-directed kicks under pressure.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

WarrenerraW wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote: Ah come on, they're professional footballers and they're paid to hit targets. We probably squandered more chances going forward than we hit targets and that's what pisses me off. It's our ineptitude and we turn the ball over with ease. It's not good enough. Everything we achieved last week was undone in 4 quarters tonight.

what ever, im outa here, fed up with the negative nellies on here, love to see how theyd go playing a totally rested team, compared to one whose come off a lousy 4 day total break, cant argue with some people, tiredness means nothing to them, im done here tonight with this crappy attittude. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »