#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 136 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I love your passion BB.

I just reckon we need to keep our defence as strong as possible, and Howe is integral to that.

FWIW, I really don't think we need another marking forward, as all of our current/potential forwards - Mihocek, Stevo, JDG, WHE, Elliott and Varcoe - are all good in the air as well as on the ground. I'm actually excited at the prospect of having a much faster, more fluent and dynamic forward set up, come September. Regardless of how it performs over the next couple of weeks, we really won't get to see it's potential until we get JDG and Stephenson back.
BazBoy
Been liked: 43 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

No Baz :)

For this reason:
RudeBoy wrote:
I just reckon we need to keep our defence as strong as possible, and Howe is integral to that.

I'd be very concerned if anyone is pinched from defence to cover Mason's absence, either in the ruck or forward.

Perhaps we could just bring up a tall from the reserves and use him as "dummy" forward - someone who could take an opposition defender and just run the hell out of the way to allow the smaller forwards a clear run at it!! :)
Of course, it would help if he could ruck a little :wink: even if his sole purpose is to try and negate the opposing ruckman.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Nah !!! Old school
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Essendon approach Mason Cox for trade

Post by inxs88 »

See "list management" thread for all updates
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Born to Pie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Apparently Dons looking at Mason Cox

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/ ... 52ypr.html
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au
Been liked: 1 time

Post by kymbo5@yahoo.com.au »

They can look all they want - they can't afford him.
kymbo
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Should be praising him up and boosting his value but if Big Tex could be traded for Essendons pick 31 then I would do it.
Recruit in Josh Jenkins and Darcy Cameron for less than what we get for Cox and the Bombers can pay out his sizeable contract which will help our salary cap squeeze.

One plus one equals three.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

He's worth a first round pick, nothing less.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Achilles wrote:He's worth a first round pick, nothing less.
Bombers 2nd Round pick (their 31st) at best!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Dermott Brereton said that Mason only needed to clunk a couple more per game and he would be a game changer, much in the mould of the preliminary final against the Tigers.
Brereton said he was actually getting his hands to the ball and it was only a matter of time before he would dominate games.
Cox point of difference is huge and was only getting better until he injured himself so maybe he is worth a higher pick than the thirties.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
BBHS
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BBHS »

Rule change hurt him a bit as almost every defender was able to work him under the ball. Gets a run at it though and is unstoppable. Funny one this as I'm not actually sure about him.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Important to remind ourselves that Mason unknowingly had a detached retina in his 'good' eye, and only found out when he had his 'bad' eye repaired. Would have been very difficult for him to perform at his best level this year.