#5 Jamie Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

It’s funny,but when another club makes an offer to one of our players,people automatically think they’re going to leave.They thought that with DeGoey,Moore and Langdon last year’s,yet they all stayed with us.I have a feeling Elliott will be the same.I couldn’t imagine the club would let him go,especially now that he seems to be getting his body right again.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

If I was to say the Pies retained:

* Moore
* DeGoey
* Grundy

all on long-term deals plus re-signing Pendlebury amidst some others and only losing Jamie Elliott who'll be pushing 28 next year, has a suspect injury pedigree but receive a favourable draft pick in return??
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
BigKeyForward

Post by BigKeyForward »

inxs88 wrote:If I was to say the Pies retained:

* Moore
* DeGoey
* Grundy

all on long-term deals plus re-signing Pendlebury amidst some others and only losing Jamie Elliott who'll be pushing 28 next year, has a suspect injury pedigree but receive a favourable draft pick in return??
Then I would say we are weaker than 2019. No ruckman is worth losing Elliot over, unless that Ruckman kicks 20-30 goals a year ( which Grundy does not do )

What's alarming imo is the fact that we lost Witts for only picks 44 and 62. Witts is becoming the Monster i knew he would become.

And Grundy im really starting to believe is a tad bit over-rated.

He actually tapped one straight to Mummy!
The Artist Formerly known as...
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

BigKeyForward wrote:

* Moore
* DeGoey
* Grundy

Then I would say we are weaker than 2019. No ruckman is worth losing Elliot over, unless that Ruckman kicks 20-30 goals a year ( which Grundy does not do )

What's alarming imo is the fact that we lost Witts for only picks 44 and 62. Witts is becoming the Monster i knew he would become.

When you get 73 hit outs, you're likely to send one askew. Also think that Witts for:

* C Brown &
* J Daicos

was a fair outcome.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
BigKeyForward

Post by BigKeyForward »

inxs88 wrote:
BigKeyForward wrote:

* Moore
* DeGoey
* Grundy

When you get 73 hit outs, you're likely to send one askew. Also think that Witts for:

* C Brown &
* J Daicos

was a fair outcome.
Besides all the taps, Mummy defeated Grundy around the contest using his body, he worked like a Dog, he scared Grundy away from the ball

Thats what i saw

Witts has the most taps this year by the way, 4th all time

I thought Grundy was suppose to be a beast in the contest on the ground. I didn't see that these finals, i didn't see that in the Grand Final either...
The Artist Formerly known as...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

It pisses me off that we put years into getting Billy back on his feet and playing good footy -- YEARS! -- and as soon as he's right again, other clubs want him; They didn't want him even two months ago.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

ummm so now, don't the Dorks at Dawkland have a salary cap, does it not exist at that piss and poop team, how come they can recruit stars and does not affect their cap, is old crater face Kennett fiddling the books ????
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

BigKeyForward wrote:

* Moore
* DeGoey
* Grundy

Troll alert, knocking the best ruckman in the League, after just a few days here, even Gawn says Grundy is, dipstick.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Does anybody know when the silly season starts with respect to AFL trades, rumours, swaps and recruiting?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It self-evidently has, wpt.
Doug44

Post by Doug44 »

Relax guys, it's that time of year. Hawthorn are right to be interested, but there is no way they'd really be offering five years. As soon as I heard that I stopped worrying.

He'll get his market value at Collingwood, maybe less a little bit which is the way. If someone is stupid to offer way overs for five years, with his history, we can't and shouldn't match.

He's an important player but we should have won a flag without him. If Sier stays, if T Brown gets games, and if Beams comes back, players like Steele and Pendles could play more forward and be very damaging.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
woodys_world69
Been liked: 31 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Confirmed......Elliott going to hawthorn,.....

To pick up Some takeaway food for lunch
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

woodys_world69 wrote:Confirmed......Elliott going to hawthorn,.....

To pick up Some takeaway food for lunch
Ha ha... i was about to demand the source when i saw the last line.Now i'll just demand you to confirm what sauce Elliott is having on his lunch.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins