#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Doug44

Post by Doug44 »

SwansWay wrote:At first I was against it but upon reflection, I think it could work in our favour but only if we bring in Jenkins. Jenkins would offer us more than Cox in terms of mobility. Subtract a few centimeters in height but he makes up for that with everything else he could offer. Unfortunately for Mason, if he doesn't take a mark, he's all but out of the contest and defenders run off him easily.
If we got Jenkins and Cameron I'd consider it, but that would take up more cap space than Cox, which would be a pointless exercise if we really do need cap space.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 136 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Apparently Buddy Franklin visited the Holden Centre today!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

RudeBoy wrote:Apparently Buddy Franklin visited the Holden Centre today!
Goodbye Mason!

Mason tweeted that the Essendon rumour is fake news. There's a lot of pie being thrown in the sky lately! When does the trade period finish?
Doug44

Post by Doug44 »

RudeBoy wrote:Apparently Buddy Franklin visited the Holden Centre today!
An oldie but a goodie, was he catching up with Josh Jenkins?

I'll believe it when I see it.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Out cox in franklin
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by stui magpie »

Oh FFS,

Cox is going no where, his visit to Essendon has been explained elsewhere, Buddy isn't coming to Collingwood.

Silly season or stupid season?

People, work on your grip. either get one or relax the one you have.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy
Been liked: 43 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
RudeBoy
Been liked: 136 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He'll be turning 29 before the season starts. I can't see him being any better than he is now, and in all honesty, that's not good enough imo.
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

On Sen (Gary Lyon / Tim Watson)

Believed mason Cox is on something like $600k

If that’s the case piss him off get a 2nd round draft pick and put
Those funds into retaining Moore Grundy Pendlebury and de goey

$600k....if true %$^ me!!!
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

K wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Cam wrote:... Now maybe that's the unknown retina situation, I dunno.
FWIW as it’s been mentioned a couple of times -His vision would have been fine this year. It would have had zero impact on his performance.
What are your thoughts on the claim both retinas were torn, one of them a long time before being found when the other one was this year? Cox repeated this himself on TV a couple of weeks ago. How likely does this sound to you (that he wouldn't know he had a torn retina for months)?
Very possible - you don’t feel it and you don’t necessarily have symptoms.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Adz »

If Cox is on 600k Grundy and JDG will demand 1.2 a season.

We overpay our players and always have. Get rid of him.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Do you have any reliable information that he is? Garry Lyon and Tim Watson are unlikely to know.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

RudeBoy wrote:He'll be turning 29 before the season starts. I can't see him being any better than he is now, and in all honesty, that's not good enough imo.
His best was the 2018 prelim. That was pretty damn good. While teams are thinking what do they need to beat Richmond, are we really thinking of getting rid of someone who troubled the Tigers so much?
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
E

Post by E »

Adz wrote:If Cox is on 600k Grundy and JDG will demand 1.2 a season.

We overpay our players and always have. Get rid of him.
c'mon, every contract is a factor of market forces. He was lucky he negotiated his deal after playing arguably one of the omst dominant preliminary finals for a big forward in history. If not the best it was rightu there. We had zero options to replace him once lynch went to richmond and we were hellbent on winning a flag this yerar. Add to that interest from other teams, and are you really surprised we appear to have overpaid.

People who look at salaries in a vacuum without regard to these things, could never build a decent team. Couldn't run a decent company, not ownership material.

I also agree however, that looking at our team right now, and the fact that Cox just cant be the next Cameron, Lynch or Kennedy, we could drop his salary and use it to retain the very best players on our team.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

He apparently signed his contract on 11 September 2017, a year before he played in that game.