Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

alexjvillani

Post by alexjvillani »

10 day break brings De Goey and Treloar back possibly. Thank Christ Philips is injured (cost us 4 goals) and Lynch needs to go for De Goey. Cox played well to his credit. Gave it a really good crack. Noble again was great, Elliott was also very dangerous. Worst game I’ve seen Checkers play, just wasn’t his night. Adams played well in patches. Moore and Maynard played well. My boy Magden played well again (love to see it).

Should of been an easy 4 goals win in the end. If disposal was cleaner we had them on toast. Liked the physicality of our boys too, Greenwood, Maynard and Adams as the usual suspects.

Umpires giving me a hernia after some horrible missed decisions which had no consistency, Daicos’ and Pendles free kicks were horrific.

I’m looking forward to the Gold Coast game and possibly knocking Port Adelaide off their pedestal at the end. We’ll make finals but really doesn’t make if we finish 5th of 8th if we’re playing a non Victorian team first up.

Carn the pies
Smoking shadows behind the mirrors - Travis Cloke
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Hopefully this is the last of the Grundy, Cox and Cameron/Lynch experiment.
Just does not work.

Looked so much better in the last when we were a bit more direct. Dominated the inside 50’s but could not mark it inside 50 or crumb it.

Hopefully DeGoey will be back for Gold Coast.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Noble was great ....well done lad....you have limited skill but you really did well tonight
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IF Sidebottom had played tonight, as he should have, we may have won that one. Just saying.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Piesnchess wrote:Kudos to Daicos and Crisp, Pendles, never gave up, Cox got two vital goals in a low scoring game. Least we did not get smashed, fought it out, bit of luck, could have gone our way. .
Young Daics just continues to impress in so many ways. Crisp played his heart out, as did Pendles.
Coxy is simply essential to us. to have the nous to kick off the ground for that last goal - who cares whether he marks it or not! :lol: :wink:
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

doriswilgus wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
doriswilgus wrote: How could you possibly know that?If we do play them with four or five stars back I think we will win quite comfortably.They’re nothing special
Yeah nah. We're nothing special either. Mediocre and middle of the road. Have been since buckley came along. Give us 5 of our stars and we'd still find a way to butcher the arse out of the game.
I really don’t know about that.You don’t think DeGoey,Howe,Sidebottom,.Treloar would have made a difference tonight?
Howe would have provided us with a few screamers I grant you that as well as the usual (howe-ler) kicking across ground at HB that would have cost us a goal. Sidebum would have caught the yips like the rest of them and turned the ball over and tagged out of the game. Who knows what JDG would've done.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Jezza wrote:If I was the AFL, I would be worried after tonight.

A night Grand Final at the Gabba in humid conditions is a terrible spectacle waiting to happen.
Even a day Grand Final there would be a bad spectacle because of the humidity and the glare of the sun.The A.F.L just gave it to them out of gratitude for the Qld government helping them out,and let’s face it ,so their officials could hub together in luxury resorts on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
Last edited by doriswilgus on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

Jezza wrote:If I was the AFL, I would be worried after tonight.

A night Grand Final at the Gabba in humid conditions is a terrible spectacle waiting to happen.
Even a day Grand Final there would be a bad spectacle because of the humidity and the glare of the sun.The A F.L just gave it to them out of gratitude for the Qld government helping them out,and let’s face it ,so their officials could hub together in luxury resorts on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
Last edited by doriswilgus on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Sicks Bux wrote:Think our skill errors can be attributed to fatigue. That was our fourth game in 16 days, we were coming off a four day break. Brisbane were coming off a bye and playing on their home ground. Yet they only managed to fall over the line against us by 8 points. We'll be as good as gold after the bye.
Well said !!!!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

alexjvillani wrote:10 day break brings De Goey and Treloar back possibly. Thank Christ Philips is injured (cost us 4 goals) and Lynch needs to go for De Goey. Cox played well to his credit. Gave it a really good crack. Noble again was great, Elliott was also very dangerous. Worst game I’ve seen Checkers play, just wasn’t his night. Adams played well in patches. Moore and Maynard played well. My boy Magden played well again (love to see it).

Should of been an easy 4 goals win in the end. If disposal was cleaner we had them on toast. Liked the physicality of our boys too, Greenwood, Maynard and Adams as the usual suspects.

Umpires giving me a hernia after some horrible missed decisions which had no consistency, Daicos’ and Pendles free kicks were horrific.

I’m looking forward to the Gold Coast game and possibly knocking Port Adelaide off their pedestal at the end. We’ll make finals but really doesn’t make if we finish 5th of 8th if we’re playing a non Victorian team first up.

Carn the pies
Great post Alex. Yeah, I am quite shocked by the negativity. We were close to one of the official Premiership contendors with so many of our best players out, and them coming off a bye while we had only 5 days grace. Not making excuses, just stating the reality. We held them really tight under while playing under a disadvantage. cox is an essential fixture in our F50, despite what anyone says. When JDG returns, it will be a different ballgame in our F50.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pep

Post by Pep »

We still have Sidey, de goey, howe, Treloar to come in... hopefully... that pushes some inexperienced players out and we would use the ball better and make better decisions.

Those turnovers cost us... so frustrating... this is not our best team so we can’t throw the toys out just yet...
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

masoncox wrote:Noble was great ....well done lad....you have limited skill but you really did well tonight
Agree!!! He had a bit of an iffy start to his AFL career with his kicking to targets, but gee, he's come a long way if tonight is anything to go by.
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

Sier is another one who should come in.He’s probably our best centre clearance player.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 31 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

I dont think i saw more then 1 block from a foward to release another forward the entire game.

Lynch showed nothing
Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

Stop making excuses for the players
I agree on the bad draw
But no excuses for poor disposal poor efficiency poor decision making. Once you cross the white lineyou are ready to play.

Too many costly turnovers
This crazy handball game we play is just ludicrous
It hasn’t gotten us anywhere and we continue to play the same way expecting a different result.
How can we have so many players that are so bad at making simple decisions
The Great Macedonian Marvel