#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by K »

Should force Mason to speak Yiddish.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

K wrote:Should force Mason to speak Yiddish.
He’s from Texas not New York
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

PyreneesPie wrote:Mason's eyes still look a little wonky compared to pre-injury photos.
One operation on your eyes would be scary enough but three. Good luck to him.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

What about taz
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by K »

watt price tully wrote:
K wrote:Should force Mason to speak Yiddish.
He’s from Texas not New York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgBntSy3lc8
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

houston hosts games 1 and 2 of world series this week so if they wangle a ticket dare say they will be there.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Don't forget. Mason Cox sat next to (then) Vice President Joe Biden at an AFL match when he briefly visited Australia.

Biden is having some issues at present in trying to win the Democrat Party's nomination and no doubt Mason's sage advice would be helpful.

Sem take note!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 136 times

Post by RudeBoy »

90 nice wrote:Saw Chris tazza Tarrant in swan st this afternoon at a cafe he looking old these days he’s got grey hair now and sporting a little goaty too he is great I spoke to him for half a minute but had to answer his mobile he likes to keep to himself I feel
I wonder why? :roll:
Presti35
Has liked: 420 times
Been liked: 194 times

Post by Presti35 »

A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Who was the reporter who said Cox was seen at Essendon during trade week? The big man said it's bullshit, and I believe him. Also, rumours of a rift between Cox and Bucks are obviously b.s. too.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by stui magpie »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Who was the reporter who said Cox was seen at Essendon during trade week? The big man said it's bullshit, and I believe him. Also, rumours of a rift between Cox and Bucks are obviously b.s. too.
Maybe a slight difference here.

I understand Cox was seen at Essendon's home base, but it was a private thing completely unrelated to the football club. I vaguely recall something about a kids party he was attending.

Cox was pretty clear that he hadn't spoken to Essendon at all, the journo's said any discussion was instigated by Essendon (probably just checking in case Daniher got away) Discussions like that happen all the time during trade period, the player only gets involved if they either instigate it (which he didn't) or the club is interested in trading him (which we weren't).

Just got to read most of the conjecture with a large grain of salt and don't buy into rumours until there's some confirmation.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Woods

Post by Woods »

90 nice wrote:Saw Chris tazza Tarrant in swan st this afternoon at a cafe he looking old these days he’s got grey hair now and sporting a little goaty too he is great I spoke to him for half a minute but had to answer his mobile he likes to keep to himself I feel
He's been a busy boy lately.

Former Magpie Chris Tarrant lists Toorak home
Former Collingwood AFL star Chris Tarrant and his interior designer wife Lauren are set to flip their luxury Toorak home they bought just last year.
Lauren oversaw the renovation after the couple paid $3,665,000 for a 2005 built family home.
Now they're asking between $4.9 million and $5.2 million having updated the property throughout…
https://www.propertyobserver.com.au/for ... -home.html
Woods

Post by Woods »

Cox is a single man again, having broken up with his girlfriend.

The danger here is, what if he takes up a new girlfriend he meets while back in the US? If she prefers home to Oz, then farewell Mr Cox.

Sport’s tallest couple call it quits
Collingwood’s Mason Cox and star netballer Geva Mentor have called time on their relationship, but the American-born giant is still enjoying his off-season in the US, being interviewed alongside Nathan Buckley on one of the world’s most iconic sports shows.
Link (paywalled): https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/ ... 1571732646

Anybody who knows of a local Melbourne lass - very tall, Collingwood supporting, mid-twenties, with a taste for Texan BBQ - should notify the club immediately.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Cox breaks up with gf, then a week later he's taken Bucks to the USA to meet the family. Let's get these rumours straight, guys! :oops:
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by stui magpie »

He's just working his way through the netball team. There's still the AFLW team to go. He'll be fine. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.